Username
Password
Stupid News - Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 349.
04:42 PM on 08/09/10
GetWellBoss
Augustine / Ryan
User Info.

Yeah actually, I've been in that situation before and had it explained to me at the time of the arrest.
http://blog.angryasianman.com/2009/0...rged-with.html

They can "charge" you with it.

Self defense argument has to do with a conviction.

Edit: anyone who uses that criminal defense site instead of getting an attorney is a moron. ALWAYS hire an attorney or have one appointed to you. Even if you are 100% innocent.
04:42 PM on 08/09/10
Jet Set Paul
User Info.
I enjoy Pennywise's music, and can't stand Alesana...

with that being said, the PW guy's behavior was totally uncalled for. From other stories I've heard about their encounters with other bands in the past, it sounds like a lot of the dudes in Pennywise are drunken assholes.
04:43 PM on 08/09/10
HometownHero
User Info.
"Self-defense is an ancient defense that exists in most legal systems, and is predicated on the belief that people have a right to defend themselves from physical injury. Proving such a defense can be tricky since a defendant will generally have to demonstrate that self-defense was necessary, the belief of physical harm was reasonable, and that the response was reasonable. For example, responding to an assailant's threat to punch you by shooting them is almost certainly an unreasonable response."

And no i'm not saying it gets taken to that level, but self defense doesn't just come down to fighting back and getting away with it.
Someone hitting you and destroying your stuff. You swing back. You don't think you'd be okay?
04:44 PM on 08/09/10
HometownHero
User Info.

That's what I think every time someone uses the phrase "guilty pleasure". Thank you.
I find it incredibly funny. They are just my guilty pleasure! Therefore you can't give me shit for it!
04:45 PM on 08/09/10
PirateSkater182
I want a new username.
User Info.
04:46 PM on 08/09/10
ETGsynth
IWillBuryYou&EverythingYouBelieveIn
User Info.
Someone hitting you and destroying your stuff. You swing back. You don't think you'd be okay?
It depends on the situation, I've seriously have seen it go both ways and have even had it go negatively for myself.

I could post some witty article from a law site but that doesn't mean that is how it's gonna translate, that law site says you can attack the attacker first, how do you know that were attacking if you acted too quickly and how do you know the judge or jury won't find you as the "aggressor".
04:47 PM on 08/09/10
saveferris
Fine, I tried
User Info.
I don't care how much you hate a band. This was not cool on Pennywise's part. Dick behavior in my opinion. I myself can't stand Alesana but, i'm glad they're ok and hope they can get their bus fixed up.
04:47 PM on 08/09/10
Sarcasm
lostinthesound.com
User Info.
04:49 PM on 08/09/10
Takk...Ros
No, I am not sorry
User Info.
I find it incredibly funny. They are just my guilty pleasure! Therefore you can't give me shit for it!
Exactly. "I'm cool! I swear!"
It's a cop out, but it makes me laugh every time.
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
I'll process this when Pennywise speak on their actions.
the seventeenth
level 71 community member
User Info.
No such thing as "guilty pleasures." But there is such thing as being a pussy and being ashamed of what you listen to.
I need to be when people like yourself are so arrogant and don't accept anybody elses taste in music unless it is complementary to their own.
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
Yeah actually, I've been in that situation before and had it explained to me at the time of the arrest.
http://blog.angryasianman.com/2009/0...rged-with.html
That's you?
Ryan Rumsey
Good Business Moves
User Info.
Punk Rock.
04:50 PM on 08/09/10
galacticfates
User Info.
Do you purposely make ugly faces in pictures in order to avoid the inevitable disappointment of your own natural expression? I believe so.
04:51 PM on 08/09/10
ETGsynth
IWillBuryYou&EverythingYouBelieveIn
User Info.
No, it's an example of where self defense ended up with the defenant being charged for assault themselves, It happens.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests