AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
All the Right Moves - The Monster I've Become EP Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 8.25
Musicianship 8.5
Lyrics 7
Production 8
Creativity 8.5
Lasting Value 7.25
Reviewer Tilt 8.25
Final Verdict: 80%
Member Ratings
Vocals 8.25
Musicianship 8.5
Lyrics 6.5
Production 7.42
Creativity 7.83
Lasting Value 7.33
Reviewer Tilt 7.33
Average: 76%
Inside AP.net

All the Right Moves - The Monster I've Become EP

Reviewed by: aradiantsunrise (06/05/10)
All the Right Moves - The Monster I've Become EP
Record Label: Unsigned
Release Date: June 10, 2010

Who?

All the Right Moves are a five piece piano rock/powerpop band from Minneapolis, Minnesota. Not just your typical piano rock/powerpop band, they like think outside of the box when it comes to their music and they even have a violinist to add to the sound that makes All the Right Moves stand out among other bands in the overcrowded genre. Need proof? Just give their newest EP The Monster I've Become a listen and find out for yourself.

How is it?

The Monster I've Become contains six tracks, each one with a different sound to it. Some dancey stuff, some quirky tunes, some piano driven ballads. Opener ''Point of View'' displays the band's sugary powerpop sound with the violin making an appearance instantly whilst the two vocalists sing their carefree, catchy lyrics to the listener. ''You Always Bring Me Down'' is a song you might think was taken from a musical, possibly a classic from the 40s or 50s (I honestly couldn't tell you, but that's the vibe I'm getting) that will end up having you sing along with a smile on your face. Tracks like ''Hurricane'' and the EP's closer ''Learn to Love Again'' are pretty piano ballads with soft singing and heartfelt relatable lyrics. ''Learn to Love Again'' seems to be about the obstacles life throws at you and trying to stay positive through them while turning bad times into good times.

There's no doubt in my mind that this band is destined to do great things in the future, their self-titled debut EP had sold over 10, 000 copies between 2008 and 2009, so they are definitely doing something right. All the Right Moves are in it for all the right reasons and it would be a damn shame if they continued making music without a decent label to support them and help them gain even more success. The Monster I've Become is indeed a monster (Think the fun Monsters Inc. ones, not the big ugly scary ones) and it will be sure to dominate my iTunes with all the plays it will be getting. Add this diamond in the rough to your collection and tell all your friends about it so it could dominate their iTunes plays as well, and then together we can spread the All the Right Moves love to the masses!

Recommended If You LikeThe poppier/violin heavy side of Yellowcard, Valencia, The Cab, Capital Lights, getting down with your bad self

Myspace

Displaying posts 1 - 4 of 4
10:27 PM on 06/14/10
KeytotheMidway
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I dig this band.
10:00 AM on 11/01/10
highlikeshwayze
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
jamestown story, sing it loud, take cover and all the right moves.?????
keeep it coming minnesota
02:05 AM on 10/28/11
kurtdaniel
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love those piano driven ballads!! It inspires me to learn how to play piano Keep it up guys!! :)
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums