Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 81.
01:09 PM on 06/16/10
coryatlarge
Damn good coffee. And hot!
User Info.
What good is just one string? What good is just one note?! One string sounds fine I guess but why pluck one string when you can STRUM THE GUITAR!!!!!
01:09 PM on 06/16/10
twokidtech
title
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love this album
01:11 PM on 06/16/10
bowl of oranges
-___-
User Info.
My favorite mwY album, hands down. I'm going to listen to this again now. Awesome article.
01:11 PM on 06/16/10
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
User Info.
One of my favourite albums ever. It cemented Aaron Weiss as a lyrical genius. I waited over a month for it to be shipped to the UK. The anticipation was unbelievably great and it did not disappoint. This album ensured that mewithoutYou will always be one of my favourite bands.
01:12 PM on 06/16/10
Cheesus
nope
User Info.
Wonderful read, couldn't agree more. This band is simply set apart.
01:15 PM on 06/16/10
kbi the crowing
dr( )ning the days away
User Info.
I used to strongly dislike this album; now it is my favorite mwY album. I remember listening to it one time while reading the lyrics (something I rarely do) and was pretty blown away. I should actually learn the lyrics at some point.

January 1979 is my least favorite song on the album.
01:15 PM on 06/16/10
deadjean
Tie Me Up! Untie Me!
User Info.
The first time I heard it I thought WTF did I just hear. The second time I heard it, I answered my own question: pure awesomeness.

That was my exact reaction...

My love of this album is matched only by my disappointment for "It's All False...".

I agree. I think all of what made Foxes, and brother sister great was lost in it's all false. It was all about the passion and intensity in aarons vocals and lyrics. That seemed lost to me in the new album.

On a side note, at cornerstone one year, they played catch for us the foxes in its entirety, from front to back, and it was one of the greatest nights of my life...
01:25 PM on 06/16/10
Romancebled
Sleep underground tonight...
User Info.
This is one of my favorite albums ever.
01:29 PM on 06/16/10
MattDennis
(Yeah)
User Info.
I wasn't ready for these guys when I first heard them, which is funny because I loved Aaron's part in "Memphis Will Be Laid to Waste" when Bless the Martyr was released a couple years prior to this. Catch For Us... truly is amazingly unique and creative though. January 1979 and Paper Hanger are all time favorite songs of mine now.
01:34 PM on 06/16/10
lld767
cmon!
User Info.
Amazing album.
01:38 PM on 06/16/10
jonathandanner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
mewithoutYou is one of my favorite bands of all time and they constantly amaze me with everything they put out. This album is, and always will be, one of my favorite albums ever. I couldn't say my favorite song off this album because I don't think one is better than the other. Every song is amazing. True, passionate, redemption stories. If you haven't listened to this band, check them out right now.
01:43 PM on 06/16/10
GeeBee
Tertium Non Datur
User Info.
I agree. I think all of what made Foxes, and brother sister great was lost in it's all false. It was all about the passion and intensity in aarons vocals and lyrics. That seemed lost to me in the new album.

On a side note, at cornerstone one year, they played catch for us the foxes in its entirety, from front to back, and it was one of the greatest nights of my life...

Word. That must've been amazing to see at cornerstone.
01:47 PM on 06/16/10
Formatfun
Format, The, Format, The
User Info.
This was the first album I heard by them, and I liked it instantly. I really dig the vocals from Aaron.
01:56 PM on 06/16/10
SweetThye
esta noche sera mia
User Info.
My favorite mewithoutYou album.... hands down. Such a stellar band. This album is a masterpiece.
02:03 PM on 06/16/10
pleasedontpanic
I believe. Help my unbelief.
User Info.
I remember hearing "Bullet To Binary" on a Tooth and Nail sampler and thinking it was complete and utter trash. Someone said it, but I wasn't ready for them when I was first introduced to their music. "Torches Together" was my second introduction, and honestly it took me a while to understand where they were coming from. However, like most people who come at mwY from a genuine perspective, there is no doubt they will win you over. "Paper Hanger" and "Four Word Letter (pt. 2)" are no doubt two of my favorite songs, and the rest of the album is brilliance and madness all at once. Though they have a shockingly faithful fan base, I still consider them truly underrated and some of the few musical adventurers present in the rock genre. Brother, Sister is definitely my favorite album of theirs, but Catch for us the Foxes truly holds a special place in my heart (as does it's all crazy...).
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests