AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Dare Of Day, The - Where We Stand Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 7.5
Musicianship 7.5
Lyrics 7.5
Production 6.75
Creativity 7.5
Lasting Value 7.75
Reviewer Tilt 7.75
Final Verdict: 75%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.

Dare Of Day, The - Where We Stand

Reviewed by: DylanPPPP (07/22/10)
Dare Of The Day - Where We Stand
Release Date: January 15th, 2010
Record Label: Unsigned

Who?
Dare Of The Day is a four-piece "post-hardcore" band hailing from Lake County, Illinois. With many different influences that include Thrice, Blink-182, and Rage Against The Machine, Dare Of The Day fuses together a blend of post-hardcore, pop-punk, and alternative rock to create a good, but not incredibly new sound on their first full-length record titled Where We Stand . I hate using the word "generic" because that words in itself is very generic as it is used over and over to describe all the bands coming into the scene, but even if Dare Of The Day is "generic" that doesn't mean they aren't worth listening to because there are few bands nowadays that truly aren't generic.

How is it?
Honestly, if you asked me how this album was 3 years ago I would say it's amazing! But now, since there really isn't much I haven't heard before on it, I will say it's quite a bit short of amazing. Even so, this 8 song album comes together quite well. The opening track "Pangea" takes off right away with some Silverstein-esque screams provided by bassist/vocalist Alex Jarvi. Most of this record keeps the same tempo throughout and though it does mostly have a post-hardcore feel to it I can still feel the pop-punk influences throughout the entire album. The clean vocals featured on this album are nothing to rave about. I guess one might say that it is a tad unique but as for the range and command that a lead vocalist should have, it's really not there, but in a sing/scream environment it really isn't that big of a deal. Lyrically, "making a change in the world" and "opening people's eyes" isn't anything unheard of to be sung about. Nothing too deep and meaningful but in no way are the lyrics boring or generic. To sum it all up Dare Of The Day has produced a quality release. Even if there isn't anything new and groundbreaking on this album, I must say that I keep finding myself coming back to it. So Dare Of The Day have to be doing something right.

Recommended If You LikeA Day To Remember's And Their Name Was Treason, Pierce The Veil, Silverstein

http://www.myspace.com/dareoftheday

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums