AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Captain Midnite - 08.25.10

Captain Midnite - 08.25.10

Interviewed by
Captain Midnite - 08.25.10The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Captain Midnite
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/captainmidnitemusic
Twitter: http://twitter.com/CapnMidnite
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/captainmidnitemusic
Recent Project: Purple Heart Vendetta EP now on iTunes

1. How did you get your band name?
I was actually inspired by a lyric I saw in one of Jimi Hendrix's lyric book at the Experience Music Project in Seattle. Pretty sure he never recorded the song though.

2. How did this band get started?
I'm a one man show, so it was all up to me! I've been making hip-hop/pop beats for the past 4 years and I started to realize that.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Hardcore bands such as Chiodos, Pierce The Veil, Emarosa, A Skylit Drive, Bring Me The Horizon. To Alternative bands such as Portugal. The Man, The Mars Volta, Thrice, Sade. All the way to rappers such as P.O.S., Cage, Grieves, and B.O.B.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Pierce The Veil and Emarosa because their energy and swagger is undeniable. Their shows are always so much fun.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
A Red Panda because they look like a fuckin Pokemon. Or a platypus because although they are kinda ugly, it would be awesome to dominate existence on land and underwater :O

6. Why should people listen to your band?
I write all of the music, sing all of the vocals and make all of the beats on my own. Nobody is really doing that in this style. Plus I do acknowledge/respect my fans and truly do appreciate them.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
I would want my song "As I Sow The Dragon's Teeth" to be featured actually because of the fact that it is incredibly fun to play! The only thing that is difficult to play on the song is the guitar solo in the choruses and the fact that half of the chords in the song are completely made up chord structures I created, but that wouldn't exactly transfer into a game like that haha.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
My dudes Kyle Lucas and Grieves for being great friends in the past and present and for being so influential on my music. Also, Casey Bates (producer of Chiodos and Pierce The Veil) who produced my record because he truly did nail the mood I wanted 100%!

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
The excess amount of bands there are out there. It makes it way more difficult then it used to be although it does allow for a lot more talented artists to be discovered. Pick your poison. At the same time, I love the competition.

10. Memorable tour experience?
Way too many balls jokes. Piece of gum :/

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It's a good melting pot for punk/hardcore artists to get recognition and a good place for discussions.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
"As I Sow The Dragon's Teeth" as I mentioned before and "Garnett."

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
I actually really like London.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
My mom listening to artists like Sade, Dido, and Enya. Super smooth type stuff.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
To be able to run 500 mph while having the brainpower to experience it in slow motion when needed. You would get places super fast, not have to pay gas, and wouldn't even need a car. Bossin' on the game to the utmost ;)

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Not as a solo artist. This is my first solo EP so I'm looking forward to a lot more work and shows, but I love it.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I'm obsessed with Foreign Horror Movies. The Audition, Old Boy, Let The Right One; just to name off the obvious ones.

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Black Friday because it's metal. Just kidding, I'm like a little kid, Christmas always gets me.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Watch movies, play lots of sports, and wiffle ball homerun derbies.. Fuck yea.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I'm kinda good at like ANY sport haha.

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums