Username
Password

02:05 PM on 06/16/09 
User Info.
Machu505
yep
New Haven CT
Male - 18 Years Old
I sincerely hope that is sarcasm, but judging by other posts I've seen from you, I assume that it is. Haha

I have a vagina...

02:28 PM on 06/16/09 
User Info.
Charles777
Feeling groovy
Pittsburgh, PA
Male - 21 Years Old
I feel like an asshole now
02:32 PM on 06/16/09 
User Info.
SincerelyMe
Long live the car crash hearts
Stanhope, NJ
Female - 21 Years Old
Found this interesting:
http://www.gallup.com/poll/118378/Ma...-Marriage.aspx
02:35 PM on 06/16/09 
User Info.
Praetor
as we melt, let's make no noise.
Male - 20 Years Old
Americans are bigoted and closed-minded. Also, water is wet. Story at 11.

Seriously though, most interesting/annoying part of that article?

If you oppose gay marriage then you're not a conservative. Republican...yeah. Conservative...not a chance. Isn't the typical conservative rallying cry "less government interference"? Pretty stark contrast to this Republican take on conservatism, which is "less government interference unless you're a homosexual".
02:41 PM on 06/16/09 
User Info.
Praetor
Male - 20 Years Old

If you oppose gay marriage then you're not a conservative. Republican...yeah. Conservative...not a chance. Isn't the typical conservative rallying cry "less government interference"? Pretty stark contrast to this Republican take on conservatism, which is "less government interference unless you're a homosexual".
Correction: or a woman.
05:59 PM on 06/16/09 
User Info.
Machu505
yep
New Haven CT
Male - 18 Years Old
Obama is going to extend benefits to partners of LGBT federal employees.
06:15 PM on 06/16/09 
User Info.
saysmydoctor
Resident New Yorker
Albany NY
Male - 23 Years Old
So here is how it works for gays in the Obama administration

Diplomats from other nations and their partners: get rights
Government employees and their partners: get rights
Average citizen who makes up the vast majority of the population: we're going to wait
07:12 PM on 06/16/09 
User Info.
WarpSpeedChewy
You know Elvis had a twin brother?
Metro-Atlanta, GA
Male - 26 Years Old
Just want to say as a preamble that I agree with pretty much everything mostly everyone has said, but I think some of the impatient is misguided. The time for the issue is pretty close but I'm not completely sure it's the appropriate time to start acting on it. This issue needs the room for something to happen. Either way I think something will happen with it sooner than most think. It's going to be coming to the administration and not the other way around. They need to meet them in the middle soon.
11:11 PM on 06/16/09 
User Info.
open mind
bastard on parade
No Avatar Selected
anchorage
Male
gay/lesbian folks will gain more rights as our population gets younger.

the current crop of idiots running things (and those who vote them into office) will probably never see the error of thier ways.
03:48 AM on 06/17/09 
User Info.
Praetor
Male - 20 Years Old
So here is how it works for gays in the Obama administration

Diplomats from other nations and their partners: get rights
Government employees and their partners: get rights
Average citizen who makes up the vast majority of the population: we're going to wait
THE LOGIC IS UNDENIABLE
03:56 AM on 06/17/09 
User Info.
Praetor
Male - 20 Years Old
Has he done anything for LGBT rights other than of those for government employees/diplomats? Anything?

Fuck him. Yeah, that's change we can believe in.
05:52 AM on 06/17/09 
User Info.
Mercy Medical
Semi-retired
York, PA
Female - 30 Years Old

I've honestly never understood the Republican party and their whole idea of less government interference.....unless it comes to social matters! Then as much government interference as possible!
05:55 AM on 06/17/09 
User Info.
Mercy Medical
Semi-retired
York, PA
Female - 30 Years Old
Has he done anything for LGBT rights other than of those for government employees/diplomats? Anything?

Fuck him. Yeah, that's change we can believe in.
While I'm pretty upset with Obama's lack of action in regards to LGBT rights, I suppose it's somewhat understandable. I mean, I guess every group he made promises too would hope those changes would come on day one. The economy is in the shitter, North Korea is acting crazy and a lot of other issues are going on. I'm frustrated, to say the least, in regards to what has happened for LGBT rights thus far. I think most of my current frustration comes from the DoJ DOMA brief and Obama's lack of saying anything about it. I am trying to be patient, for the most part and am trying to realize that he hasn't been in office very long in the scheme of things.

Honestly, at this point I wish he would just go on record and make a statement about that DOMA brief. That's probably the worst thing that has happened so far. The language used in that brief is inexcusable, ESPECIALLY coming from the government and his administration. If he would come out and make a statement about that, then I think I could be patient for a while.
07:20 AM on 06/17/09 
User Info.
wrppdarndyrfngr
Ryan Adams > You
Kansas City
Male - 27 Years Old
Quote:
“The number of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people killed in bias-motivated incidents increased by 28 percent in 2008 compared to a year ago,” according to the National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs. Last year’s 29 killings was also the highest number recorded since 1999, with the debates over LGBT issues being “possible flash points” that are sparking a “backlash.”

sad.
07:27 AM on 06/17/09 
User Info.
saysmydoctor
Resident New Yorker
Albany NY
Male - 23 Years Old
Empire State Pride Agenda called Obama the fuck out, priceless.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos