Username
Password

02:03 PM on 07/14/11 
User Info.
NEP633
the king, with beak and talons
NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Lose fat/strength. I'm currently at 18% body fat and 41% muscle. I'm not sure where I want those stats to stand, but id like to lose belly fat.

I should also add I do 100 to 200 kettle bell swings per night.

4 days a week is perfect. What you're doing is really random though.. There are some great exercises on there but you aren't benifiting from them when you're doing them randomly.

Do the most important exercises first in your workout. This is one of the most fundimental rules to lifting.

Day 1- Squat- after you squat you should pick exercises off your sheet that target your legs and abs.

Day 2- Bench Press- after you bench you should pick evercises that target your triceps, lats, and back.

Day 3- Deadlift- same as squat

Day 4- Some kind of Press (Incline, Push, Military, etc) same as bench day.

For strength the general rule of thumb for reps is somewhere in the 3-8 range. For the exercises after the main one you should do higher reps (4 sets of 12)
01:51 AM on 07/24/11 
User Info.
bobbo8
@RM_Mathews
Revere, Ma
Male - 27 Years Old
Ive posted in here multiple times asking for advice but I finally got into the habit of going to the gym 3-4 times a week recently. I''m sort of just doing random things + cardio while im there though. I've cleaned up my diet a bit but I'm a very picky eater so it's tough. I guess I'm looking for a steady workout to help me achieve my goals. I'd like to lose about 15lbs and gain a little bit of strength. I guess you could say it's for vanity reasons but I really just want to feel more comfortable with myself.
02:02 AM on 07/24/11 
User Info.
anamericangod
Georgia
Male - 29 Years Old
Verified
Ive posted in here multiple times asking for advice but I finally got into the habit of going to the gym 3-4 times a week recently. I''m sort of just doing random things + cardio while im there though. I've cleaned up my diet a bit but I'm a very picky eater so it's tough. I guess I'm looking for a steady workout to help me achieve my goals. I'd like to lose about 15lbs and gain a little bit of strength. I guess you could say it's for vanity reasons but I really just want to feel more comfortable with myself.

Bodybuilding.com

Check out the forums. Find something that looks like it fits your goals. There are all sorts of plans there.
02:12 AM on 07/24/11 
User Info.
bobbo8
@RM_Mathews
Revere, Ma
Male - 27 Years Old
Bodybuilding.com

Check out the forums. Find something that looks like it fits your goals. There are all sorts of plans there.
Thanks, how will I know if it's a good routine or not though? Just trial and error? I'd really like something easy to comprehend and proven to work cause I'd like to drop the wait sooner than later (I think 2 months is a reasonable time frame).
02:45 AM on 07/24/11 
User Info.
anamericangod
Georgia
Male - 29 Years Old
Verified
Thanks, how will I know if it's a good routine or not though? Just trial and error? I'd really like something easy to comprehend and proven to work cause I'd like to drop the wait sooner than later (I think 2 months is a reasonable time frame).

There should be commentary from people explaining what their goals are. You'll know if it's too intense of a workout for you.
09:27 AM on 07/24/11 
User Info.
jiangjun218
No Avatar Selected
Male - 27 Years Old
It truly is regarded by which Oakley sunglasses online
have obtained shipped ease and comfort for your living.
02:24 PM on 07/29/11 
User Info.
Mot
Sicklerville, NJ
Male - 28 Years Old
I just compared the nutritional information of Smucker's all natural peanut butter to Skippy Roasted Honey Nut and the numbers were pretty similar. Can someone explain to me the difference, and why all natural is better for you? And if Smucker's isn't the best all natural peanut butter, what is?
10:42 AM on 08/17/11 
User Info.
irthetyler
Coachillin'?
Los Angeles, CA
Male - 29 Years Old
Put together this little workout that has been killing me lately/keeping my interest. Fun to do with friends since you time yourself. Figured I'd share...

Bench Press: 185lbs, rep of 10
split squats: Body weight, rep of 20
Renegade Rows: 50lbs, rep of 10
Jumps (onto bench): Body weight, rep of 20
Push Press: 50lbs, rep of 10
Single leg push off (on bench): body weight, rep of 20
Seated Pull Down: 120lbs, rep of 10
Tricep ski: 40lbs, rep of 10
Mountain climbers: 100
1/4 mile run

Go through it 3 times. My best time so far is 25:49. AP workout thread challenge?
07:28 PM on 08/17/11 
User Info.
KidRobot
Redemption.
NEW JERSEY
Male - 24 Years Old
I just compared the nutritional information of Smucker's all natural peanut butter to Skippy Roasted Honey Nut and the numbers were pretty similar. Can someone explain to me the difference, and why all natural is better for you? And if Smucker's isn't the best all natural peanut butter, what is?

http://www.peanutbutter.com/nutrition_creamy.html

Ingredients: Roasted Peanuts, Sugar, Hydrogenated Vegetable oils, salt

http://www.peanutbutter.com/natural.aspx

Ingredients: Roasted Peanuts, Sugar, Palm oil, Salt
12:54 PM on 08/20/11 
User Info.
PandaBear!
\m/ (-.-) \m/
The Mountains, UK
Male - 26 Years Old
Anyone here have the problem of running out of energy within the first 10mins of their workout, no matter what kind of pre-workout meal they've had? Today i managed just 3 sets chin-ups then had to immediately drop 10kg/20lbs off my barbell for rows then just fucking gave up - this was also a whole 3 days after my last "workout" where the same thing happened, and has been for a month+. Compared to what i used to be able to do it is frustrating/embarrassing.
Any ideas how i can improve energy and actually put in a full 45mins/1 hour?
01:03 PM on 08/20/11 
User Info.
anamericangod
Georgia
Male - 29 Years Old
Verified
Anyone here have the problem of running out of energy within the first 10mins of their workout, no matter what kind of pre-workout meal they've had? Today i managed just 3 sets chin-ups then had to immediately drop 10kg/20lbs off my barbell for rows then just fucking gave up - this was also a whole 3 days after my last "workout" where the same thing happened, and has been for a month+. Compared to what i used to be able to do it is frustrating/embarrassing.
Any ideas how i can improve energy and actually put in a full 45mins/1 hour?

Give details about the following aspects:

First 10 minutes of workout
Current diet/supplements
Current level of fitness
Time of workout
Sleep pattern

If you really are interested/concerned, have you thought about making your own? Being from Georgia, tons of people do it here.
02:04 PM on 08/20/11 
User Info.
PandaBear!
\m/ (-.-) \m/
The Mountains, UK
Male - 26 Years Old
Give details about the following aspects:

First 10 minutes of workout
Current diet/supplements
Current level of fitness
Time of workout
Sleep pattern

5:30 pm workout = quick warm-up on my punchbag 5 mins, felt good after. Into 3 sets of 10 chin-ups (usually easy going for me) then 3 sets of 8 barbell rows which sucked & zapped all my energy, so i gave up weights. Went to do some planks ab exercises - struggled to hold 1 min when 48 hours ago i held one for 2.5 mins. Gave up completely.

Diet = good, balanced & has been for years. I try to follow a typical pro soccer players diet 'cause i play soccer too. No 'supplements' as such, though i did stop using whey protein 2 months ago which, now that i think about it, was about the time my energy levels started getting worse.

Current level of fitness - above average, but i've always been a 'hardgainer' so the effort i've put in isn't fairly reflected imo.

Sleep pattern kinda sucks - go to sleep around 2-3 AM, but get full 8 hours (sleepin' 'till 12, the perks of unemployment lol). Gonna start going to sleep earlier as of tonight.
02:36 PM on 08/20/11 
User Info.
startBBtoday
5:30 pm workout = quick warm-up on my punchbag 5 mins, felt good after. Into 3 sets of 10 chin-ups (usually easy going for me) then 3 sets of 8 barbell rows which sucked & zapped all my energy, so i gave up weights. Went to do some planks ab exercises - struggled to hold 1 min when 48 hours ago i held one for 2.5 mins. Gave up completely.

Diet = good, balanced & has been for years. I try to follow a typical pro soccer players diet 'cause i play soccer too. No 'supplements' as such, though i did stop using whey protein 2 months ago which, now that i think about it, was about the time my energy levels started getting worse.

Current level of fitness - above average, but i've always been a 'hardgainer' so the effort i've put in isn't fairly reflected imo.

Sleep pattern kinda sucks - go to sleep around 2-3 AM, but get full 8 hours (sleepin' 'till 12, the perks of unemployment lol). Gonna start going to sleep earlier as of tonight.

have you replaced the whey protein with other forms of protein? if not, that might explain it to some extent. it could also be a mental thing. i'm certainly not criticizing you or judging you for not having job, but i do remember 2-3 years ago when i was unemployed my psyche and energy levels weren't very high and it was tough to get motivated. also, did you recently take a break from working out at all? sometimes if i can't work out for a week or so when i get back my energy levels and motivation kind of suck.
03:41 PM on 08/20/11 
User Info.
anamericangod
Georgia
Male - 29 Years Old
Verified
I'd say get back to taking some good protein, assuming your diet is as balanced as you say. You're getting 8 hours of sleep, maybe consider working out sooner after you're awake rather than waiting til 5-6pm. As far as supplements, get some black/green tea to give you a little perk and focus along with antioxidants, and you will avoid the harsh aspect of stimulants.

Other than that, it really could be mental. A lot of people disregard that aspect.
06:05 PM on 08/20/11 
User Info.
PandaBear!
\m/ (-.-) \m/
The Mountains, UK
Male - 26 Years Old
Thanks for your help guys.

have you replaced the whey protein with other forms of protein? if not, that might explain it to some extent. it could also be a mental thing. i'm certainly not criticizing you or judging you for not having job, but i do remember 2-3 years ago when i was unemployed my psyche and energy levels weren't very high and it was tough to get motivated. also, did you recently take a break from working out at all? sometimes if i can't work out for a week or so when i get back my energy levels and motivation kind of suck.

I've replaced Protein shakes with protein bars - i was on maximuscle 'cyclone' powder, now on to maximuscle 'promax' bars. The powder had creatine in it which i believe could play a fairly big part in my energy drop, because, when regularly having the shakes (2X a day) i had energy like never before. The other thing is that i've moved away from my gym so have gone from heavy machine weights to mostly bodyweight right now, but surely that is less exertion and should leave me less drained? i used to do 105kg/230lb machine bench press to failure and, honestly, 25-30 push ups are harder than that now!

I'd say get back to taking some good protein, assuming your diet is as balanced as you say. You're getting 8 hours of sleep, maybe consider working out sooner after you're awake rather than waiting til 5-6pm. As far as supplements, get some black/green tea to give you a little perk and focus along with antioxidants, and you will avoid the harsh aspect of stimulants.

Other than that, it really could be mental. A lot of people disregard that aspect.

i've decided to change to between 1-2pm 'cause i always feel good then so we'll see how it goes. I've always thought i've had some vitamin deficiencies & the like so maybe that could play a part?
Would you mind expanding on that bolded part 'cause that sounds interesting & i have not really heard of metal stuff affecting energy...

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos