|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
I thought it was "run the gambit." Unfortunately, I am an idiot and it is "run the gamut." So I looked up Gambit and it means to "sacrifice upfront to gain advantage later." Works for me. Plus, he's a cool-ass character in X-Men the comic, not so much in the movie.
2. How did this band get started?
Me getting sick of recording instruments. Me learning how to get drum and guitar sounds without having to actually record them. Me realizing there is a whole universe besides drum and guitar sounds. Me likey. Me no need drummers and guitar players.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Oh jeez. What does that even mean. I'd like to think we are Brand New meets Postal Service.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Uhhh. Hmmmm. I wanna say Deftones but just so I can watch them every night. I am pretty sure their audience would hate our tunes though (although I think Chino would). Business wise, we would probably do well to open for Owl City. Gambit is Owl City if it had balls. By balls, I mean testicles.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Beaver. Cause it's delicious.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We are catchy and sincere. Really.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
"This Town" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QddJ6yHak-U). Dude, I dunno man. Kids these days have crazy skills on that sh*t. I'm sure there is a 6 year old Chinese kid that could bang it out in a day or two. I'm sure I don't need to tell you how funny the South Park episode about Guitar Hero was. "I told you he was amazing."
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Ido, my producer. Then my girlfriend, cause she would kill me if I didn't or at least be pissed. Then I would have to deal with that. Much easier just to thank her.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Nothing really. I like the way it is now. Music is way easier to access. Which is good for me cause I am a new music addict. Really. I have a problem. An expensive problem. And that's on top of the music I steal.
10. Memorable tour experience?
The silence right before pee hitting the inside of a bottle. Then the roar of laughter from the other guys, then pee spilling on yourself. Memorable yes. Good, no.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It means I get to answer these questions. I am actually having fun doing this and I think my answers are pretty good. Now it's just a matter of someone reading them at AP. AP, where are you??? Watch the video dude: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QddJ6yHak-U
12. What is your favorite song to play?
It changes a lot. But for some reason I play that Bob Marley song a lot. The one about the pirates.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Not gonna lie. I don't vacation well. I get antsy if I am not working on music. That being said, going to the movies are like mini vacations for me. Sounds lame, but it is true.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Tool. I was scary into that sh*t. I can do a mean Maynard.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Wolverine. Wolverine. Wolverine. Did I mention Wolverine. C'mon man. Why wouldn't you??
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
No, not yet.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I graduated from Cornell and Harvard. I was a national karate champion in High School and I was in a movie with Michael Keaton called "Gung Ho" when I was 10.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Hate holidays. Hate 'em. I can tell you which one I hate the most, Halloween. Hate Christmas too. Bah humbug.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Movies. See "vacation" question.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I don't have any talents really and I am not being modest. I do think I work hard and have a very systematic way of approaching things. I get a kick out of quantifying seemingly qualitative things. That was disgusting I just said that. So I will stop here. Lats, Gambit.
06:19 PM on 07/20/10
Constipated People Don't Giv a Crap
i'll say it again. Favorite X-Men
More From This Author