11:23 PM on 08/10/10
Drums4life97
mattwelsh
User Info.
11:25 PM on 08/10/10
Drums4life97
mattwelsh
User Info.
Let's just say I didn't watch Sum 41 or The Casualties this year (these are terrible examples of punk bands I'd actually wanna see at Warped Tour). Face To Face and Alkaline Trio were great, as were Set Your Goals and Every Time I Die, even Four Year Strong is acceptable but isn't The Taste of Chaos designed specifically for these glammed out gothcore-esque-MCR-screamo bands? I understand branching out to new artists and genres, but (I hope) Warped Tour will continue to have the original artists that helped establish and create one of the biggest and longing running tours in history, let alone influenced nearly all the bands currently on the tour. Apparently modern day "emo" bands don't understand tour pranks. Every Time I Die can man up and take a beating like any band who's ever been on a real tour before. Drunken scruffles like this happen constantly, most of them are just good old fashion tour pranks. Sure certain members of Pennywise took it a bit overboard in this situation but it's not like Drunken Fletcher is gonna murder some poor little emo band and I highly doubt any of the guys were hospitalized with injuries. Pennywise has done pranks to Kid Rock, shot an automatic BB gun at the drummer of Mest in 2003, and even threw Fat Mike, he's close buddy, into Smelly's drums during the middle of a NOFX set. Bottom line, this is nothing new, and as long as generic carbon copy bands in whatever genre (whether it be pop-punk, emo-core, or rap-metal) exist, bands like Pennywise will see through their gimmick and do something punk. Immature? Yes. Will it ever get old? Never.

Trever Keith said it best in Detroit: "Welcome to Warped Tour. Home to the most douche bags in one place at once. No, I'm not talking about you guys out there. *points around* I'm talking about the bands."
Truth.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests