Username
Password
Eulogy Recordings News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Eulogy Recordings
Inside AP.net

Tired and True Stream

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (08/02/10)
The Tired and True are streaming their entire album, Scenarios, right now on their Purevolume.

Submitted by marceee

Displaying posts 1 - 10 of 10
10:21 PM on 08/02/10
GoodIdea
Is this love or is it just pure sin
User Info.
not bad....not bad at all
10:32 PM on 08/02/10
steve187
nah
User Info.
First time hearing this band and digging it pretty hard.
12:18 AM on 08/03/10
qblafleur
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
another horrible CT band. what a joke

"your voice is like a stun gun to my head"

nice analogy, T.S. Eliot. just wow. awful.
07:10 AM on 08/03/10
scormier2
User Info.
Saw these guys a couple months back. I was pretty impressed by their live show.
11:51 AM on 08/03/10
andthetruthwill
You keep company with wolves.
User Info.
This album rips. The drums especially sound awesome. And I really like how all the songs tie together during the last. I've been listening to it a lot the last couple of weeks. Everyone should listen to the song "Excuse Me For Being A Businessman."
03:27 PM on 08/03/10
joecrabbs
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
@qblafleur you just come off as a jealous, insecure child who posts just to bad mouth bands that are being proactive. Can we please hear / see your talents?
04:20 PM on 08/03/10
KurtTTAT
User Info.
Seriously huge thanks for the kind words guys. I really hope you'll try and come hang with us if we play anywhere near you guys soon. - Kurt
09:27 AM on 08/04/10
xxno_promisesxx
I read more maps than books
User Info.
Finally had a chance to listen to the entire album. I really enjoy it especially the songs "Love Is Innapropriate" and "My Final Gift To You".

Good job guys.
01:17 AM on 08/06/10
qblafleur
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I just call them like I see them. I am a writer. You're looking at my talents.

I, personally, believe the music scene is saturated and, because of that, decent bands struggle to reach the top cause they get strangled out by other bands who play nothing but the same exact drum beat (in more than half their songs on this record, might I add). So I do my best to dispel people's misplaced notions of what talent really is. Maybe that makes me a "jealous, insecure child" (I wish, much older) or a "hater", well then so be it.

Talent is not power chords, and repetitive old school punk snare beats. Not anymore at least. It's pushing musical limits, taking risks maybe, not trying (and clearly failing) to make the same basement punk album that Lifetime made ten years ago.

Honestly, if anything, their musicianship is decent. I'll give them that, but if you're sitting here trying to tell me that these are even below average lyrics then you are kidding yourself. The lyrics are dreadful. just appalling. "I'm only half the boy that I could be with you" or "this is the last time I'll feel like nothing cause I am something" or "I cant hold a candle to his eyes". Come on, the nothing/something thing is just used to beat you over the head for the rest of the song, to boot, gang vocal and all. It's an amateur, juvenile line.....'this is the last time ill feel like nothing cause I am something'. (more than 8 times in the song). just god awful.
Plus the singing, UGH, the singing. See "meeeee" in 'excuse me for being a business'. poor.

I'm sure these guys are fine people that work hard but I just can't say their music lives up to the standards of a signed band. Although, apparently standards have plummeted in recent years.
they would not have made it out of the venue that spawned them in a decent scene. I'm not from the CT area (where they hail from), but if this is a signed band from the region then I can't imagine what the rest is like....oh wait...TWAR. Try the Massachusetts or New Jersey scene, people.

like whatever you please, just recognize there is very little talent here.
that good enough @joecrabbs?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums