Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 24 posts
04:41 PM on 08/09/10
ETGsynth
IWillBuryYou&EverythingYouBelieveIn
User Info.
That was my intial reaction.

10$ says that the band was just messing with them and they took it bad. I thought they were a tough band, thats what their image suggests. ha
Damaging a tour bus sounds like a real joke.
04:48 PM on 08/09/10
ETGsynth
User Info.
They just sat there and took a beating? lol

If they didn't do anything all that would of done is make the fire even bigger especially from a professional side sense they are on warped and the weight a band like pennywise holds in the music world.
04:51 PM on 08/09/10
ETGsynth
User Info.
Umm not that I want to see this happen but I think pennywise just got there ass kicked off a tour
Exactly. Sounds like they deserve it no matter how people feel about Alesana.
04:54 PM on 08/09/10
ETGsynth
User Info.
because two of their members got in a fight with another band? Way excessive.

Its happened before for less.
04:59 PM on 08/09/10
ETGsynth
User Info.
So wait, you approve of Alesana not taking self defense?

If you were in a band and someone from a known band came and drunkenly started hitting you, would you rather possibly ruin any career you could have and fight back or just walk away?
05:05 PM on 08/09/10
ETGsynth
User Info.
I wouldn't just sit there like a bitch and take an ass beating lol. Nobody cares about Alesana anyways.

I'm sure they care about themselves and the work they've put into it over the years not to get burned by fighting two drunk people.

No where in that article does it say that they just sat there took blows, and didn't defend themselves.
05:12 PM on 08/09/10
ETGsynth
User Info.
And now they're just a scene band who bent over for some drunks. They sure did save their career alright...

Yeah cause they won't have a bad reputation on warped tour, and they won't look like drunken assholes in the end. Looks like they did.
05:15 PM on 08/09/10
ETGsynth
User Info.
So you're saying you'd just take a beating?

If it meant keeping my reputation and the work I've put in yes, it wouldn't be worth fighting two drunks just so I could look tough.
05:17 PM on 08/09/10
ETGsynth
User Info.
That's irrelevant. Alesana doesn't play the same music as Pennywise, and will never be as big as Pennywise, so they will never have to deal with the same booking agents, venues, bands who are friends with PW, etc.

Oh and I forgot to mention how Pennywise narrowly beats out The Offspring as the most boring punk band on the planet.
The industry is still the industry, and pennywise will have the advantage over them anyday.
05:21 PM on 08/09/10
ETGsynth
User Info.
You obviously know nothing of law.

Actually, even if you are attacked and take action you can still be charged.
05:22 PM on 08/09/10
ETGsynth
User Info.
Alesana already has an agent, and books with local, and small promoters. If they would have fought, judging by their looks, they still would have been trashed, but they'd have that much more cred. No music rep is going to say "Wait... they got attacked, and they fought back? What douchefagbitches"

Yeah cause fighting is worth "cred", so much for being the bigger person and walking away.
Them fighting back could of resulted in them getting kicked off the tour, Them getting dropped from whatever booking company they could be with, It could mean alot of negative things. It doesn't mean "hey look at those guys that didn't fight back", It means "hey look at those guys who couldnt be professional on a major tour".
05:27 PM on 08/09/10
ETGsynth
User Info.
Not in this situation by any means. Re-fucking-read that article and tell me in the court of law, you would get charged for protecting yourself and others for getting punched at and your bus ripped apart.
Yeah actually, I've been in that situation before and had it explained to me at the time of the arrest.
http://blog.angryasianman.com/2009/0...rged-with.html
05:39 PM on 08/09/10
ETGsynth
User Info.
"Self-defense is an ancient defense that exists in most legal systems, and is predicated on the belief that people have a right to defend themselves from physical injury. Proving such a defense can be tricky since a defendant will generally have to demonstrate that self-defense was necessary, the belief of physical harm was reasonable, and that the response was reasonable. For example, responding to an assailant's threat to punch you by shooting them is almost certainly an unreasonable response."

And no i'm not saying it gets taken to that level, but self defense doesn't just come down to fighting back and getting away with it.
05:46 PM on 08/09/10
ETGsynth
User Info.
Someone hitting you and destroying your stuff. You swing back. You don't think you'd be okay?
It depends on the situation, I've seriously have seen it go both ways and have even had it go negatively for myself.

I could post some witty article from a law site but that doesn't mean that is how it's gonna translate, that law site says you can attack the attacker first, how do you know that were attacking if you acted too quickly and how do you know the judge or jury won't find you as the "aggressor".
05:51 PM on 08/09/10
ETGsynth
User Info.
No, it's an example of where self defense ended up with the defenant being charged for assault themselves, It happens.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos