Username
Password

12:26 AM on 01/29/11 
User Info.
xkhiemster
xkhiemster.wordpress.com
Sun Valley, CA
Male - 22 Years Old
Agreed. I need some Dean and Castiel action... Not the kind ya'll are thinking of... Dirty minded people. :D

wai-wha-hey, you thought of it first. that's evil.
08:52 AM on 01/29/11 
User Info.
OnLettingGo
San Antonio, TX /...
Male - 22 Years Old
I just watched Lazarus Rising and saw Castiel for the first time. Mind. Was. Blown. I seriously need to catch up.
10:21 PM on 01/29/11 
User Info.
monstercables13
I am Peanut
Oregon
Female - 23 Years Old
I just watched Lazarus Rising and saw Castiel for the first time. Mind. Was. Blown. I seriously need to catch up.

That episode was amazing. I watched all of season 5 and what's been aired of season 6 too... I'm catching up now...Just finished season 1 a week ago. halfway through season two.
10:06 PM on 02/04/11 
User Info.
xkhiemster
xkhiemster.wordpress.com
Sun Valley, CA
Male - 22 Years Old
had some problems with this episode, most notably that the fight scene was really hard to follow. i really like where this season is going, though, even if it does feel like some of it is being pulled out of the writers' asses. i feel like with some parts of the dialogue, it isn't as good as it used to be. and the last scene with Bobby kind of felt like it rushed through the exposition for the rest of the season.

i really like how they put this scene in the recap in the beginning:
"you're the first vampire, right? where did you come from?"
"well, we all have our mothers."
08:59 AM on 02/06/11 
User Info.
VampiresRevenge
particularly good finder
South Carolina
Female
a couple of days ago imdb listed what is now last night as what should be the air date for the new SPN episode. only a few hours before 9 did i realize from checking the imdb front page as well as tv.com and even the official cw website that they weren't showing the usual friday timeslots Smallville and SPN. maybe they weren't able to get the episode ready in time. even if that were the case, i'm still pissed off.

edit: and now imdb is showing that the episode is scheduled for next friday. this wait is becoming a little too long.
Kind of late, but the reason they repeated Nikita and VD was American Idol. They wanted the people who missed Nikita and VD because they were watching AI to be able to see the episodes. Made me so mad when it disappeared from my guide, but at least they showed it this Friday.
had some problems with this episode, most notably that the fight scene was really hard to follow. i really like where this season is going, though, even if it does feel like some of it is being pulled out of the writers' asses. i feel like with some parts of the dialogue, it isn't as good as it used to be. and the last scene with Bobby kind of felt like it rushed through the exposition for the rest of the season.

i really like how they put this scene in the recap in the beginning:
"you're the first vampire, right? where did you come from?"
"well, we all have our mothers."
Agree about the rushed ending. It feels like they just sort of threw the "Mother of All" thing in at the last minute. Hopefully they'll expand in the next episode.
09:16 AM on 02/06/11 
User Info.
xkhiemster
xkhiemster.wordpress.com
Sun Valley, CA
Male - 22 Years Old
i'd hate to say this, but i think Eric Kripke's departure as the showrunner really affected the show in a negative way. the ideas are as brilliant as ever, but the dialogue is what kills it for me, and some of the execution is just not as spot on as it was before. still, i would love it if they renewed for a seventh season, and that's without seeing the rest of season six yet. the foundation built by the first five seasons was so strong that even if they are stumbling clumsily a bit here and there, as long as they have these amazing characters i'm in. i'm excited thinking about the rest of this season and how they have the mother storyline and the heaven storyline going on at the same time.
11:55 AM on 02/06/11 
User Info.
monstercables13
I am Peanut
Oregon
Female - 23 Years Old
i'd hate to say this, but i think Eric Kripke's departure as the showrunner really affected the show in a negative way. the ideas are as brilliant as ever, but the dialogue is what kills it for me, and some of the execution is just not as spot on as it was before. still, i would love it if they renewed for a seventh season, and that's without seeing the rest of season six yet. the foundation built by the first five seasons was so strong that even if they are stumbling clumsily a bit here and there, as long as they have these amazing characters i'm in. i'm excited thinking about the rest of this season and how they have the mother storyline and the heaven storyline going on at the same time.

Sure, but Kripke wasn't a writer. His leaving shouldn't have anything to do with the writing.
07:15 PM on 02/11/11 
User Info.
VampiresRevenge
particularly good finder
South Carolina
Female
Knew the wall was going to break...
10:27 PM on 02/11/11 
User Info.
xkhiemster
xkhiemster.wordpress.com
Sun Valley, CA
Male - 22 Years Old
so sloppy. especially that last fight scene. i couldn't tell what was happening until after the fact when they showed the guy's head on the floor . they have these great ideas, but the execution just falls flat. so much of the dialogue feels so cliche. and the atmosphere is just not there. what should've been a mysterious and suspenseful episode didn't feel that way at all. there was no feeling of intimidation, not like there was with some other one-shot villains ( the alpha vampire, the truth goddess, and the fairy guy being a few recent examples). it didn't feel like Sam and Dean were really in any trouble.
the first half of the season it's like they're putting in filler here and there so that they end the mid-season with sam getting his soul back . ever since then, it's like they're rushing to get somewhere. right off the bat they introduce the mother of all ? and then the next episode, only the second after sam gets his soul back , the wall breaks ? they could've held on to that plot point for at least one more episode so that it's this dark looming possibility, but now it's already happened. out of the 13 episodes this season i've only liked seven of them, and that seven does not include the latest two. i remember season 5 being way more consistent. up until this point, it definitely feels like this season has taken a step back, a small one, but a step back nonetheless. the rest of the season better step it up a notch. i won't go so far as to say that i'll stop watching if it doesn't, since i'm so attached to these characters and they've been so well-written up to this point, but i already feel like i've stopped looking forward to new episodes quite as excitedly as i used to.
09:16 AM on 02/12/11 
User Info.
VampiresRevenge
particularly good finder
South Carolina
Female
and then the next episode, only the second after sam gets his soul back , the wall breaks ? they could've held on to that plot point for at least one more episode so that it's this dark looming possibility, but now it's already happened.
This bugged me so much. I knew when they mentioned the possibility of the wall breaking that it had to happen, but not the episode immediately after Sam gets his soul back. Maybe they'll build up the suspense by saying that he only "scratched" it or something, since the next episode he isn't drooling all over the place, haha.

And with the "Mother of all" thing being thrown in at the end of the episode before last, they didn't even mention it in the last episode, and it doesn't look like they're going to mention it in the next episode either. But the possessed Impala looks looks like it's going to be pretty sweet.
09:56 AM on 02/12/11 
User Info.
xkhiemster
xkhiemster.wordpress.com
Sun Valley, CA
Male - 22 Years Old
And with the "Mother of all" thing being thrown in at the end of the episode before last, they didn't even mention it in the last episode, and it doesn't look like they're going to mention it in the next episode either.

you broke the first spoiler tag when you quoted me. try fixing that?

they did mention it, actually, in the beginning Dean asked Sam if he found anything, and he said things were "too quiet"
10:00 AM on 02/12/11 
User Info.
VampiresRevenge
particularly good finder
South Carolina
Female
you broke the first spoiler tag when you quoted me. try fixing that?

they did mention it, actually, in the beginning Dean asked Sam if he found anything, and he said things were "too quiet"
Oh, sorry. Didn't even notice it, haha. Fixed.

They did? Must have missed it. I need to watch it again anyway since I was distracted the whole way through. I do wish they would explain it more, though. It's like they threw it in and left us hanging.
07:49 PM on 02/12/11 
User Info.
Protested Hero
Jon
Massachusetts
Male - 25 Years Old
Hopefully they finally get it that the fans just want to see Sam and Dean getting along and hunting shit. That's all we've been asking for since like..the end of Season 2. I hope it continues.
07:16 PM on 02/18/11 
User Info.
VampiresRevenge
particularly good finder
South Carolina
Female
Does this mean the end of Lisa and Ben? *crosses fingers*

Next week's episode looks pretty funny:

Raphael launches an attack on Castiel and his allies, sending a particularly frightening angelic hitman after Balthazar, Sam and Dean. In an effort to protect the brothers, Balthazar sends them to an alternate universe where they are the stars of a TV show called "Supernatural" and they are actors named "Jensen Ackles" and "Jared Padalecki." The brothers are confused when Castiel appears to be a tweet-happy actor named Misha Collins and Sam is married to Ruby.
12:28 AM on 02/19/11 
User Info.
xkhiemster
xkhiemster.wordpress.com
Sun Valley, CA
Male - 22 Years Old
i wish this episode didn't have Lisa and Ben in it. not only do i wish they had handled that part of the episode a little bit differently (i liked the result, but not exactly how they got there), i felt that it took away from the poltergeist plot, which was actually really good. i think that pretty much explains how i feel about the show now: i like where they're going, but i don't like how they're getting there. still, this was my favorite episode since the break.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets