Username
Password

Album Review
Chambers - Old Love Album Cover

Chambers - Old Love

Reviewed by
Chambers - Old Love
Record Label: Unsigned
Release Date: June 22, 2010 (digital stores only)
Unsigned bands seem to be getting better and better these days, this one is no different. New Jersey's Chambers came as a surprise to me when I first listened to them. Their blend of hardcore and southern rock is a real kick in the teeth. Their guitar shredding metal solos are an excellent addition to their aggressive sound. Frontman Dan Pelic's vocals resemble a shark sinking it's razor sharp, blood thirsty teeth into human flesh, it's absolutely ruthless. You can expect this and more from their destructive new album Old Love.

Drummer Vinnie Fiore beats the hell out of the drums at the beginning of ''Pig'' as some good old dirty southern rock riffs accompany him. Dan Pelic's roaring vocals come into play shortly after, sending chills down the listener's spine throughout the song. You'll be banging your head to this track from start to finish. The album's first single ''Ripper'' features more gritty southern rock inspired riffs, very reminiscent of Every Time I Die this time around. Tracks like ''Notch'' and ''Here's That Song I Wrote About You'' display a more straightforward hardcore sound, angry as hell and in your face.

''Crap Out'' is a surefire headbanging tune containing an exceptional guitar solo (you gotta love 'em!). The song itself sounds like it could have been done by Maylene and the Sons of Disaster, except Chambers does it better. ''Glamour Her'' sounds like a straight up rock and roll song, only with screamed vocals. It's perfect for taking a drive with the windows rolled down while the song is being blasted, or for doing your best air guitar impression, either way it's a win/win.

Chambers continues to bring intensity to the table with ''The Nest''. Dan Pelic's harsh vocals compliment the relentless, pissed off lyrics as well as the bass-heavy breakdown of the song. ''The Nest'' along with Old Love proves that they are just as good as their predecessors of the genre. The album's incredible closer ''Tragedy'' seems to be about being fed up with a former loved one and just ridding them from your life forever. The song is angry, heavy, and simply brutal. The last line of the song has Pelic screaming at the top of his lungs, putting his all into these words: ''I am all you've ever wished for,'' ending the album on a very impressive note.

Once you've finished Old Love, you'll want to go back to the first track and listen to the album all over again to relive the greatness. It's not for everyone though, especially if you have fragile ears. Old Love is loud and massive, like a siren being grounded up into bits and pieces by a wood-chipper in the middle of a gunfight. If you can handle the intensity, Old Love is here to satisfy your every need.

Recommended If You LikeEvery Time I Die, Cancer Bats, A little bit This Is Hell, A little bit Maylene & TSOD, being pissed off

Additional InformationTracklisting:
1. Pig
2. Notch
3. Ripper
4. Old Love
5. Here's That Song I Wrote About You
6. Crap Out
7. Take My Juice
8. Glamour Her
9. Fuck It Out
10. The Nest
11. Tragedy

Members:
Dan Pelic - Vocals
Gregg Kautz - Guitar
John Pinho - Guitar
Jesse Mariani - Bass, Organ
Vinnie Fiore - Drums

Myspace
Purevolume
This review is a user submitted review from aradiantsunrise. You can see all of aradiantsunrise's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 4 of 4
04:34 AM on 06/30/10
LastDaysNJ
User Info.
Awesome review for our boys in Chambers! Good stuff!
12:36 AM on 07/02/10
HometownHero
User Info.
Good review man.
09:07 AM on 07/02/10
Contortionist
The NJ Underground
User Info.
chambers rule!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates