AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Weatherstar - 07.25.10

Interviewed by
Weatherstar - 07.25.10The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Weatherstar

www.myspace.com/weatherstar
www.purevolume.com/weatherstar
www.twitter.com/_weatherstar_

1. How did you get your band name?
I've always talked about the weather in my songs. I love the way it can mess with your emotions and totally force you into a new mindset. The name came about as a result of all of the weather references in my lyrics, I really wanted to keep that theme and vibe going.

2. How did this band get started?
The band started as a solo project, I had just quit my old band and I started writing all this new stuff. Shortly after I recorded the EP with Greg Dunn and sat on it for a while.. I wasn't sure how I wanted to release it. I put some of the songs out under Cameron Walker on myspace and eventually went under Weatherstar. Recently I have added Billy Toti as an official member, he is an incredible drummer, kills it live and I he really has a lot to bring to the table next time around in the studio.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
I draw from a lot of different places. I'm really into a lot of 90's pop/rock like The Goo Goo Dolls and Third Eye Blind. I'm a huge blink 182 fan and I love the early Saves the Day records. But I'm also really into older stuff like early Beatles and Elvis Costello. Recently I've had the latest Brighten record on repeat, I think that record has really changed the way I write music.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Blink 182 would be my number one. I grew up listening to blink and I definitely feel that I grew up with them in a way. I would also be stoked to tour with Daphne Loves Derby or The Juliana Theory just to be able to watch them every night.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Hmmm, I think I would be a lil chipmunk jumpin around in the trees chip n dale style.

6. Why should people listen to your band? Why not?
I take every opportunity I get to check out new music, I completely respect any artist that has the balls to put themselves out there and I think they all deserve at least one shot.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
I would probably pick our bonus track What Was I Thinking because it's super rockin. however it would still probably be prettyyyy easy on expert

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Harrison Ford for being so hansom.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
The fact that bands are always competing for things.. I don't think music was ever meant to be a competition, it's a way to express yourself and a way to have a damn good time.

10. Memorable tour experience?
Eben from Move Out West catching their TM's puke to avoid it getting on my floor.. I was far more concerned about Eben's mental state than my floor. But what a trooper! Love those guys to death.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AP.net means rad content, the latest and greatest on some amazing bands that might not get the same kind of press elsewhere and a chance for startup bands to really show people what they are about.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
Currently a new song called Rainy Day off our acoustic EP that we recently started playing full band.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Disney World!

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
The Beatles, Blink 182, Senses Fail.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
It would be to control the Weather so I could make the sun shine or the rain fall whenever I want.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
That's a weird concept. It depends on how you define "making it"... In this band I've done things I never thought I would get to do. I've played shows with some of my favorite bands, I have a record on the shelves. I'm so proud of everything this band has done so far.. but I'm not done yet.. I think we still have A LOT of ground to cover, a lot of things to do and a lot of places to see. I'm not stopping, I'm always moving... There's no time to stop and think about whether or not I've "made it"... that being said.. who really cares? I'll keep doing what I do whether its for a thousand people or ten people.. I can't slow down.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I am a duel citizen. I was born here in the US but my dad is from the UK . I used to spend a lot of time in London . I would love to go back there one day and play some shows.

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Halloween. I help my mom and brother run a haunted house every year.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I spent the majority of my spare time writing and demoing, but I also enjoy Lost, Heroes, Batman Comics and chillin with good company. I really value friendship and of course my amazing girlfriend <3

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I'm pretty good at cartoon voiceovers... I want to get into that field some day.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
10:41 AM on 07/25/10
philbylink
the shower's in the toilet
User Info.
I can get behind anything Gregory Dunn does, and this kid's hair is amazing, however I'm kinda ehhhhh about the music so far.
11:47 PM on 07/25/10
TylerReardon
Songwriter
User Info.
Great kid! Loving the new stuff.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT