Username
Password

12:40 PM on 03/02/10 
User Info.
<*)))><
Put a T-Shirt On
Oswego,NY
Male - 23 Years Old
Earth's temperature raises when Carbon levels in the atmosphere rise. We are pumping out more Carbon when we burn these fuels. It may not be the only reason the climate is changing, but it's definitely not helping, and the good money's on it doing some pretty serious damage.
Isn't carbon what plants need to survive and we rely on them to breath?
01:24 PM on 03/02/10 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Isn't carbon what plants need to survive and we rely on them to breath?

Yeah, but we rely on food to live, and we Americans have proven more =/= better.
01:47 PM on 03/02/10 
User Info.
Machu505
yep
New Haven CT
Male - 19 Years Old
Been dealing with climate change skeptics (read as: fucking morons) lately? Well you ought to point out that this winter is set to be the warmest ever.

01:49 PM on 03/02/10 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
Been dealing with climate change skeptics (read as: fucking morons) lately? Well you ought to point out that this winter is set to be the warmest ever.

News to me
01:51 PM on 03/02/10 
User Info.
Machu505
yep
New Haven CT
Male - 19 Years Old
Lol sorry. Mine has a graph in the post, and is therefore prettier.
01:52 PM on 03/02/10 
User Info.
loveisdead
LGJ
Long Island
Male - 27 Years Old
Lol sorry. Mine has a graph in the post, and is therefore prettier.

I was gonna put it in and then got lazy. You win. Sorta.
02:27 PM on 03/02/10 
User Info.
<*)))><
Put a T-Shirt On
Oswego,NY
Male - 23 Years Old
Yeah, but we rely on food to live, and we Americans have proven more =/= better.

i do not understand how that relates?
03:28 PM on 03/02/10 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
i do not understand how that relates?

Plants only absorb as much carbon as they need to, it has nothing to do with regulation of carbon levels, so adding more carbon just introduces more carbon, it has nothing to do with plants. They only absorb as much CO2 as they need.
05:33 PM on 03/02/10 
User Info.
<*)))><
Put a T-Shirt On
Oswego,NY
Male - 23 Years Old
Plants only absorb as much carbon as they need to, it has nothing to do with regulation of carbon levels, so adding more carbon just introduces more carbon, it has nothing to do with plants. They only absorb as much CO2 as they need.
Actually when you give plants more carbon they grow more or at least that is what the bio lab taught me.
05:54 PM on 03/02/10 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Actually when you give plants more carbon they grow more or at least that is what the bio lab taught me.

Not at the levels we're introducing it.
05:57 PM on 03/02/10 
User Info.
<*)))><
Put a T-Shirt On
Oswego,NY
Male - 23 Years Old
Not at the levels we're introducing it.
Also I remember hearing that British research center that first introduced global warming now said they have no evidence. Can't really remember the detail but I heard it on the Monica Crowley show.
06:06 PM on 03/02/10 
User Info.
Machu505
yep
New Haven CT
Male - 19 Years Old
Not to be that guy, but we're talking about carbon dioxide and not simply carbon.
10:29 PM on 03/02/10 
User Info.
ImTheSheriff
///
Male - 25 Years Old
The geological professionals in AIPG recognize that climate change is occurring and has the potential to yield catastrophic impacts if humanity is not prepared to address those impacts. It is also recognized that climate change will occur regardless of the cause. The sooner a defensible scientific understanding can be developed, the better equipped humanity will be to develop economically viable and technically effective methods to support the needs of society

http://www.aipg.org/StaticContent/an...%20Letters.pdf

i'm not saying that we can't try and help, but we think we have more influence than we do.
07:40 AM on 03/03/10 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
The geological professionals in AIPG recognize that climate change is occurring and has the potential to yield catastrophic impacts if humanity is not prepared to address those impacts. It is also recognized that climate change will occur regardless of the cause. The sooner a defensible scientific understanding can be developed, the better equipped humanity will be to develop economically viable and technically effective methods to support the needs of society

http://www.aipg.org/StaticContent/an...%20Letters.pdf

i'm not saying that we can't try and help, but we think we have more influence than we do.

When people find out they have cancer, whether they controlled it or caused it, the reaction isn't 'fuck it, I'll lay down and die, shit wasn't my fault anyway'. Doesn't matter how much influence we have, who caused it, etc., etc., etc., all we know is that it's happening and we're not helping.
07:20 AM on 03/31/10 
User Info.
paper halo
we're just a million little gods
Lincoln, UK
Male
Climate change still happening, regardless of e-mails.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos