Password

Album Review
As I Lay Dying - The Powerless Rise Album Cover

As I Lay Dying - The Powerless Rise

Reviewed by
As I Lay Dying The Powerless Rise
Release Date: May 11, 2010
Record Label: Metal Blade
This review is a user submitted review from Dystroxia. You can see all of Dystroxia's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 14 of 14
02:25 PM on 05/18/10
Dystroxia
We found love in a hopeless place
User Info.
Finally!

The format's right, lol
02:30 PM on 05/18/10
pi_who
pi_who
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So rad, way to go AILD.
12:13 AM on 05/19/10
Xx sorrow xX
poof
User Info.
Good album
But yes i did miss clean vocals
03:11 PM on 05/20/10
AskAlex24
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
awesome album
01:07 AM on 05/21/10
Jaimehere
Support local music!
User Info.
who rated this album completely and utterly low?

YOU SUCK
08:20 AM on 05/21/10
Dystroxia
User Info.
who rated this album completely and utterly low?

YOU SUCK
91% is too low?

This album isn't perfect.
02:32 PM on 05/21/10
Jaimehere
Support local music!
User Info.
91% is too low?

This album isn't perfect.

member ratings
05:01 PM on 05/21/10
Dystroxia
User Info.
Oh okay
05:38 PM on 05/23/10
ship of beers
User Info.
Awesome, didn't know this was out. Loved an ocean between us, so Ill have to check this out
02:26 AM on 08/17/10
C.o.l.t.o.n.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I might get bashed for this but in a way i believe that the member rating is somewhat more accurate than the author rating... not to disrespect the author at all but for some reason this album isn't as good as their previous release in my opinion. I love As I Lay Dying I still listen to An Ocean Between Us frequently from beginning to end. However I got The Powerless Rise when it came out and maybe listened to the album as a whole twice and that was pretty much the extense of it being played on my ipod. Even after a month of not listening to the cd i started listening to it tonight, but ended up switching to an different album after a song and a half. There is just something about it that after a minute or so of it being played it becomes boring no matter what song I play from the album. Its really a shame since this band is really talented.
07:05 AM on 08/17/10
Jaimehere
Support local music!
User Info.
I might get bashed for this but in a way i believe that the member rating is somewhat more accurate than the author rating... not to disrespect the author at all but for some reason this album isn't as good as their previous release in my opinion. I love As I Lay Dying I still listen to An Ocean Between Us frequently from beginning to end. However I got The Powerless Rise when it came out and maybe listened to the album as a whole twice and that was pretty much the extense of it being played on my ipod. Even after a month of not listening to the cd i started listening to it tonight, but ended up switching to an different album after a song and a half. There is just something about it that after a minute or so of it being played it becomes boring no matter what song I play from the album. Its really a shame since this band is really talented.

but again the amount of people thinking this is the band's best work so far(and IT IS) and the people who think it sucks is very lopsided
04:52 PM on 08/17/10
C.o.l.t.o.n.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
but again the amount of people thinking this is the band's best work so far(and IT IS) and the people who think it sucks is very lopsided
Oh I bet Im not saying that its bad in any regard lol I still would recommend it to people, however for me there is something about the album that i get really bored with. Maybe the production is not doing it for me, even though the production got a really good score. Im not sure
04:23 AM on 08/25/10
Knifeovich
We are the music makers...
User Info.
Oh I bet Im not saying that its bad in any regard lol I still would recommend it to people, however for me there is something about the album that i get really bored with. Maybe the production is not doing it for me, even though the production got a really good score. Im not sure
I often feel like that when an band releases an album right after one that I loved to death. Even if it's good it takes me a while to get into it because I want to be blown away like I was with the last album. Just one of those things I think.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos