AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Lecarla - 05.16.10

Lecarla - 05.16.10

Interviewed by
Lecarla - 05.16.10The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Lecarla

www.myspace.com/lecarla

1. How did you get your band name?
Basically, a few of us that were in a previous band together had a couple of gigs up in Glasgow. Our van broke down up there and we had to pay out a load of money to try and get home again. We had no money left and nowhere to stay! We thought it would be a good idea to find a nice pub to have a sit down and think about what we were going to do (and drown our sorrows J ). In the end the owners of the pub heard about our situation and gave us free food, beer and a place to stay all for free. The pub was called La Cala, so we played around with the word and came up with LECARLA, so simple! haha

2. How did this band get started?
Well, Hannah, Nikki & Steve were in a previous band together so they were already friends. We found Lizzy through a friend and Joe was on formingbands.com which is a site where you can upload information about yourself if you are looking for a band or band member. Its really important to get the members in your band right to make things work. We are all 100% dedicated and are all really close. We obviously spend a great deal of time together so we are more like a little family now J

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Just to name afew bands, Fightstar, Paramore, Flyleaf, Rage Against The Machine, We Are The Ocean, Enter Shikari, Alexisonfire and even Sub Focus. We are influenced by them because they are all out there making a very successful career out of making music, Which is obviously something we want to do more than anything.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
There are sooo many bands we would love to go on tour with.... but, I think if we could choose a band to go on tour with today, it would be Fightstar. We all love them, they are really talented musicians and they just churn out some awesome tunes, so going on tour with them would be amazing!.

5. If you were furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Nikki - Definatly a cat! You just get to laze around all day, go out when you want. get fed and watered and not have to work! lol
Hannah - Is it bad that i get jealous of my cat when i see her snuggled up in bed in the mornings when i have to get up? That makes me mad haha.
Joe - I would have to be a monkey so that on stage a could dangle off the ceiling and stuff while playing guitar.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
People should Listen to Lecarla because we believe that we are a new and exciting band that bring something different to the industry. We have a interesting line up that you don't come across too often with our mixture of girls & guys. We are good to our fans, hard-wroking and dedicated. We just love doing this so much and with your support we can make a career out of this and do it for the rest of our lives.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
HAHA That would be soooo awesome! I think that we have just written a brand new song that would be PERFECT for guitar hero! Unfortunatly it doesnt have a name yet, but we will let you all know when it does and put it forward haha!

We probably wouldnt make it too hard to play so that people could hear the whole song and have to keep playing it hehe.

Joe: "I am pretty much king of Guitar Hero so i don't think it would matter which song of our would be put up, because i would get a 5 star rating anyway!"

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Ha!! All the fans who supported us through thick and thin!. Without a strong fan base, bands would be no where, so its really important to thank all those people that beleive in you and support you, first and foremost!. I think we would also have to give a massive thank you to our drivers dave & Andy. They drive us everywhere and are absolute legends, without them, we would be nowhere. literally!

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I think there needs to be more support and help for Unsigned Bands like ourselves. Its really hard to get yourself out there, with sites like Myspace, and facebook thats a starting point to get attention and your name around, but there needs to be more resources like that!

10. Memorable tour experience?
"GREEN ROOMS! so many memorable times... going to Germany and getting happy with our fans out there, and probably when we were on tour with Arms of Atlas we had maaaany memorable experiences!! On the way home from a lot of our gigs after a few drinky poos we have a tendancy to sing our own songs but replace the lyrics with 'fa la la's & all sorts of other random noises - I think there may be some footage of this on You tube titled 'Wales tour day 2'. Check it out haha.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
We just really want to get some good honest and constructive feedback on what people think of our band. We have come this far completely on our own and feel like we may need some direction now from the pro's and our fans. What do you want to see from Lecarla?

12. What is your favourite song to play?
Ahhh we love playing all of our songs!. This is so difficult! I think we would all choose different ones, but Im going to go with Uncovered. Its just so atmospheric and it always gets the crowd going!

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Joe: "Barbados hands down! All inclusive food and drink, lush beaches and tropical fish... Plus you get a sexy tan"
Nikki: HAHA I'd like to go to Egypt or Italy next i think!
Lizzy: " I want to go to Barbados now!! "
Hannah: " Anywhere that is hot enough for you to crack open a beer in the mornings without being frowned on haha, any excuse "

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Lizzy: " The first thing that sprung to my mind was Chumba Wumba... i get knocked down... oh dear !! , Classic " NOW HITS OF THE 90S! "
Joe: "FIVE all the way! first album i ever bought.. oh and eiffel 65 (Blue) clearly the best song ever"
Nikki: Oh god! Just cheesy pop... I'm sounding like i hated it but i didnt. I loved it lol "Make some noise for the Venga boys!"
Hannah: "Saturday Night by Whigfield, you all know the dance haha"

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Lizzy: Being able to fly ! Surely that is everyones first choice?
Joe: "Invisibility... boys you know why"
Nikki: I would like to be able to time travel. Look at the future and go back a re-live some wkd experiences or just remember them lol
Hannah: Sometimes i just hate having to go through the process of gettin ready to go out, drying your hair, straigtening your hair, blah blah blah - SO... i would love to just be able to picture what i want to wear, click my fingers and magically be ready to go out haha. How cool wud that be - no fuss!!

16. Would you say you had " made it " ?
This is always a really difficult question to answer!! I think that we all agreed that we would feel as though the band has " made it " if we ever saw ourselves on the front cover of Kerrang!!.haha. We have had so many great opportunities, seen some great places and met loads of amazing people so far, so in that sense, knowing that they support us and have faith in Lecarla could be seen as " making it "!

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We are obsessed with cupcakes!. Hannahs mum regularly makes us our fix of cupcakes for practice or for when we are going on tour. LUSH.
Joe: "Some fans may know this already but if not... I'm amazingly good looking and great in bed"

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Nikki: Christmas! Its the only proper holiday you get off work these days and everyone seems to be a lot more happy too lol.
Hannah: I have to agree with Nikki, Christmas is my fav holiday - I hope Santa brings us a record deal
Joe: "Yep definitely Christmas. Those Coca Cola adverts make me all warm inside!"

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Spare time... what spare time? !!! Tobe honest we are sooo busy as a band at the moment that when we do get some spare time we just like to chill out with friends and family. We like the usual things, going to gigs, cinema, drinks with friends and each other hehe and obviously keeping fit!
Joe: "COD... standard"

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
LOL well, Hannah is an awesome dancer and used to be in a street dancing group, you can often see her busting out the moonwalk on stage! lol
Steve knows absolutly everything about every alternative rock and metal band alive! lol He is a book of knowledge from all the song names, albums, who they married, when they started playing! Its scary! lol
Joe Can bend his thumbs back very far!
Lizzy loves drawing and can play piano !! which we havent yet incorporated into our music but might do one day
Nikki is really wicked making our tour videos and random jokey videos, she always has her video camera with her lol. Steven Speilberg watch your back!

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests