AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Eightfold Path - 06.11.10

Eightfold Path - 06.11.10

Interviewed by
Eightfold Path - 06.11.10The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Eightfold Path

http://www.myspace.com/eightfoldpathofficial

1. How did you get your band name?
The "Noble Eightfold Path" is the name given to one the principal teachings of the Buddha. It's a way to eradicate hatred, greed and delusion also known as the "Middle way".

2. How did this band get started?
The band started as a solo project. I wanted to mix buddhist influenced lyrics with hardcore punk music. I recorded our first demo, "Noble Trut", all by myself : I did every instruments and produced it alone. Then I asked some friends to join the band as live musicians !

3. What bands are you influenced by?
I've been mostly influenced by Have Heart, but there's actually a lot of bands that influenced me too. Let's say, More Than Life, Champion, Youth of Today, Verse, Terror, Your Demise, Reign Supreme...
and a lot more !

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Mh. Youth of Today, for sure! Eightfold Path is a vegan straight edge band. And this band is like... where it all began.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
An elephant, because they're the biggest mammals on earth... and they don't have to eat meat for that. So it kinda symbolises our pride of being vegan.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because hardcore bands nowadays are always using the same themes in their lyrics. Because people may be fed up with negative lyrics. Every bands today play the same stuff. Our music may not be different ; but we have new things to say !

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
We would decline politely this offer. We're not aiming for fame!

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
I would thank every people that works hard for trying to make this world better every day.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I would make all bands records free to download. If you'd like to support a band, then go to a show and buy a shirt! It's the best way to help them, to me.

10. Memorable tour experience?
Unfortunately I've no tour experience! haha.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It's one of the most known website for punk-related music. And it seems its one the best ever!

12. What is your favorite song to play?
Middle Way, without any hesitation!

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
A peaceful lake in a peaceful forest, as easy as it seems!

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Eminem, cause my sister used to listen to him all the time. It's still one of the best artists alive, to me.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The super power to be able to release the animals for slaughterhouses and laboratories... We don't need a super power for that, but it would be faster.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
To me, a band that has "made it" is a band that stay true to what it fights for. So, yeah.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I'm not a narrow-minded hardcore kid that just listen to noisy stuff. I also enjoy rap music, classical, folk.. almost everything, actually!

18. What's your favorite holiday?
I don't have any. Each one has its good sides...

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Keep myself aware of what's happening in the world. Medidate. And of course, compose, compose, compose.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Altruism is the only talent we really need. And I'm trying every day to improve mine!

Displaying posts 1 - 4 of 4
12:00 AM on 06/18/10
Murderbeard
User Info.
wut
11:16 AM on 06/18/10
shimmyshakes
Registered Member
User Info.
Interesting band name.
08:36 PM on 06/20/10
alanneri83ktr