AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 8
Displaying posts 105 - 116 of 116
10:25 PM on 08/25/10
ihaveblink
User Info.
Lit just fits my taste in music. They'll always be one of my faves. I haven't seen many people make them out for more than they are - a bunch of nice guys putting out solid tunes and having a blast doing it. You gotta respect that and, clearly, many of us do.

Also, Nirvana and Radiohead get plenty of acknowledgment. Lit deserves more than they get. I don't care how you look at it - under appreciated is under appreciated - it's all relative in the end.

I agree 100%. Lit have always been a great little band, and never tried to be nothing more.
06:04 AM on 08/26/10
hello299
User Info.
My 90s and early millennium consisted of singles from:
Vertical Horizon, Splender, 3EB, Wheatus, Marvelous 3, American Hi Fi, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, etc. Oh the memories when radio music was oh so legit.
My list would be quite similar except adding in Fastball and Eve 6.
05:10 PM on 08/26/10
rocktwin22
Hey! That's my line!
User Info.
Brings back so many memories of watching their videos on MTV!
07:50 PM on 08/26/10
Jaynicgurl
Free Flow Jazz Odyssey Enthusiast
User Info.
Oh Man, Lit <3

Almost every time I go to the Slidebar (which is kind of rare nowadays because it's always packed and I only go there now if there is a show or when Starpool plays there...), I see Jeremy. He's a cool dude.

I also remember seeing them at the Save Eric benefit show back in 2004 in Hollywood and I bought a signed shirt from their merch girl. It was the same shirt that the bassist, Kevin, wore during their set. Hahaha. It was really cool.

Lots of memories. Thanks for posting this!
07:43 PM on 08/27/10
Formatfun
Format, The, Format, The
User Info.
I was like 7/8 when I was listening to these guys. I had A Place in the Sun, and I just recently found the old case for it in my closet from years ago.

Never really followed them afterward.
10:32 PM on 08/27/10
peristalsis
a crow left of the murder
User Info.
It's nice to see these guys get some love here. A Place in the Sun is the first CD I ever bought and I own all their albums except the last one. Even if I don't listen to them as much as I did before they'll always be special to me. Their songs are so catchy. BTW, if you guys only know them from A place in the sun forward, go and listen to their first album. It's essentially the same band but they had a slightly heavier sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4QmdqcRcSQ
10:51 AM on 09/14/10
minitoast
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
haha, the use to be my fave. use to...
12:05 PM on 01/11/11
Tracy1
User Info.
whenever "my own worst enemy" comes on i still crank it as loud as i can and sing it at the top of my lungs! loved this band <3
01:07 PM on 10/09/11
wecameaswaffles
youtube.com/hvrocker2
User Info.
i remember hearing my own worst enemy when i was very very young, and flipping out when it was on rock band 2, hahaha

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos