Username
Password

10:12 PM on 11/24/10 
User Info.
tonighttonight0
Rode the El Niņo
Milwaukee
Male - 22 Years Old
5. DO NOT...and I mean do not at all let significant others affect your grades and/or social life. This is a touchy one and I think we've all been there. For me, it's the story of why my GPA has been tanking. It all started when I met the girl I swore would change my life...and she did, and she's my best friend and we're cool now; however, when it first started and I first laid eyes upon her, schoolwork came second and she came first. I went to an all boys school for four years, so being in classes and living in the same dorms as hot, college girls kind of grabbed me by my crotch and dragged me in. I beg of you incoming students: do not let your love life affect your grades. It's a big no no. Bad habits are hard to get rid of. I strongly advise finding adequate time for guys/girls and school work equally so you don't burn yourself out with the "love of your life." It sounds silly, but with the college experience comes the freedom of being able to just bring any girl you feel you want to back to your room and doing whatever you want until whenever you want...and with that very freedom comes the ability to make poor choices when you let your sex organs take charge of your brain, haha. It's important to put school work first and get it done so you can party and bullshit your nights away.
Story of my first month and a half/break-up. Well, the significant other affecting the social life part.
02:56 PM on 09/04/11 
User Info.
Dystroxia
We found love in a hopeless place
Bump
03:06 PM on 09/04/11 
User Info.
jacinta.
Your mother's a cabbage
Canada
Female - 22 Years Old
Great advice. I'm going into my second year but I want to get more involved this year. It's not something I did enough in my previous two semesters.
06:38 PM on 09/04/11 
User Info.
majinsharingan
Erase All Pictures of Ron
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
DISCLAIMER: Only applies to students going to WVU/UT(University of Tennessee)/etc etc.

*i'm kidding.

Obviously you're kidding, you didn't list any Georgia universities. :D
08:02 PM on 09/06/11 
User Info.
RustyxDrums
I'm not sad anymore
King,North Carolina
Male - 21 Years Old
Good stuff. Thanks for posting this.
08:27 PM on 09/06/11 
User Info.
spiffa0
I am the Third Revelation
Westmont, NJ
Male - 26 Years Old
I know like....5 people from my school her in New Jersey that go to WVU. From what I heard, it is DISTURBINGLY EASY to get into, is a sprawling, 913 acre oasis of alcohol and burning couches, and is a bastion for cousin fucking(this is more a truth for the state in general, not just the university).

What up Cherry Hill?

In 2006, 92.4% of applicants got accepted to WVU. If you don't get in then you have issues.
09:42 AM on 09/08/11 
User Info.
dearmsterri
Philadelphia
Male - 24 Years Old
Nice write up. I agree with everything, which was said.

All I can say is, time management, time management, time management. Don't wait until the last minute to do a term paper//project//essay, believe me, I've been there before, and my grades fell because of it.

Question for OP: Why is it every time I'm by your school and I turn on your radio station, all I hear is hardcore music? Lol, I have to laugh.
09:06 AM on 09/09/11 
User Info.
Jake Denning
Corvallis, OR
Male - 24 Years Old
Staff Member
Another thing i'd suggest -- "Have Backups".

What I mean by that is backup your papers online (I personally just use Gmail), have a plan for when your internet goes out (will a coffee shop or library network be accessible?), etc.
01:31 AM on 10/26/11 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
...and somehow I survived
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Question for OP: Why is it every time I'm by your school and I turn on your radio station, all I hear is hardcore music? Lol, I have to laugh.
It's a metal station, haha. I'm the Assistant Programming Director there. Besides the fact that I had to learn to like metal to work there, it's been a great experience.
07:45 AM on 10/26/11 
User Info.
Passion Man
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Male - 22 Years Old
Ay this is rather long so I haven't read it yet as I have to bolt to class soon, but judging by your large number of posts (and your penis size) I assume you are a man who is very wise! I shall read it in due time and apply what you say to my daily life. Cheers, mate!
08:08 AM on 10/26/11 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Ay this is rather long so I haven't read it yet as I have to bolt to class soon, but judging by your large number of posts (and your penis size) I assume you are a man who is very wise! I shall read it in due time and apply what you say to my daily life. Cheers, mate!
Hahahaha, I laughed way harder at that than I should have.
08:30 AM on 10/26/11 
User Info.
gingercakes
No Avatar Selected
skatinggirl@optonlin...
Female
I appreciate this. Well said!
09:09 AM on 10/26/11 
User Info.
reachforthesun
'take me to where the kids drink'
detroit, mi
Male
4. Fraternities and Sororities are not for everybody. Is there hazing? Yeah. Is it fun? Not always. Is it a valuable learning experience which you will find rewarding? It depends what kind of person you are. I am not in a fraternity, although some of my close friends are and they don't judge me or treat me any differently for not being in the fraternity. Fraternities and sororities are also two very distinctly different animals. I know at my school, no matter what a fraternity does as part of it's pledge process, they often never belittle you or make you feel not wanted. For the most part, it's physical stuff that puts physical stress on you. Sororities though...a lot of it is mind games because girls tend to be more emotional. I'm sure you will know if it is for you or not right away, but don't be scared to listen to any info students give you on it and don't be afraid to go to the Greek Life meetings every school holds in the first few weeks.

Well put- I was greek in college and loved it. Still have great bonds with all the BROs and it is a great reason to go back and visit. Most of my close friends now were greek as well. However, if I was a female, there would've been no way I would have put up with the sorority crap. They haze way worse than fraternities in my opinion.
01:42 PM on 10/26/11 
User Info.
dearmsterri
Philadelphia
Male - 24 Years Old
It's a metal station, haha. I'm the Assistant Programming Director there. Besides the fact that I had to learn to like metal to work there, it's been a great experience.

Ahh, alright sweet haha. I was often confused, because I would turn it on at like 2 Am and be blown away by some metal.
02:05 PM on 10/26/11 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Ahh, alright sweet haha. I was often confused, because I would turn it on at like 2 Am and be blown away by some metal.
8pm-Midnight on week days we have specialty shows (indie, emo, hip-hop, etc.) but during the day and overnights, it's all metal all the time, haha.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos