Username
Password

04:32 PM on 07/20/12 
User Info.
xkhiemster
xkhiemster.wordpress.com
Sun Valley, CA
Male - 22 Years Old
trying out karma against intermediate bots and i was put on a team full of idiots. and i mean 2/11 teemo and 2/17 fiora, and a 1/8 garen who left midgame cause he had to go to work. i'm now close to being confident enough to try karma in normals, but dammit, winning against bots would've been nice.

tried karma pvp. i was put on a team of idiots who weren't worth supporting. my lane partner was making stupid decisions and i kept following him around, then when i realized how much of an idiot he was, i started following other people around, but of course they were already feeding, so whenever they were about to die i would try to save them, watch them die, then die. wow. riot matchmaking system be trolling the shit out of me with this champ. gave up fifteen minutes in and just ran into the enemy team without casting anything. and again. and again. boy do i hope no one reported me for intentionally feeding.

i can't carry a team as a support. i'm not ready for ranked. i need to play a badass darius or something to get to a high elo (lvl1 penta anyone?), support is the worst role for ranked. lucky me.

okay, so i just went 2/5/22 with karma and won. and now i'm level 30. i don't think i'll go into ranked right away, though. i think i want to get more runes to specialize for different builds, and get some more champs, like i've been wanting to try blitzcrank and leona, maybe even lulu.
03:21 PM on 07/21/12 
User Info.
xkhiemster
xkhiemster.wordpress.com
Sun Valley, CA
Male - 22 Years Old
guys, what is the likelihood that i'll lose all ten of my placement matches in ranked? because i think it's happening. already 0/3. if i go 0/10 that'll be epic and i'll just go back to playing normals until i get tired of the game.
09:24 AM on 07/22/12 
User Info.
xkhiemster
xkhiemster.wordpress.com
Sun Valley, CA
Male - 22 Years Old
let's make a ranked team of ap-ers. (with 9 matches my solo elo is already abysmal.)
12:03 AM on 07/24/12 
User Info.
xkhiemster
xkhiemster.wordpress.com
Sun Valley, CA
Male - 22 Years Old
people in ranked are so mean. every mistake it's like omg so noob you suck fuck you i hate you gtfo surrender elo hell sucks ugh this elo god terrible night. lower 900s. one bad team after another. why do my average stats look like 1/3/20 in normals but 0/3/3 in ranked? seriously? how can i get assists if no one's killing anything? how do i stay alive when everyone else is feeding? how do i keep playing at my best when every stupid adc i lane with harshly blames me for their mistakes? how do i do well when even the other team says my lane partner was a nightmare? sure, i make mistakes, so does everyone, but i tend to make more and not care as much when i see the word noob being thrown around every two seconds, half the time at me for shit that isn't my fault. people who play ranked need to chill, being uptight about everything isn't how to win games. even if your team genuinely sucks, you should at least keep a positive atmosphere about it. i want to leave after five minutes into every game. the games are becoming less and less enjoyable. i don't care too much about where my elo ends up, i just want to go through that long process to eventually reach that point where i'm winning 50% of my games and being matched with people who are just as skilled as me. it's the people i play with that are ruining everything. i think i should stop. how do you play a thousand matches with this shit? my faith in the human race is plummeting so fast because people can't be polite in a team game.

one of my five wins out of 17 matches was against a shen cause my idiot first pick didn't ban the bastard. shen went legendary in like ten minutes. and we ended up winning. apparently he had a fucktard team. sooo much of this is based on luck of the draw who you get matched with/against it's fucking stupid. the ladder doesn't fucking work.
01:10 AM on 07/24/12 
User Info.
marchofmarty
SPINE, THIGH, AND BREAST
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
yeah that was exactly how I felt when I started playing ranked, and I play support as well so I definitely know what you're going through.

once my friend got to 30 who plays AD carry we would just queue together and do the whole "we're bottom lane or we're feeding" thing and would play Cait / Soraka and were able to win a fair share of games that way since we were basically guaranteed to win our lane. I won't play support if I am queuing by myself since you end up at the mercy of some random idiot who is your AD carry. but then you get supports who won't buy wards since their mobafire guide only has them getting two at the start, or the supports who play characters like Karma, Teemo, or Nidalee because Riot has them listed as a support character....
08:21 AM on 07/24/12 
User Info.
Regards
The Silver Shore
Wisconsin
Male - 25 Years Old
people in ranked are so mean. every mistake it's like omg so noob you suck fuck you i hate you gtfo surrender elo hell sucks ugh this elo god terrible night. lower 900s. one bad team after another. why do my average stats look like 1/3/20 in normals but 0/3/3 in ranked? seriously? how can i get assists if no one's killing anything? how do i stay alive when everyone else is feeding? how do i keep playing at my best when every stupid adc i lane with harshly blames me for their mistakes? how do i do well when even the other team says my lane partner was a nightmare? sure, i make mistakes, so does everyone, but i tend to make more and not care as much when i see the word noob being thrown around every two seconds, half the time at me for shit that isn't my fault. people who play ranked need to chill, being uptight about everything isn't how to win games. even if your team genuinely sucks, you should at least keep a positive atmosphere about it. i want to leave after five minutes into every game. the games are becoming less and less enjoyable. i don't care too much about where my elo ends up, i just want to go through that long process to eventually reach that point where i'm winning 50% of my games and being matched with people who are just as skilled as me. it's the people i play with that are ruining everything. i think i should stop. how do you play a thousand matches with this shit? my faith in the human race is plummeting so fast because people can't be polite in a team game.

one of my five wins out of 17 matches was against a shen cause my idiot first pick didn't ban the bastard. shen went legendary in like ten minutes. and we ended up winning. apparently he had a fucktard team. sooo much of this is based on luck of the draw who you get matched with/against it's fucking stupid. the ladder doesn't fucking work.

I think you need to step away from ranked and do a little more digging into the game. I don't mean this in a rude way, but your knowledge of the game is little, and it's a bit flawed. Going into ranked, the general rule of thumb is to be able to play at least 2 of every "role" being top, mid, ad carry, support, and jungle. You should main something, but if you're last pick you need to fill in where it's needed. The next thing you need to do is get the mentality of "it's everyone else's fault" out of your mind. I used to have this all the time too, and it landed me at 800's for ELO in season 1. Now I take the time to think about the previous game and realize what I could have done better. A great practice is to watch your replays and see what your could have done better. http://www.leaguereplays.com/ <--- Download that and it will auto record your replays.

Again, I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just saying that I've been there and I think that you could have a much better time if you did those couple of things, and always remember, it's just a game
07:59 AM on 07/25/12 
User Info.
Regards
The Silver Shore
Wisconsin
Male - 25 Years Old
Man, after reading this article, I really want to try out Darius jungle.
09:25 AM on 07/30/12 
User Info.
xkhiemster
xkhiemster.wordpress.com
Sun Valley, CA
Male - 22 Years Old
how do you guys feel about support kayle? i just went 1/4/23 (stats highly situational, i'm sure) with philo's (ended game with 2k gold, would've built shurelya's had we not won), kage's, mercury's, rylai's (splash slow), zeke's (had cait, darius, and jax on my team), and a shit-ton of wards. i can see the potential in ad kayle, but i play support and i get complimented for using my ult right and all that, so i don't see why not.
01:54 PM on 07/30/12 
User Info.
abandonship
my lazy bones ache for a tearing
Utah
Male
Support Kayle is fine, but is outclassed by the traditional supports for the current "meta". She's more like Ashe, Lux, Yorick, Galio, Gangplank, Fiddlesticks support etc. Fun to play as supports, but very situational or ballsy in which they would be used for a certain team comp.
02:17 PM on 07/30/12 
User Info.
xkhiemster
xkhiemster.wordpress.com
Sun Valley, CA
Male - 22 Years Old
I think you need to step away from ranked and do a little more digging into the game. I don't mean this in a rude way, but your knowledge of the game is little, and it's a bit flawed. Going into ranked, the general rule of thumb is to be able to play at least 2 of every "role" being top, mid, ad carry, support, and jungle. You should main something, but if you're last pick you need to fill in where it's needed. The next thing you need to do is get the mentality of "it's everyone else's fault" out of your mind. I used to have this all the time too, and it landed me at 800's for ELO in season 1. Now I take the time to think about the previous game and realize what I could have done better. A great practice is to watch your replays and see what your could have done better. http://www.leaguereplays.com/ <--- Download that and it will auto record your replays.

Again, I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just saying that I've been there and I think that you could have a much better time if you did those couple of things, and always remember, it's just a game

thanks for the advice, i'm really trying to follow it. i just realized i have quite a few mid champs that i never use anymore, so i was testing out Lux in an intermediate bot game.

this happened.

my team:
me: 2/6/9
jayce: 10/13/7
lulu: 7/14/8
nasus: 2/14/9
tryndamere: 9/5/6

enemy team:
swain: 18/3/7
sion: 1/5/13
ashe: 20/10/5
soraka: 10/7/14
leona: 3/5/21

i know, i made a few mistakes in that game, like not getting as many assists as i would've liked and a few other things, and i know you say i shouldn't always put the blame on others, but that loss can't have been my fault. well, laning was great considering i killed swain once (almost twice) and never died until the team fights started. i should've probably come to help top/bot more in lane phase, but when most of my team ends up with 13-14 deaths, i don't think there's much different i could've done that would've won that game.

i'll keep trying to get better at mid, then maybe adc and the other roles later on. i've never jungled before...

edit: i don't know if i ever want to continue ranked (maybe season 3???) but i do know i want to branch out more, so yeah.
05:53 AM on 08/05/12 
User Info.
spike339
Do You Even Lift?
Staten Island, New...
Male - 24 Years Old
Its a good game, but League really has one of the worst community of players i have ever seen out of any game.
07:36 AM on 08/06/12 
User Info.
bandnamexmyname
&^%^&
Wow, Azubu Blaze is unreal.
09:33 PM on 08/06/12 
User Info.
xkhiemster
xkhiemster.wordpress.com
Sun Valley, CA
Male - 22 Years Old
i've unlocked 20 champs: ali, amumu, ashe, blitz, fiddles, janna, karma, kayle, lux, yi, morg, nunu, ryze, singed, sona, soraka, taric, veigar, ww, and zil. most of these guys have cc and/or sustain and can play a supporting role. so with that in mind, are there any other 1350 ip champs i might be interested in, or should i save up for 3150+?
12:31 PM on 08/08/12 
User Info.
Regards
The Silver Shore
Wisconsin
Male - 25 Years Old
Its a good game, but League really has one of the worst community of players i have ever seen out of any game.
This can be said about any community of players. I know plenty of people who are wonderful and make positive impacts on the game and it's community.
Wow, Azubu Blaze is unreal.
Seriously. MLG Arena may have possibly redefined NA teams and strats. I'm watching old OGN VoD's and they seriously are just so good. It's great to see that the professional side of the game is evolving. Can't wait.
i've unlocked 20 champs: ali, amumu, ashe, blitz, fiddles, janna, karma, kayle, lux, yi, morg, nunu, ryze, singed, sona, soraka, taric, veigar, ww, and zil. most of these guys have cc and/or sustain and can play a supporting role. so with that in mind, are there any other 1350 ip champs i might be interested in, or should i save up for 3150+?

If I were you, I'd just work hard on the champs you already have. If you're 30, get proper rune pages for them.
12:34 PM on 08/08/12 
User Info.
Regards
The Silver Shore
Wisconsin
Male - 25 Years Old
Also getting back to casting this week, Friday night! I haven't casted in almost 2 months due to chaos of life, but the NESL Pro Series is starting back up, so I'll be on Friday night. Not sure who the teams I'm casting are yet, but I'll update when I find out.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets