AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Last Nights Vice - 07.19.10

Last Nights Vice - 07.19.10

Interviewed by
Last Nights Vice - 07.19.10The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Last Nights Vice
http://www.lastnightsvice.com
http://www.facebook.com/lastnightsvice
http://twitter.com/lastnightsvice
http://myspace.com/lastnightsvice

1. How did you get your band name?
We have three different views on that:
Chris: I came up with the name Last Nights Vice. I had last nightís fight in my head and kept saying it to myself. I replaced fight with vice because I felt it fit better. The name stuck.
Andrew G.: One night we were all at a party and I said to my bass player, ďWhereís your vice?Ē He replied, ďNot drinking tonight, I had too many vices last night!Ē That simple conversation is what originated the bandís final name of LAST NIGHTS VICE!
Brandon: We had been a band for three months and still had no name. A lot of names had been tossed around but nothing really hit us. One day we were sitting around band practice and thought the word "vice" itself had a nice ring to it. How we got the "last night's" part of it I canít answer. It just kind of happened.

2. How did this band get started?
Chris, Joe, and Andrew jammed for about 5 months till they developed a certain funk/rock style. Andrew contacted Brandon House, a long time idol of his, and asked him to tryout as a singer. Old friend and former guitarist of Blame Gary, Jordan Phoenix later joined the four.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Chris: I personally am most influenced with bands that have powerful rhythm sections....Rage Against the Machine, Led Zeppelin, Pantera, Red Hot Chili Peppers and funk bands like Tower of Power and P-funk. Glam rock and punk rock, in general, are my two of my rock and roll scenes.
Brandon: I like songs that make me feel good. They evoke a certain emotion or action that I canít really describe, but anyone who is a fan of music knows. It doesnít matter who itís by or what they look like. If it hits me like that, Iím in love.
Andrew G.: Iím influenced by all Pop Punk, Pop, and Reggae music.
Joe: I grew up on Motown and Blues. Was a Punk kid growing up. Now I love to rock.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Chris: I would love to tour with The Used because I know their fans would love us. I would also love to tour with Andrew W.K. because it would be a blast!
Brandon: Green Day.
Andrew G.: If I could tour with any band, it would have to be BLINK 182. They were my biggest influence growing up!
Joe: The Temptations. I had a dream that I was in the group for a while and they kicked me out.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Brandon: I would be a fox. Why? A wise old Indian shaman sat down with me, helped me find my power animal. I thought he was full of shit, but it worked. Itís still probably bullshit, but I swear I saw a fox.
Andrew G.: If I were furry, I would be a skunk because nobody harasses a skunk and I donít like being harassed.
Joe: A Panda. They always stumble around and look like theyíre having fun.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
Brandon: People should listen to our music because...we made it for you. Seriously.
Andrew G.: People should listen to my band because itís fun music with an edge. It will motivate you to get up and have fun. Try listening to it while driving; it will make you speed!
Chris: You wonít find another band like LNV, which is usually a goal of any artist. Our songs are pretty organic. We are a brand of pop rock that you donít have to be embarrassed to listen to, similar to a lot of pop in the 80's.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Brandon: POWER COSMIC. The solo is insane. Itís not even a real solo, its two solos. I doubt we could even play it on expert.
Andrew G.: If I were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, I would want RAGS TO RUINS in the game. Personally these are the most technical drums Iíve ever written for a song. If you listen closely, there are a lot of little things that I do to make the drums interesting. It would be pretty difficult for a 5-star expert but not impossible!
Chris: "Power Cosmic." Interesting lead with creative harmonies to it. Sick guitar solo.
Joe: I think Gin and Tonic. I wrote a lot of the guitar lines last minute. Iím not even sure if I could play it.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Brandon: I would thank the trophy makers, the engravers and the raw material suppliers that provide all the material to make a Grammy. They never get a thank you. Ever.
Andrew G.: If I won a Grammy, I would thank my band, my mom, and the fans!
Chris: My dad, rock influences, and the kids that come out to the show.
Joe: Mom, Dad, Kim.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Brandon: I would make it a tad easier to get your foot in the door, thatís for sure. I just wish people had more faith in their fellow man.
Andrew G.: If I could change something about the music industry, I would change the way that record labels sign bands. Most labels decide solely on the bandís ability to bring fans to a show and not how much talent they have. This industry is based exclusively on what sells.
Chris: No more American Idol. It is the single worst thing that has happened to music, especially pop music.
Joe: I would make it so music was cheaper and more accessible. I feel like artists have gotten that we arenít going to grow up to be millionaires, now labels should figure that out too.

10. Memorable tour experience?
Brandon: Warped Tour 2002, I was sitting out back in Houston. I think and I was having a hot dog, talking to some girls...bit into the hot dog and found part of what I understand to be a human tooth. Strike one. Then the guys in NOFX walk by and stole my girls. Strike two. And the hot dog guy wouldnít give me my money back. Strike three.
Andrew G.: My most memorable tour experience would have to have been our van breaking down in gang territory. Please see me in person to elaborate, it was some scary stuff!!!!
Chris:"The bowl of life." Passing out in someoneís backyard in Kearney, Nebraska.
Joe: I remember playing in Kearney, Nebraska, and a bunch of people showed up singing our songs. I still donít know how they had heard of us.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Brandon: I think itís amazing in a world where music seems to be taking a back seat. Itís nice to have a place to go.
Andrew G.: AP.NET=AWESOMEÖHereís why: Itís a free spirited movement that enables you to deliver your music and character to people who you couldnít reach on your own. They will give the little guys like us the opportunity to do this amazing interview!
Chris: AP is one of, if not the best mediums for bands and punk rock.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
Chris: Right now it is "Gin and Tonic" because it is our newest.
Andrew G.: My favorite song to play is "All I." I especially like the bridge of this song when the music cuts out and leaves the vocals to carry the energy. The crowd loves this too.
Brandon: I canít tell you. It would lose its meaning.
Joe: I put on my dancing shoes for "The Power Cosmic."

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Brandon: Free and fun. Wherever that is.
Andrew G.: My favorite vacation spot is any place that I can rip my shirt off and get sun. I love it when the heat causes my chest to sweat into my chest hairs!
Chris: I enjoy Panama City Beach. I love the insane amount of energy it has as it is a hot spot for youth. I think "The Power Cosmic" pretty much explains PCB Florida in the spring.
Joe: Northwest Michigan.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Brandon: NO JOKE Michael Bolton.
Andrew G.: Old 90ís pop music reminds me of my childhood.
Joe: Blues and folk.
Chris: Glam Rock reminds me of my childhood.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Brandon: Super strength. -
Andrew G.: If I could have any superpower, it would be the ability to fly. Iíve always loved things that can take flight.
Chris: To never have to pee when Iím drinking.
Joe: Iíd like to throw exploding cards like Gambit.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Brandon: HAHAHAHAHAH.....No. Hell no.
Andrew G.: I donít feel that weíve ďmade itĒ at all. Weíve got a lot of work ahead of us before I can safely say this!
Chris: We havenít made it in the sense that it supports us. But in a way, for me, we have made it because there is nothing we put out artistically that all of us arenít crazy about. Our music has touched people and that is what is important.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Brandon: I see the number 222 everyday.
Andrew G.: Something that most fans donít know about me is that I have to smell everything that touches me.
Chris: Iím without question the "earthy" one in the band. I spend a good amount of time reading about the universe and trying to understand how the world works.
Joe: I have a Basset Hound named Dennis.

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Christmas!

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Brandon: Drink. Workout. Workout while drinking. Try various extreme sports whilst having a beverage originating from the dew of mountains.
Andrew G.: In my spare time, I like to jog and fly remote control helicopters.
Chris: I love to exercise.
Joe: I like reading, hockey and computers.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Brandon: I can replicate anyoneís voice. Try me.
Andrew G.: I have the unique ability to juggle fire and perform some mind bending card tricks!
Joe: I pretend like Iím good at break dancing.

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests