AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Steel Train News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

What a Treat For You Home Bodies

Posted by - 08:45 PM on 06/19/10
Steel Train's new Self Titled album is streaming on their website. What are your thoughts? Is it better than Trampoline?

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 85
08:46 PM on 06/19/10
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Album is a huge improvement from the last. Stellar pop album.
08:46 PM on 06/19/10
Tony Pascarella
User
User Info.
Haven't listened to them much until this album, but I dig this one. Might go check out some of the old stuff because of it.
08:47 PM on 06/19/10
cwhit412
don't ask
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Checked out the leak because of fun. It's not bad, but it's not really my thing. Will probably give it a few more listens.
08:48 PM on 06/19/10
geebee889
Registered Goober
User Info.
I love this album. It's my favorite of the year so far, and it'll be hard to top. I don't want to compare it to Trampoline because they're really two different beasts, and I love them both for different reasons. That's like if I tried to compare Trampoline with Twilight Tales. They're both great, but I can't choose.
08:49 PM on 06/19/10
BensonHedges
Registered Member
User Info.
I'm loving it. The first half of the album has been kicking around for awhile but the second half is entirely new to me and I'm kind of being blown away as we speak. "Children of the 90s" is especially fantastic and "Fall Asleep" is gorgeous. It's a bit of a departure from Trampoline, yet still so them. I'm really impressed and can't wait to hear it live next week.
08:55 PM on 06/19/10
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
I'm loving it. The first half of the album has been kicking around for awhile but the second half is entirely new to me and I'm kind of being blown away as we speak. "Children of the 90s" is especially fantastic and "Fall Asleep" is gorgeous. It's a bit of a departure from Trampoline, yet still so them. I'm really impressed and can't wait to hear it live next week.
Fall Asleep is easily my favorite track. The piano and guitar are perfect.
08:58 PM on 06/19/10
FTeric
Somewhere, something...
User Info.
i don't think i've listened to much of this band since their dtr days, so i'm pretty impressed by this.
09:01 PM on 06/19/10
hulteen!
User Info.
I love this album. It's my favorite of the year so far, and it'll be hard to top. I don't want to compare it to Trampoline because they're really two different beasts, and I love them both for different reasons. That's like if I tried to compare Trampoline with Twilight Tales. They're both great, but I can't choose.
Yes! Absolutely agree, this album is soooo good. Touch me bad
09:02 PM on 06/19/10
geebee889
Registered Goober
User Info.
Yes! Absolutely agree, this album is soooo good. Touch me bad

That's my favorite off the album right now!
09:04 PM on 06/19/10
Cue the Sun
I'm not sad anymore
User Info.
I absolutely love it. Love love love love. Fall Asleep and Bullet are my initial favorites. I don't know if I like this or Trampoline better. I gotta give this album some more time to grow.
09:05 PM on 06/19/10
hydraulicheart
The world is yours, so take it.
User Info.
I have been waiting for at least two years for a mastered recording of "Touch Me Bad" and I cannot get enough of it. Once I get past that song, I'll listen to the rest of the album. Love these dudes.
09:07 PM on 06/19/10
BensonHedges
Registered Member
User Info.
That's my favorite off the album right now!
I actually think I like the version from the Live at Bonnaroo album a liiiittle better.

Can anyone tell me if that's legit bass on "Sog Burning in Hell" or a synth? Cuz if it's bass, I need to shake Evan's hand.
09:08 PM on 06/19/10
ppt4895
I don't know
User Info.
Pure genius
09:10 PM on 06/19/10
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
Will give this a listen soon.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News