Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 1 posts.
10:50 PM on 11/15/06
Risk The Fall
Risk The Fall
User Info.
Yeah, I'm surprised at the positive review. I clicked on the tab actually hoping for a nice ap.net scathing but funny critique. I don't hate this album, and I did buy it - so I obviously like this genre but...this really offers nothing to me but a bunch of kids aping the UnderOath TOCS sound. The review mentioned ASL - I do agree that at times the album sounds a bit like new ASL, but only in terms of sound, not in terms of lyrics and melodies. Four Letter Lie know what they're doing, and they pull it off ok, but lyrically, the chops aren't there. I also disagreed with the idea that the sing/scream transitions are smooth. It sounds like two different bands. I have a lot of friends that hate the 'screamo' sound. They always argue 'Dude - why can't they just pick one!' - I argue back that with bands like ASL, The Used, Atreyu...the dual sing/scream vocals benefit each other, and aren't jarring to me. With Four Letter Lie - I NOTICE the transition. The screams are pretty brutal and the singing is pretty poppy. it doesn't fit for me. And 'Feels Like Flame' is such an obvious 'popped up' single. No other song sounds like it on the album. This might be a hardworking band, but this album feels like the result of a 'Hey, let's make a screamo album' committee.

Damn. This was a longer reply than I intentioned. All in all, well-written review though.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums