AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview
Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.
Inside AP.net

Danger Is My Middle Name - 06.29.10

Interviewed by: Keagan Ilvonen (06/28/10)
The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Danger Is My Middle Name

www.dimmn.com
www.twitter.com/dimmn
www.facebook.com/dimmnrock
www.myspace.com/dimmn

1. How did you get your band name?
Craig was watching "Austin Powers" one night and called me up the next day to suggest "Danger Is My Middle Name". I said, "Dude, that's way too long. It's not gonna catch on." But we had a show the next day so we used it, and sure enough, it stuck.

2. How did this band get started?
Craig and I were in a band called Witroy and when we broke up, we started Danger. I think it was even a week or two after Witroy broke up. We weren't ready to call it quits just yet. Then we found Bill on Myspace, and the rest, as they say, is history.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
We're influenced by every sort of band you could think of. the obvious ones, like Blink 182, Weezer, Alkaline Trio, and so on. But we all grew up listening to older stuff, like the Rolling Stones, Simon and Garfunkel, Jim Croce, the Eagles, you know, that kind of stuff.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
For me, the dream lineup for a tour would be us, Metallica, Blink 182, and the Foo Fighters. Not only do I love all of those band's music, but I feel like they'd be cool guys to hang out with, and that's the key to making it through a tour, having cool dudes to hang with. ...A lot of alcohol would be consumed on that tour. ...a LOT .

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Well, I AM a furry. and I usually go as a bunny. Other than the obvious reasons, I like the whole idea of having long ears.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because our songs are pretty catchy, but most of all because they're really fun songs, and that's what music is supposed to be about, having fun.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Definitely our song "Sidecar One". It'd be impossible to beat on expert because there are some guitar parts that even I can't play.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Every other nominee that we beat, for making really crappy songs! hahaha

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
The idea that everything has to conform to whichever trend is popular at the time. There are so many amazing bands that I see that aren't getting the attention they deserve just because they're not dance-rock bands.

10. Memorable tour experience?
I remember one night on tour, we didn't have enough money to get a hotel, so we slept in the van. Only thing was that it was February and about 20 degrees out. I was in the same clothes that I played the show in, plus a hoodie, jacket, and a beanie, with my shoes on. All the while I was zipped up in my sleeping bag, and I still couldn't feel my extremities. It was bad.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AP.net means a way to introduce our band and our music to people who haven't heard us before. It also introduces ME to new, awesome bands that I haven't heard before. And not just their music. AP.net lets you see who the bands actually are, and doesn't just give one pic and a link. You actually know what the bands are up to and you have access to all their music.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
My favorite song to play is ever changing, but lately my favorite one has been our new song, "Here We Go". It's super simple to play, but it pounds!

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Back home, in good ole Minneapolis .

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Simon and Garfunkel, and old singer/songwriter stuff my dad used to listen to on the stereo. I used to dig through my dad's old record collection when he wasn't looking and listen to whichever one had the coolest album artwork.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Well, I've been watching "Heroes" on Netflix lately, and I think I'd like to be able to shape shift, because I'd be able to go anywhere and get away with anything.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Oh, hell naw!!! I won't feel we've "made it" until our walls are filled with hardware and we're using $20s as toilet paper.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I have webbed toes!

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Christmas is by far my favorite holiday. you get to drink egg nog and listen to Bing Crosby.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
In my spare time I'm glued to my PS3. If i'm not kickin' butt in Call of Duty, I'm streaming shoes and movies to watch. I love technology.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can paint a pretty cool landscape oil painting. I don't think a lot of people know that. ...I have my good friend Bob Ross to thank for that.

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8.
11:17 PM on 06/28/10
PengusNiugnep
I slept right through the good part
User Info.
Seeing the word furry makes me cringe because it makes me think of 4chan furries.
07:09 AM on 06/29/10
Coverbydesign
User Info.
huh that's weird I though these dudes where from Chicago
07:45 AM on 06/29/10
sammyboy516
User Info.
awesome band.
12:40 PM on 06/29/10
DoubleAW
The Next Horizon / Eugene
User Info.