|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
GoldRat (answered by singer/guitarist, Ross)
1. How did you get your band name?
Arguments, indecision, Luke (drummer) challenged us to come up with a better one and we didn't. It's grown on me a lot though.
2. How did this band get started?
We actually were all in another band at school and went our separate ways before getting back together a year ago.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Nirvana, Therapy?, Jimmy Eat world, Vines, Helmet, Nofx.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Nirvana as it would've been inspirational, Nofx as we would probably be wrecked the whole time.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
A Rat with gold fur.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because there will be a quiz later.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
"Lonely Bullet Artisan" would be the most Guitar Hero song I reckon, but not very hard to play.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
I (Ross, Singer/Guitarist) would thank Frank Black, Cole (bassist) would probably thank Jean-Claude Van Damme, Luke would thank Jeff Bridges.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I would add a limit to the amount of pop that was allowed. There's far too much of it in the UK. I enjoyed my time in Australia where the scene was a lot more alternative.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Seeing our first groupies. Not being humble I really didn't see that coming.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It's good to have places for like minded people to find out about new music. I like the ability to comment and review as well. It's more hands-on where places like Myspace can seem a bit distant.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Judas Cow." It works as an opener or a finisher and seems to go down pretty well with the crowd.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Somewhere with steep mountains covered in snow.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
China. Because they take no crap.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
I won't say we've made it until we've played Reading Festival. I've been going there for as long as I can remember
and has been an ambition ever since.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Cole has two pugs. I only found that out myself recently. Luke can't handle his booze
18. What's your favorite holiday?
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
We're all pretty big film fans. I spend a worrying amount of time on my PS3.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
We are all secretly ninjas.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |