Username
Password

11:14 AM on 11/10/06 
User Info.
aminorthreat55
Bunuelito!
Baltimore, Maryland
Male
I seriously have never heard of them. Is hockey their only good sport? I didn't realize they were good.
Basically. One of my former teammates goes there and he was our best player when I was in high school and he doesn't even play.
11:49 AM on 11/10/06 
User Info.
livethesounds
There is no try
San Antonio, TX
Male - 29 Years Old
i dont think any texas schools have hockey...maybe in north texas...
01:42 PM on 11/10/06 
User Info.
Chriz2z
Male - 23 Years Old
I guarantee you once the games go on to Television, this thread will be a lot busier. Last year we filled up two threads on two games. I remember how nuts the Wisconsin/BC game was, that was a great game.
I think I had a post or two in that thread, and I don't even follow hockey.
06:07 PM on 11/10/06 
User Info.
tambo41187
That was a freebie
Buffalo / Boston...
Male - 27 Years Old
the bu unh game is great right now, it was a close game for most of the game, then in the third there were 3 goals in 45 seconds to put unh up one. then bu ties it up 4 minutes later.
06:25 PM on 11/10/06 
User Info.
bigmike
...is "big" and "mike"
Portage, Michigan
Male - 28 Years Old
WMU went to Ohio State last night to play back to back nights there. OSU was up 4-2 and WMU came back to win 8-5 including scoring 6 of the final 7 goals in the game. Nuts.
06:33 PM on 11/10/06 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
arte et labore
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Scores tonight.

Michigan State rapes Ferris St. (6-0)
Boston College beats Merrimack (3-1)
Massachusetts beats Northeastern (2-1)

And right now, ND is beating Bowling Green. Maine is beating UMass Lowell. St. Cloude State is losing to Minnesota.
06:34 PM on 11/10/06 
User Info.
Clarett'sGreyGoose
Tortured Sports Fan
Male - 26 Years Old
I'll keep you all updated on Niagara, since they might be CHA's rep in the NCAA Tournament.

Bemidji State has been picked to win it all, but only because NU's goalie situation was up in the air between junior Scott Mollison and soph Juliano Pagliero. Pags has stepped up big so far this season, and the team is playing well behind their 2 stars--Les Reaney and Ted Cook--also sophomores.
06:36 PM on 11/10/06 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
arte et labore
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
I'll keep you all updated on Niagara, since they might be CHA's rep in the NCAA Tournament.

Bemidji State has been picked to win it all, but only because NU's goalie situation was up in the air between junior Scott Mollison and soph Juliano Pagliero. Pags has stepped up big so far this season, and the team is playing well behind their 2 stars--Les Reaney and Ted Cook--also sophomores.
Bemidji State is losing right now I think.
06:42 PM on 11/10/06 
User Info.
bigmike
...is "big" and "mike"
Portage, Michigan
Male - 28 Years Old
Oh, and they just tied Ohio State tonight, so they went down to Columbus and took 3 of a possible 4 points.

A step in the right direction.
06:46 PM on 11/10/06 
User Info.
Clarett'sGreyGoose
Tortured Sports Fan
Male - 26 Years Old
Bemidji State is losing right now I think.
I just looked some things up Bemidji has shit the bed this year (0-3-1, 0-1-1 after last weekend's series with Niagara). Niagara won last Friday and played to a 2-2 tie on Saturday.

Niagara is 4-5-1 right now, but they gave themselves a tough non-conference schedule. They lost their opener to (ranked) Clarkson, as well as a beatdown from (then-ranked) Nebraska-Omaha, and a loss to UMass-Lowell in the consolation game of the N-O tournament.

...And they have back-to-back series at Denver and against Quinnipiac in January. Yikes.
06:52 PM on 11/10/06 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
arte et labore
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
I just looked some things up Bemidji has shit the bed this year (0-3-1, 0-1-1 after last weekend's series with Niagara). Niagara won last Friday and played to a 2-2 tie on Saturday.

Niagara is 4-5-1 right now, but they gave themselves a tough non-conference schedule. They lost their opener to (ranked) Clarkson, as well as a beatdown from (then-ranked) Nebraska-Omaha, and a loss to UMass-Lowell in the consolation game of the N-O tournament.

...And they have back-to-back series at Denver and against Quinnipiac in January. Yikes.
Wow. Bemidji is 3-4-1, that's pretty bad considering they were predicted to go all the way hahaha
06:54 PM on 11/10/06 
User Info.
bigmike
...is "big" and "mike"
Portage, Michigan
Male - 28 Years Old

They just got a proposal approved to start building a new, state of the art arena sometime soon. So that should help. They're a solid program, despite the early struggles (which can get turned around come conference play). I fully expect them to rebound by December.
07:18 PM on 11/10/06 
User Info.
Clarett'sGreyGoose
Tortured Sports Fan
Male - 26 Years Old
They just got a proposal approved to start building a new, state of the art arena sometime soon. So that should help. They're a solid program, despite the early struggles (which can get turned around come conference play). I fully expect them to rebound by December.
The guy who funded Niagara's hockey complex (something Dwyer-hence Dwyer Arena) is considering dropping another $2 million to improve the facility, because when NU got shut down from joining the bigger conferences, they cited the arena as the major reason why.

So they want to put in new seats (they have aluminum stadium chairs right now), some VIP boxes, and a good sound system, as well as a possibly a new scoreboard, and seating behind the one end of the rink (currently there's only seating on one side of the rink)
07:31 PM on 11/10/06 
User Info.
bigmike
...is "big" and "mike"
Portage, Michigan
Male - 28 Years Old
The guy who funded Niagara's hockey complex (something Dwyer-hence Dwyer Arena) is considering dropping another $2 million to improve the facility, because when NU got shut down from joining the bigger conferences, they cited the arena as the major reason why.

So they want to put in new seats (they have aluminum stadium chairs right now), some VIP boxes, and a good sound system, as well as a possibly a new scoreboard, and seating behind the one end of the rink (currently there's only seating on one side of the rink)
Yeah, definitely. I'm grateful that WMU was in the CCHA before that whole up-to-date-rink thing became so big because WMU's rink, though not as bad as Ferris State (which looks like a public rink...) is pretty... lackluster.

http://www.wmubroncos.com/PhotoAlbum...&PAL BID=1508

That's WMU's rink.
07:37 PM on 11/10/06 
User Info.
Clarett'sGreyGoose
Tortured Sports Fan
Male - 26 Years Old

Dwyer's foyer

View from the stands side of the rink

Supposedly they already added plastic seats in place of the aluminum ones (after the 04-05 season), so their next phase of expansion would be to add seats behind the net.

I haven't been to a game there in awhile, because it was such a shitty place to watch hockey.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos