Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 57
12:28 PM on 09/20/06
guitarpunk411
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It was obviously Tom that was the cause. I'm not blind but I can clearly see that over the last 5 years Mark and Travis haven't changed that bit. It's Tom that has gone off the deep end. He sounds, looks, and acts totally different. While Mark and Tom are trying to stay true to themselves, it's Tom who's trying to act like he's God and running through fields, flailing his arms in music videos and acting like it's the most artistic thing ever. Tom has done an absolute 180 in the last few years. And as a Blink fan, it sucks.

amen brother
12:31 PM on 09/20/06
waggy
nailed your mom
User Info.

i'm not sure how you missed it, but tom has spoken at length about blink's break up in several interviews, and was doing so long before mark or travis said a word about it.
12:34 PM on 09/20/06
1Roth4
.and the family telephone
User Info.
i'm not sure how you missed it, but tom has spoken at length about blink's break up in several interviews, and was doing so long before mark or travis said a word about it.

im pretty sure tates interview of mark was the first we heard of what were the events that lead to the break up. Tom would never go into that detail... but if you think he did.. please source your findings
12:34 PM on 09/20/06
Nolessthanblink
Are you watching closely?
User Info.
I think that there's some truth to both sides. But since it's Mark and Travis... it seems like in the ending days, Tom could have been off on his own while Mark and Travis hung out and shit... that wouldn't be healthy for a band to continue on... and like I've said before... this was one of the saddest things in my life... I was crushed, but now I've learned to look at it in a different light... from the demise of one AWESOME band, we get two great bands... the same thing happened with TBS...
12:55 PM on 09/20/06
TxRepresent
CCCP
User Info.
In other Plus 44 news: the tunes that will make up the album are "Lycanthrope," "Baby Come On," "Little Death," "155," "Lillian," "Cliff Diving," "Weatherman," "No It Isn't," "Make You Smile," "Chapter 13," an electro-instrumental dubbed "Interlude" and the title track, which the band shot a video for earlier this month with director Liz Friedlander.

way to pretty much rip off a fear song name.
12:56 PM on 09/20/06
waggy
nailed your mom
User Info.
im pretty sure tates interview of mark was the first we heard of what were the events that lead to the break up. Tom would never go into that detail... but if you think he did.. please source your findings

http://www.aliens-exist.net/sub_page...rviews_04.html

long story short, tom has always maintained that the break-up was a result of his wanting to take time off from touring to be a father and a husband and the other 2 members refusing. something mark and travis have not denied, but painted in a very unflattering light.
01:30 PM on 09/20/06
a speedo model
an enthusiast
User Info.
that sucks.
01:47 PM on 09/20/06
werealldudes19
I'm best known for failure
User Info.

long story short, tom has always maintained that the break-up was a result of his wanting to take time off from touring to be a father and a husband and the other 2 members refusing. something mark and travis have not denied, but painted in a very unflattering light.

thats shit.
why is there an angels and airwaves then. he wanted attention for himself and he got it. now he has a terrible band.
01:54 PM on 09/20/06
werealldudes19
I'm best known for failure
User Info.
also, i just read this, it changes my opinion on tom not one bit
hes the reason they broke up
02:40 PM on 09/20/06
1Roth4
.and the family telephone
User Info.

he seems pretty sane in that.

My whole point was simply that he never said a bad thing about them. He didnt trash talk them, nor did he resent any decissions he had made. He had an optamistic undertone. This is the difference between good press and bad press.

Travis and Mark have not been nice toward Tom. They resent him leaving, they resent his band.

I wish they could just sit down and talk and we could have Blink back.

Thats all I really want
02:54 PM on 09/20/06
TheAtticusFinch
from Murray Hewitt Productions
User Info.
well all i can say is that that article was written in October of last year, before either record came out. I didn't know Plus-44 was formed before blink ended. During Mark's interview he said that he was selling his shares in Atticus and MacBeth, so I guess there goes Tom's thoughts that that would bring them back together. It's now September of 2006 and blink ended in the beginning of 2005, so I think it's safe to say that blink-182 is dead. I loved this band more than any band I had ever heard before, and I've damn sure liked them the longest. like others, i felt like Tom was a huge role-model for me all through high school and it helped make me who i am today. i watched the Urethra Chronicles 2 today and it still makes me think "damn it'd be so cool to be like them." since blink ended, i feel like a part of me is gone and it looks as though it always will be. I'll still support both Angels & Airwaves and Plus-44 when they drop their record. you can blame Tom, you can blame Travis and Mark but it really doesnt mean a fucking thing in the end because it's over and it's probably never going to be fixed, at least not anytime soon. besides, how many of us can say that they've never had a falling out with a close friend? and that they haven't talked to that friend since? Mark and Tom's friendship ended and it took a band with them. the end.
02:58 PM on 09/20/06
dukeboy1986
...is well Heeled!
User Info.
I'm wondering what the CD is going to be like.
03:00 PM on 09/20/06
Jason Tate
User Info.
I hope tom likes life under the bus **tumble tumble**

Heart Stops Beat could possibly be the record to knock "Panic! at the we got our carers handed to us" out

Post of the thread? Haha. I laughed quite hard at that.
03:01 PM on 09/20/06
Jason Tate
User Info.
way to pretty much rip off a fear song name.

Uh. It means werewolf, doesn't it?
03:02 PM on 09/20/06
Jason Tate
User Info.

I guess for me its hard to hear the "family/father" card when he's out on tours/promo for another band.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos