06:38 PM on 09/17/06 
User Info.
CROMagnon
Joe Cool
New York
Male
a few years ago i did pretty much what you want to do
i went from 205 to about 160 in 2 1/2 months

like these other posters are saying, you gotta do everything: cardio everyday, lifting AT LEAST every other day, on a rotation (one day chest and shoulders, next day arms, next day back/legs/stomach, something to that effect)
plus, you have to change what you eat and how often you eat
everywhere online they'll tell you the same thing: eat frequently, like 5 or 6 smaller meals a day, and replace heavier foods with lighter ones, like eat more chicken breast and other lean meats and eat less beef (which tends to be on the fatty side)
you're not eliminating anything, you're just shifting the focus
plus, drink a lot of water, it cuts down on your hunger...and peanut butter is an excellent thing to eat; if you're not eating peanut butter, start
06:43 PM on 09/17/06 
User Info.
CROMagnon
Joe Cool
New York
Male

i've never been a calorie counter. but when i diet, i do one of two things. if you want an extreme diet that worked wonders for me in the past, limit yourself to 30 fat grams a day. with no more than 10 of them being saturated fat. if you don't want that extreme, you can go up it to like 50, but still wanna keep your saturated low.
this is great advice, exactly what i do
06:56 PM on 09/17/06 
User Info.
CROMagnon
Joe Cool
New York
Male
i drink about 3-5 liters of water a day. i pee around 5 times after every 1.5 liters and the urine is totally clear and smells like guava nectars...is that normal?
my high school health teacher said that clear urine is healthy
i don't know about the smell though
07:01 PM on 09/17/06 
User Info.
CROMagnon
Joe Cool
New York
Male
having to pee every 2 minutes gets annoying
...that should have only happened the first couple of days of drinking that much water
your body should be used to it by now
07:23 PM on 09/17/06 
User Info.
CROMagnon
Joe Cool
New York
Male
Once you start going to the gym, regarding the split, most people have a chest/triceps day, back/biceps day, and legs/shoulders day, because the three major areas of muscles are chest/back/legs, while triceps/biceps/shoulders are minor muscles. Try to avoid doing an "arms" day, devoting a whole day to two minor muscle groups is bad.

i've changed to this setup, and it has worked much better

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version