AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview
Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.

Carter Hulsey - 05.28.10

Interviewed by: Keagan Ilvonen (05/28/10)
The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Carter Hulsey

www.myspace.com/carterhulsey

1. How did you get your band name?
*disregard

2. How did this band get started?
I was playing solo for about a year when i met Thom Hoglen (Upright Bass) at a starbucks show. His brother, Tof Hoglen played Rhodes and was super interested in playing so the three of us travled together for about a year. And we just recently added a mandolin player, Isaac Duncan, about 4 months ago. These guys have all become my best friends and i am so thankful for their time and talent.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, Cat Stevens, Todd Snider, Ryan Adams, and so many more.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Johnny Cash, cause during his time music was so honest.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
"A note in your pocket" cause Caleb Denison has several great licks in it. Not sure how hard it would be to be a five star expert, i have sadly never played the game.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
God, for His love and support of me in spite of all i do. My parents for understanding dreams take time and I would thank all the influences i listed above, they shaped all the music around us.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I miss when an artist could hold someone's attention with just his poetry and a guitar. We have become to fickle. There are too many options, too many channels, too many video games, too many empty things to fill our minds with.

10. Memorable tour experience?
I played at this church one time with my friends Scott and Kevin. I was hanging out with Scott and had to go to the bathroom so he instantly texts Kevin and tells him to hide in the closet of this tiny bathroom where they stored the toilet paper. Well, right before i got into the bathroom an elderly fellow cut in front of me. Kevin was stuck in the closet of the bathroom with that guy for 15 minutes. Wow.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
I think its a cool way for people to learn and talk about bands they are into.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Like a bear", it means to most to me lyrically. I spent a lot of time getting the words just the way i wanted them.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
South Padre Island , Texas . I just got back from there with my whole family. I mostly love it cause its an island, but it is also a part of Texas , which in my opinion is the land of milk and honey.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Neil Young, my dad always played his records for my brother and i.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
It would be nice to be able to make people throw up on command. That way if anyone was being mean, or acting too cool you could just make them throw up in front of people.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
No no no.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I was in show choir in high school.

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Arbor Day. When i was in fifth grade i got a cypress tree to take home and plant. I nurtured that thing for three years then my dad hit it with the mower. So it goes.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I love to learn about people, hear their stories. There is so much to learn. I am too quick to judge people before i know them. I am working on it : )

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I'm pretty good at eating sunflower seeds.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3.
06:51 PM on 05/28/10
Mikeallover
User Info.
Love your songs dude. keep em coming
09:21 AM on 05/29/10
ImARealBoy
User Info.
Great music, awesome dude. Keep up the good work.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS