Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 32
02:22 PM on 08/04/10
AgainstTheCurrent
Paranoid Humanoid.
User Info.
Quote:
I think Adam [Lazarra] has that same kind of perspective as a song writer and so the songs end up being the story of some person who's a hybrid of the two of us.

Perfectly sums up why I love TAYF so much.

good interview.
02:25 PM on 08/04/10
what_ever
every supahero need his theme music
User Info.
very solid guy, I wish him more success
02:42 PM on 08/04/10
Night Errors
time will forget us.
User Info.
TAYF was my bible back in '02 and John has been a really important musician to me for a long time. I'm still not exactly sure how I'm feeling about him and Shaun returning to TBS. The angsty 16 year old in me was jumping for joy whilst the rest of me was (and still is) pretty cautious. I'm going to wait and hear what music comes out of the reunion.

Either way, I'm very sad to see Straylight go. I loved the first album so much.
02:45 PM on 08/04/10
TCat71
User Info.
very good interview, adam. i can't wait to hear new tunes.
02:57 PM on 08/04/10
HeavenResign
Registered Member
User Info.
Adam, these are some of the best questions I've ever seen asked in an interview on here. Favorite staff member.
03:10 PM on 08/04/10
humanafterall
Whatchamacallit
User Info.
Great interview, I love John and can't wait to see how he contributes to the new TBS album. :)
03:20 PM on 08/04/10
knash9
Registered Member
User Info.
i just wanna hear questions about him and tbs. How does it feel to talk to the guys again? Have they changed, did the wounds heal or are you guys just putting a band-aid on top? etc

John used to be big on formspring and he answered all questions everyone asked so I suggest maybe trying that
12:47 AM on 08/05/10
Useyourname
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love John Nolan.

What's up with that last question of the interview? John contributes a strong amount of lyrics, but he didn't (by any stretch of the imagination) write more lyrics for "Tell All Your Friends" than Adam Lazzara did. Adam's a fantastic songwriter and he has written the majority of lyrics on every Taking Back Sunday album.

Adam and John write well together. They don't take credit for who came up with what. That's why they work so well together. Like John said the songs end up being "the story of some person who's a hybrid of the two of them."
04:55 AM on 08/05/10
uninspired_
User Info.
^ Okay, Adam.

I really enjoy Height. I think I'm looking forward to his next solo release more than the next TBS.
10:56 AM on 08/05/10
Useyourname
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
^ Okay, Adam.

I really enjoy Height. I think I'm looking forward to his next solo release more than the next TBS.
There's way too many people on AbsolutePunk.net that dislike Adam Lazzara without reason.

I recognize that these people blindly assume he is the cause to any problem that has ever happened with the band. On top of that, it seems that he is never really credited for anything good Taking Back Sunday's ever done by the majority of this site's regulars. It's nonsense. If you think Adam Lazzara wrote less of "Tell All Your Friends" than John Nolan, you are an idiot. If you cannot recognize that "MakeDamnSure" is a masterstroke that can be mainly credited to Adam Lazzara's songwriting ability, you are an idiot as well. Nobody is saying you should kiss his feet, or claim that he is the band, but show some due respect. Adam Lazzara is a top-notch frontman who truly gives all that he has to his band.

I'm not saying Adam Lazzara's been perfect, he has admitted to acting like a dick at times in the past, but I know that Mark O'Connell and Eddie Reyes have never had a bad thing to say about the guy. John Nolan is a fantastic musician who recognizes Adam Lazzara's ability and clearly feels that he's a valuable friend to have in his life.

John Nolan and Shaun Cooper being able to come back to Taking Back Sunday and co-exist so easily says a lot of good things about their character as well as Adam Lazzara's. It also serves as more evidence that the blame for any problems and/or drama with the other former band members should not presumptuously be thrown on Adam Lazzara's shoulders. I've never once heard that he alienated his former bandmates. Those are blind assumptions. Fred Mascherino and Mark O'Connell seemed to be the two individuals that were the most at odds during the "Where You Want To Be"-"Louder Now" era. I like Fred Mascherino, and I believe that he is extremely talented, but based on how I've personally witnessed him act towards Matt Rubano (taking down to him, saying that bass is insignificant), Mark O'Connell, and Eddie Reyes, I fear that he possibly could've had a presumptious, 'nose in the air' way about him before he chose to leave the band. The music was great during the "Where You Want To Be"-"Louder Now" era, but the non-musical chemistry between the band members was not.

I commend the band for recognizing that bringing in Fred Mascherino's replacement Matt Fazzi was a failed experiment after reflecting on "New Again", as his style simply did not fit Taking Back Sunday's sound nearly as well John Nolan's, or Fred Mascherino's had. Once the decision was made to invite John Nolan back into the band, replacing Matt Rubano, who had his share of differences with Mark O'Connell and Eddie Reyes, with John Nolan's frequent collaborator Shaun Cooper was necessary. I believe it was the correct move, as Matt Rubano, despite being one of the most talented bassists I've ever seen, is not a better fit for Taking Back Sunday than Shaun Cooper. A good man who's incredible work with Destry, Straylight Run, and Taking Back Sunday speaks for itself.

Taking Back Sunday's original/current lineup has been great to each other since reforming in March after seven years apart. They are all showing some real graciousness. This is clearly how the band should be.
03:56 PM on 08/05/10
hello299
User Info.
Great interview as always!
04:37 PM on 08/05/10
bayareanative
User Info.
really good questions!
06:49 PM on 08/05/10
fran.182
Euphoric Disconnection
User Info.
Good interview. It sucks that Straylight Run is over. I love their first record so much...
02:00 PM on 08/06/10
canisterjoe
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
hahaha. I think John (and this is off the times I've met and talked with him) is a very humble guy. I think it's not about writing accessible tunes, I just think he's giving credit due to the people around him.

I honestly think this whole TBS thing is blown out of proportion and people should just be excited that things are happening...save the drama for the llama...I'm here for the music...

Werd
03:04 PM on 08/06/10
Adam Pfleider
wait. what were we talking about?
User Info.
I love John Nolan.

What's up with that last question of the interview? John contributes a strong amount of lyrics, but he didn't (by any stretch of the imagination) write more lyrics for "Tell All Your Friends" than Adam Lazzara did. Adam's a fantastic songwriter and he has written the majority of lyrics on every Taking Back Sunday album.

Adam and John write well together. They don't take credit for who came up with what. That's why they work so well together. Like John said the songs end up being "the story of some person who's a hybrid of the two of them."
that questions wasn't a stab at any other person John has worked with. The interview was intended to talk to John about the break of Straylight and his transitioning into other things, including the band where he started. the last question was intended to mean do we perceive his songwriting differently because of the acts that he was associated with, or is a name a name?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos