Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 49
12:28 PM on 09/02/10
Robb
ism
User Info.
Weird, this might be the first Weekly Nostalgia band that I have flat out never heard of.
12:33 PM on 09/02/10
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
So glad they are finally featured in the category, "Survive" is one of my favorite records in this genre, so so so good. But I thought they only released two albums?
Two full-lengths and an EP.
12:48 PM on 09/02/10
Crimson_Curse
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Survie
User Info.
listen to this band daily.

so good.
12:52 PM on 09/02/10
AFSjulian
I am your big brother.
User Info.
I saw them play on accident for probably less than 20 people and it was one of the most incredible, heartfelt performances I can remember. They gave it their absolute all on a shitty stage, at a shittier show, in the shittiest part of Cleveland. My roommate and I still rock our Quitters Never Win shirts.
12:53 PM on 09/02/10
ACA
Next Show: Broken Bells @ Philly
User Info.
Some comments:

The Swellers -- I see them mentioned here.. not sure they really fit this mold. They execute live like a band worthwhile of a mention next to Rise Against or A Wilhelm Scream, but their CDs are so lifeless. I've never seen a band sound so good live but so bland on record. The immediate thought is "the band is being sugarcoated to appeal to a wide audience".

Transit -- RIYL? Active/touring? Best CD?

The Movielife -- no business being mentioned with Refused.. one band is essential and released one of the best albums of the 90s, and one band is good at what they do but not entirely important.
02:23 PM on 09/02/10
Castle Builders
Been fly since I was a young larvae
User Info.
I wish I knew of any good melodic punk bands that Chicago still had. Rise Against started losing their touch after Siren Songs. Much the Same's bassist was amazing too.
04:33 PM on 09/02/10
MKEcasey
twitter.com/caseycuene
User Info.
Wow, holy nostalgia! I used to do booking and merch for an area band and I remember doing several shows with them when they came through Wisconsin. Great guys, as far as I can remember. Definitely going to have to give them another listen since it has been so long.
05:42 PM on 09/02/10
CBKRP
Registered Member
User Info.
Survive was a masterpiece, really wish there was a follow up
05:55 PM on 09/02/10
thesiz
skinny fat guy
User Info.
such a good band...
06:32 PM on 09/02/10
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
Great Band, I kind of wish I saw more records by them because Survive was definitely the blueprint for what was to come from them.
06:58 PM on 09/02/10
The Big Timer
@johnlorenc
User Info.
Weren't they originally called "Don't Look Down" and they changed it because of DLD in Philly?
07:49 PM on 09/02/10
Gunnerpunk
User Info.
Gunner from MTS here, thanks to everyone for all the kind words, especially since you didn't know I'd see them. =)

To those looking for the (admittedly mediocre) Caught Off Guard EP can download it for free here:

http://muchthesame.bandcamp.com/albu...-free-download

There's also a couple Survive bonus tracks that you may or may not already have on that page as well.

Enjoy!
08:04 PM on 09/02/10
musthavegirl
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
the name much the same is unique ,like the name, i think singer should like those guys . they only release 3 albums in 8 years . singers should not let their fans down.they should only release something that is valueable.
www.intheshipping.com
12:22 AM on 09/03/10
donkeyman2341
User Info.
my definition of "punk rock"

i LOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Survive sooooooo much its not even funny. every single fucking song was good.

everyone should check out Unit91 the side project of some of the Much The Same guys...

http://www.myspace.com/unit91

LONG LIVE MTS!!!!!!!
05:16 AM on 09/03/10
Gunnerpunk
User Info.
I can back up that last comment about Unit91! Their EP is as good as anything MTS ever did.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos