Album Review

Call the Cops - Call The Cops Album Cover

Call the Cops - Call The Cops

Reviewed by
Call The Cops - Call The Cops
Record Label: Myspace Records
Release Date: June 22, 2010
Who?

Call the Cops are one of the many Myspace bands trying to cash in on the electro-pop style popularized by acts such as Boys Like Girls, 3OH3!, Forever The Sickest Kids, and Cash Cash. Hailing from Long Beach, California the quintet has toured the East Coast portion of the Take Action Tour with bands like Mayday Parade, We The Kings, and A Rocket To The Moon and also embarked on a portion of the Vans Warped Tour. They also played shows with Travie McCoy and Stephen Jerzak.

How Is It?

Call The Cops is not attempting to bring anything new to the table, they stick to the formulaic song writing that launched a fair amount of bands to success. Sure, the instruments and vocals sound clean and well produced, but there is nothing special to it. The lyrics are about girls, summer, love, drugs, music, and they are as straight forward and cliche as can be. The album has 11 similar sounding tracks, but there is no filler. Producer Ian Kirkpatrick (Plain White T's) brings out the best in this band, to make them stand out at least compared to fellow Myspace bands. When listening to the record, you will be noticing a great amount of similarity to songs off Boys Like Girls' sophomore effort. Tracks like White Dress stand out as being different from the others, as the uncredited female vocals provides us with one of the few entertaining moment of this record.

Basically, the album was well produced, and the band did a good job at accomplishing what they were aiming for, a simple, generic, commercial, catchy power-pop record. The production was very well done, and some of the tracks do stand out compared to other bands in the genre. Sure it's a genre that is crowded with copies of early success stories, but some bands like Call The Cops still manage to recycle it in a way that it can be used commercially once again. The album can be enjoyed, if listened for what it is, a generic electro pop effort meant for no more than a couple of listens for some fun music.

Recommended If You LikeGeneric Electro-Pop; Stereo Skyline; Cash Cash; Albums worth one listen
This review is a user submitted review from xHoodieWeather. You can see all of xHoodieWeather's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8
02:24 AM on 08/13/10
JuneJuly
Allez l'OL
User Info.
they are so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so bad live.
05:05 AM on 08/13/10
thechetearly
thechetearly
User Info.
band suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

good/fair review though. i would've just torn them a new one.
07:07 AM on 08/13/10
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
they are so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so bad live.

what made them that bad?
I only got a chance to catch one song at warped tour while passing by, and i thought it sounded average.
I wouldn't doubt it though, most electro-pop bands are.
07:27 AM on 08/13/10
emo cobra 666
User Info.
i met them on the take action tour lol
12:28 PM on 08/13/10
hello299
User Info.
Band sounds awful.
11:02 PM on 08/13/10
cubine
www.facebook.com/truthunderattack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This shit is everything that's wrong with music today, but in a more realistic sense than something like brokenCYDE.
08:23 AM on 08/22/10
WeWereGiants
Cold hands, Lips blue
User Info.
I enjoyed some of the tracks from their old EP, but the lyrics are atrocious, then and now.

I never knew that I would meet someone like you but I did, but I did, you're the shit, bitch your the sweetest

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos