Username
Password

02:24 AM on 04/26/10 
User Info.
Jaimehere
Support local music!
Philippines
Male - 22 Years Old
if you are using protein drinks, do you need to use it everyday? or only the days when you work out? lets say Monday to Friday=5 days?
03:26 AM on 04/26/10 
User Info.
Jaimehere
Support local music!
Philippines
Male - 22 Years Old
I'm on a high protein-low carb diet so every day. Usually once in between meals and then once after my workout.

so you really max-out your workouts? cause i drank protein shakes before but I could not maintain my workouts thoroughly before so instead of building muscle most just became acne on my face

though now its summer i'v been getting very very good workouts at the gym cause of all the time
02:57 PM on 04/26/10 
User Info.
Jaimehere
Support local music!
Philippines
Male - 22 Years Old
it depends. On days I lift, I max out my protein intake (the old adage goes that you want 1.5x your bodyweight in kg...that's how many grams you should ingest in order to build muscle...so for me i'm 185lbs which is 83kg which comes out to about 120 grams of protein). On days I don't lift I do about a 1:1 ratio. Also on the days I lift, most of my protein comes in around when i lift (as I said before, 20 grams before lifting, 40 grams after lifting...just from shakes...then another 60 will come in from meals). So I usually try and workout before dinner time. That's another good thing to follow...lift before your largest meal of the day...after you lift your body is drained so you need to replenish your glycogen stores as well as build muscle. So why not get your max calories in right after you lift? I tend to have my biggest high GI carb meal an hour before I lift so that when I'm working out, I burn mostly ingested carbs and some glycogen so then afterwards, my body is not as drained and I can build more efficiently.

alright thanks for the great advice!
03:37 PM on 04/30/10 
User Info.
Jaimehere
Support local music!
Philippines
Male - 22 Years Old
last question!

is the time of the day when you workout relevant to the amount of muscle you can build? or not really?
05:42 AM on 06/01/10 
User Info.
Jaimehere
Support local music!
Philippines
Male - 22 Years Old
i'm lucky that i do not need to have a diet to stay in shape xD my body has a high metabolism rate hahaha

i never get fat, just lean
02:26 PM on 06/04/10 
User Info.
Jaimehere
Support local music!
Philippines
Male - 22 Years Old
Tuna pasta is a meal i have pretty much every other day, love it.

Also, i was just curious as to what music people work out to? I was in the gym today and the speakers were bust in the room, and as i was the only one in there, it was boring as hell and i had a pretty bad session. Never thought music could make a big difference on your workout, but it does.

Something fast/heavy/aggressive/upbeat

namely either Metal/Hardcore/Pop Punk

sometimes Hip-Hop when i feel ghetto lol
03:23 PM on 06/05/10 
User Info.
Jaimehere
Support local music!
Philippines
Male - 22 Years Old
It's a tragedy.

Before:

After (its worse than this looks):

damn! that really is a tragedy

1st pic was HOT and then BOOM, food had to mess it up...
03:55 PM on 06/05/10 
User Info.
Jaimehere
Support local music!
Philippines
Male - 22 Years Old
Am I correct to assume the face was good before, then? If so, hot damn. Get that girl busting her ass, man.

Hahahahaha agreed!
03:11 AM on 03/15/11 
User Info.
Jaimehere
Support local music!
Philippines
Male - 22 Years Old
Ok so It's gonna be summer vacation and I have a good 2 and a half months of getting fit, here are some questions that I have:

1. How many times is it best to work-out per week? What are the intervals between days you work-out and you let your body rest?

2. Any good homemade protein shake recipes anyone could recommend?

3. Is it better to work-out in the morning? late-afternoon? evening? is there a PERFECT time of day to work-out?

4. Any sites you could recommend where I can find many kinds of exercises for different muscle groups

and some info that may affect the things you could recommend me, I'm 19, around 137 lbs so that's about 17 lbs of muscle I have gained since last year I believe and I'm 5'7
03:41 AM on 03/19/11 
User Info.
Jaimehere
Support local music!
Philippines
Male - 22 Years Old
Ok so It's gonna be summer vacation and I have a good 2 and a half months of getting fit, here are some questions that I have:

1. How many times is it best to work-out per week? What are the intervals between days you work-out and you let your body rest?

2. Any good homemade protein shake recipes anyone could recommend?

3. Is it better to work-out in the morning? late-afternoon? evening? is there a PERFECT time of day to work-out?

4. Any sites you could recommend where I can find many kinds of exercises for different muscle groups

and some info that may affect the things you could recommend me, I'm 19, around 137 lbs so that's about 17 lbs of muscle I have gained since last year I believe and I'm 5'7

anyone care to help me with these questions?
04:56 PM on 02/21/12 
User Info.
Jaimehere
Support local music!
Philippines
Male - 22 Years Old
Anybody have a good routine to build some muscle on my biceps?

I currently do this

About to be 2 weeks since I started, and I workout in my house BTW, too lazy to go to the gym so I had my dad a few years ago buy us some equipment.
11:54 PM on 03/14/12 
User Info.
Jaimehere
Support local music!
Philippines
Male - 22 Years Old
Anybody here eat raw egg whites?
02:13 PM on 05/22/12 
User Info.
Jaimehere
Support local music!
Philippines
Male - 22 Years Old
Is Nitro-Tech a good brand of whey?
01:53 PM on 05/25/12 
User Info.
Jaimehere
Support local music!
Philippines
Male - 22 Years Old
only experience with protein is ON gold standard whey. very good flavor/mixability. don't use protein shakes that much anymore though.

apparently trutein is absolutely delicious as well if you're looking for something that has good flavors.

Know anything about Hardcore Pro series? So far I've only got my friends' input on it and he says its pretty good, a little on the expensive side but still good.
02:17 AM on 10/20/13 
User Info.
Jaimehere
Support local music!
Philippines
Male - 22 Years Old
What's a good calorie calculator app that's database of food/meals you can still access while offline?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos