Heinali and Matt Finney - 07.25.10
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Heinali and Matt Finney
1. How did you get your band name?
It's our names.
2. How did this band get started?
We met each other through Myspace and became close friends. We loved each others music. When Matt's band (Finneyerkes) was on a break, we started recording our first EP. We found out that we worked really good together. We wanted to keep this going and it became official for both of us and not just a one time project.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Nirvana, My Bloody Valentine, Nine Inch Nails, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Explosions In The Sky, John Coltrane, Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Clint Mansell, Bruce Springsteen, The Cure, The Smiths, Joy Division, Counting Crows, Brian Eno, Claude Debussy, Max Richter, Johann Johannsson, Nico Muhly, Arvo Part and so many more...
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
It would be amazing to do a show with any of the bands we listed above. We'd love to tour with each other. We have that whole being across the world thing going on.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
A groundhog. They're adorable.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
It's heartfelt, something new, and always challenging. We give you a 100% guarantee on that.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
"Repeated". It would be the hardest ever. Way too much shoegaze!
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Our families, our friends, and everybody that's bought/downloaded our music.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
We'd make all music free download or pay what you want.
10. Memorable tour experience?
We haven't had one yet but hopefully one day we'll be able to come together and play our songs for an audience. That would be a memorable night indeed.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
A great community of artists/writers that are willing to help out.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Nirvana, Elvis, "Seasons In the Sun".
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
To fly because it's cheap and there's really no other reason. Flying is the coolest shit you could possibly do.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
We get to make the kind of music that we want and people enjoy it. That's what it's all about.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We're a lot friendlier than we appear. Send us over a message. We always reply and we'd love to hear from you!
18. What's your favorite holiday?
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Read, relax, watch movies, sleep, listen to music, work on new music, and drink whiskey.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
We have to talent to make you hurt in the best way imaginable.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |