Password

Album Review

Saving Atlantis - Saving Atlantis EP Album Cover

Saving Atlantis - Saving Atlantis EP

Reviewed by
Saving Atlantis - Saving Atlantis EP
Record Label: Self-released
Release Date: January 1, 2010
Get ready because Johnstown, NY natives Saving Atlantis just might be assaulting airwaves all across the country with their brand of electronic rock if their self-titled EP is any indication. This EP is sure to impress and leave listeners salivating for more as it provides hooks across the board and showcases this young band sounding like seasoned veterans. Austin Lakata (vocals), Chad Johnson (keys), Mike Porter (drums), Dave Ratzer (bass), Derek Montanye (lead guitar), and Steve Morehouse (rhythm guitar) certainly prove that they have the talent to go far in this business in quite an impressive fashion.

“Everything that I’ve Done” is attention-grabbing right off the bat with crisp, clear instrumentals and high quality vocals as Lakata sings “Everything that I’ve done/has made me what I’ve become.” “Bank Vault Bedroom” is sure to get people moving and despite its relatively weak ending, has a full-fledged spot in plenty of radio playlists. The lyrics are quite interesting and include lines like “her edges are serrated…she’s not complicated.” Next up is “No Good At Goodbyes,” which features pounding drums and a very impressive bridge although it is not as strong as its two predecessors. The verses of “Life In Vain” will undoubtedly get fists pumping and the chorus truly soars. In this particular track, Lakata delivers his vocals in a way similar to Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance on The Black Parade. Closing out this EP is “The Brightest Lights” whose verses are sure to incite a dance party while the instrumentation throughout is impressive before the track fades out gracefully.

The Saving Atlantis EP provides a highly enjoyable listening experience that goes by quite fast and leaves listeners on their heels waiting for a follow-up release. It will truly be interesting to see where the band goes next, but until then, this EP will make the wait easier because of its great replay value.

Recommended If You LikeThe Killers, Muse

http://www.myspace.com/savingatlantis
This review is a user submitted review from nick19. You can see all of nick19's submitted reviews here.

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version