AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Where The Ocean Meets The Sky - 07.02.10

Where The Ocean Meets The Sky - 07.02.10

Interviewed by
Where The Ocean Meets The Sky - 07.02.10The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Where The Ocean Meets The Sky
myspace.com/wheretheoceanmeetsthesky
facebook.com/wheretheoceanmeetsthesky

1. How did you get your band name?
I thought it up at random, later realizing that it was most likely from listening to Rod Stewart

2. How did this band get started?
Marc and I (Blake) had been in other bands that played together frequently and we started it up about 2 years ago. Through a handful of member changes various friends and such have been brought into the fold to form the band we are today.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Every Time I Die, Bright Eyes, Stray From The Path, Biggie, Taking Back Sunday, La Dispute and a whole host of other bands that I can't think of currently.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Every Time I Die would be my choice, those dudes seem like they know how to have a good time.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Probably a bear but with my burly ass beard I may already look like one.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
We put a ton of heart into what we do and we never stop working to improve our songs. We put out an ep last summer that was well received, and sometime in the next 2 months our new album will be coming out and that blows everything we've ever done out of the water.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Off of our old album, This is how the world ends, or I'm your huckleberry. Off of our newer cd I'd really like to see Delusions of Grandeur or who we are. I feel like it would be really tough on expert, especially delusions and this is how the world ends.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Whoever rigged the awards so a band like us could win. Family, girlfriends, god, and the fans.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I would change overproduction and the whole autotune trend. If you can't sing, don't Also I would love to see a lot more heart and passion in music; feels like some bands are just going through the motions.

10. Memorable tour experience?
Hurricane West Virginia, outdoor show when right after our set an absurd downpour started, we moved the show beneath this canopy picnic table thing and every other band rocked like crazy. The kids were amazing at that show too.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
I've been coming to the site for years; it's a great place to hear about new bands and get the news.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
I love playing our song "Who We Are" in the shower/car I love singing to Ebolarama by Every Time I Die.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
I enjoy lots of historical things, battlefields, etc. I really enjoy haunted attractions as well. One of my favorite places is in New Hampshire on Loon Lake. Sooooooo peaceful.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
pop punk. Green Day, Blink 182, and in my more teen years, Finch and Taking Back Sunday who both shaped the type of music I play today.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Psychic abilities. I could convince people to give me sweet cash so I wouldn't have to work.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Definitely not, but I do feel we are on our way. We are working hard and just putting our music out there as much as possible. You never know who is listening.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
That I really enjoy musical theatre and things of that nature. Everyone assumes that as a big bearded fellow I only eat steak, drink beers, and fight. I do love steak and beer though.

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving. It's fun being with family, the food is wonderful, and I love football.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Watch movies, write, game on xbox (Gamertag is Blake is Legend), hang with friends. The usual stuff.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I feel like I'm relatively funny, also I'm an excellent cook.

Displaying posts 1 - 5 of 5
01:54 PM on 07/08/10
TerrancePryor
twitter.com/terrancepryor
User Info.
Great interview.
02:37 PM on 07/08/10
wakted152
You Know How I Do
User Info.
these guys r really good. im stoaked for their album
04:42 PM on 07/08/10
Theseventhson
User Info.
I enjoy these guys, even though their style isn't my cup o' tea.
10:41 PM on 07/08/10
BlakeRoxNJ
Where the Ocean Meets The Sky
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
thanks guys!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles