|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
We used to be called Charlieshero but we didn't really like the name so with a new record came a new name. After talking between the band we decided we liked "..... lungs", and the alliteration in 'Last' fit nicely.
2. How did this band get started?
The band's origins lie with Sean and Liam being cousins, playing together since they were kids. But we evolved to where we are now during college.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
American Football are a big influence for everyone, as well as Toe. A lot of mid-90's emo bands such as Mineral. We like everything. Liam is a real metal head, his favourite band is like Coal Chamber or something weird.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
The ultimate in tours for us would be some kind of cross up between the Warped Tour and All Tomorrows Parties. We're all massively into Punk as we all grew up so I guess playing shows with bands like Four Year Strong or NOFX would be like having one amazingly fun party. The ATP reference comes from the quality of the bands and the ethos of the festivals/gigs. A few of us went to one a few years back and we all agree it was pretty awesome. We'd love to tour with Toe though.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
We'd be a big majestic wolf. A wolf that cried all the time. But it's tears were actually milk. It's a long-running joke we have together. So just to reiterate, we'd be a wolf that cried milky tears.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
People should listen to us because we put everything into our music. We try to put everything into our shows too so it doesn't get boring.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
It would probably have to be "Inglend" because of the harmonized tapping part at the end of the song. It's probably our most techincal song guitar-wise. It could definitely be up there with expert-mode "Dragonforce" on Guitar Hero 2.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
The guy who created the 'Kung Fu auditions' video on YouTube. It kept us highly amused throughout our first tour.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Sean going to space and Billy's birthday, urinating on churches, sitting in vomit, smoking two cigarettes at once, gang singing "All the Small Things" at a Chinese karaoke bar.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
We've visited AP for years, since we were young teenagers. I used to come on here and check up on what bands like Rufio were doing, and I'd search through the record covers folder for a new desktop background every week!
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Probably "'Now Against The Staircase," just because the song means the most to all of us. It was a real turning point in our song writing and it feels really personal when we play it live.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Leeds, UK. Purely for the awesome music scene there.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
We were all the biggest Blink-182 fans. Who wasn't.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
As a band it'd probably be the ability to teleport, so we could teleport all our gear from our practice room to a show. That would beat carrying everything up and down 5 flights of stairs.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
The only goal we've ever set ourselves as a band is to have something released by someone. In that sense I guess we've made it. Whatever comes next is a bonus.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Between the 5 of us, we only have 9 testicles.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Christmas! Time to watch Home Alone!
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Drinking beer comes into things quite a lot. So, boozing?
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
None really but Joe is a studio engineer, Billy is a photographer, Sean is a designer, Nathan sells pies, and Liam licks rocks.
06:59 AM on 08/05/10
Great interview. Can't wait to hear some music from them.
09:32 AM on 08/05/10
The record was released on Tuesday, you can get it at iTunes, Amazon, Play and loads more.
Check out www.myspace.com/lastlungs
More From This Author