AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Kopek - 06.23.10

Kopek - 06.23.10

Interviewed by
Kopek - 06.23.10The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Kopek
website | myspace

Hi, how’s it going? I’m Brad from Kopek…..Our debut CD comes out digitally on June 29 on Religion Music via SIN-SonyMusic… please check it out..... you can hear clips from it here: http://soundcloud.com/kopek/sets/white-collar-lies.

1. How did you get your band name?
We were looking for a name that could describe the band's sound for a while and were having a tough time finding something we could all agree on. We all knew it had to relate to the music and the band alone. Shane suggested the name KOPEK and it kind of stuck ever since. So we gotta give Shane the credit for that one.

2. How did this band get started?
It all started one lazy ass summer, me and Shane were next door neighbors and we were really starting to get into bands like AC/DC and Zeppelin. We were completely blown away by these bands and we knew that being in a rock and roll band was the lifestyle choice for us. We got a shitty drum kit, crappy bass and amp and rehearsed our asses for the summer. We knew we needed a singer/guitarist, so we put an advert in a local rock magazine and that's how we got Dan.... first reply, too, no shit. And the rest I hope will be rock and roll history.

3. What were your band's influences?
Shit, so many bands to choose from. The bands that really influenced us were groups like The Stones, Zeppelin, AC/DC & Nirvana ...the list could go on. It's really simple with us, as long as the music has balls and is honest we will love it. That is the inspiration and what gets us out of bed in the morning (except Shane, he is not a morning lazy fuck).

4. If you could tour with any bands past or present, who would you and why?
I would love to go out on the road with Them Crooked Vultures, those dudes are fucking legends. We would set the crowd up for them and they could knock them down. Also just for shits and kicks, I wouldn't mind going out on the road with Gun n Roses back in their hay day of course, when it was all about excess and self destruction. Iggy Pop would be a lot of fun as well. They don't make them like they used to.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
It would have to be a Mogwai ........... Don’t get me wet or feed me after midnight……

6. Why should people listen to your band?
We are the breath of fresh air in Rock N Roll that you need. Rock N Roll needs a kick in the ass and we are the band to do it.
Come join in the revolution, you won't be disappointed.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/ Rock Band, what song would you want to be in the game? How hard do you think it would be on five star on expert?
The track would have to be "Bigger Than Us All' because it's a hard song to play. In general it’s safe to say that all KOPEK members suck on Guitar hero, which is why we rehearse a lot. I am pretty sure it would be difficult to play on expert, so I think we will leave it up to all the professional gamers out there.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
We would firstly be thanking the label we are signed with (Religion Music via SIN-SonyMusic), for having the balls to get behind this band and having the vision to see it through to the end, this is a rare thing these days. Our co producer Glenn Herlihy, Tom Lord Alge and Ted Jensen for their genius work. Then I suppose thanking our friends and family for putting up with all our shit over the years. And last, but not least, our beautiful fans. We love you all. I can feel the tears in my eyes already, God bless you all. This Grammy is for you!

9. If you change something about the industry, what would it be?

There's a lot of stuff that that needs to be changed about the music industry at the moment. I think if I could change something, it would be to get the major labels to start taking chances again and sign some new talent. There are not enough new bands getting backed these days. I really do think that rock music is suffering because of this. Everyone is waiting for the next “big thing” to come along but it’s getting really hard for new rock music to get out to the main stream. And that sucks, rant over............

10. Memorable tour experience?
I think the most memorable experience for us would have been the time we spent playing in snowboard bars in Switzerland. We woke up to the sight of the Alps every morning, spent the days on the slopes and the evenings in the bars playing shows. Great experience and would love to do it again. Maybe next time we will be able to stay up on the board!!! We had few close calls and when my ankles touched the back of my head we decided to call it a day.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Being from Ireland we have only recently been turned on to Ap.net. We all agree that it’s a great place to check out new music that you may not ordinarily have come across. It's a really cool and well-put- together site. The interviews and reviews are really well done. An excellent place for finding new bands and artists.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
It has to be a song called "Bring It On Home”, it’s an absolute banging track live. Every show we have played it goes down a fucking storm, blowing peoples minds. It always gets the moshing going, which we love. It’s our secret weapon at gigs. We have started to nick name the song the "FACE MELTER" because it does just that. Come to our shows and feel the Face Melt.

13. What is your favorite vacation spot?
Thailand, its a favorite with the whole band. If you can make it to the Full Moon Party in Koh Phangan order yourself a "bucket" (bottle of whiskey some red bull and a can of coke with some ice in a bucket) and let the good times roll.

14. What reminds you of your childhood?
Guns n Roses, ACDC, Moterhead, U2 (compulsory for us Irish) ........... aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh..........God bless the 80's. Oh, and a HELL of a lot of Michael Jackson............................ ...well, it was the 80's.

15. If you could have any super power what would it be? Why?
It has to be able to fly, NO MORE DELAYS

16. Do you feel that the band has "made it"?
Hell no. I know that we will have made it when one of the members has checked into rehab for the 4th time, and the other member is leaving his 3rd wife. Meanwhile member number 3 is in India learning carpentry trying to find himself. Then we’ve made it!!

17. What is something most fans don’t know about you?
The band recorded the album in around seven months. It was recorded it in our producers house, nicknamed “Wayne Manor”. Also during the recording process, we had a strict diet of Chinese food, Burger King, Macky D’s and whatever deep fried delights you could imagine. We are all still in fat camp at the present moment working off those few extra pounds.

18. What’s your favorite holiday?
Any without my 2 other band mates.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Long walks, soft lighting, open fires, hand holding in the moonlight… LOL yeah right........................To be honest, we're a band that actually loves music; so, if we're not playing music, we're listening to music, getting into fights about music, and doing the usual musician stuff.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I do a great Chewbacca impression. Whaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr! ……..See, I told you.

Displaying posts 1 - 4 of 4
08:45 AM on 06/29/10
mattyb8987
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I liked "Love is Dead" and "Cocaine Chest Pains" so much! They have such a rock n roll-y feeling, I LOVE IT! Their album came out today and I got the whole album off of tunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/whi...es/id377990764

LOVE THIS BAND!!!
01:54 PM on 10/27/10
shocksanni
User Info.
Gotta love these guys! Plus, i just saw their new SAW inspired music video "Cocaine Chest Pains" at Shockhound.com, it was awesome!
Here... http://tinyurl.com/29exel9
12:07 AM on 08/28/11
Prince99
User Info.
They rock my world "Love is Dead" and "Cocaine Chest Pains" are in my mp3 and I always listened even they made limited songs.

Mortgage Jacksonville FL

Mortgage FL

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests