AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Red Shore, The - Unconsecrated Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 7.25
Musicianship 7.5
Lyrics 7
Production 6.5
Creativity 7.25
Lasting Value 4
Reviewer Tilt 6.5
Final Verdict: 66%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.

Red Shore, The - Unconsecrated

Reviewed by: more heart (09/03/10)
The Red Shore - Unconsecrated
Record Label: Rise Records
Release Date: October 26, 2009

Who?

Australian tech-metal band with their first stateside release. Unconsecrated features the band's 2008 full length of the same name as well as their 2009 EP, Lost Verses.

How is it?

Unconsecrated is a decent release, but the tracks that come from Lost Verses are certainly stronger. Maybe it's the band finding themselves along the way, but Unconsecrated seems to drag on a bit unlike the latter half of this release. There are certainly high points on the first half of this release(all of the guest vocals on "The Architects of Repulsion", the album opener "The Garden of Impurity", and the single "Vehemence the Phoenix"), but they're few and far between. It's easy to feel like you're listening to the same song as The Red Shore don't try to mix up their formula much at all. It's just a repetitive onslaught of technical shredding and double bass. That's not to say that TRS aren't talented musicians, because they are, but that talented seems to not reach its full potential here. The second half is what picks this record back up on its feet. The calm intro before all hell breaks loose on "The Saint Valentine's Day Massacre" is spectacular and the next track, "Sink Or Swim", keeps the pace while also elevating Unconsecrated to a higher level. Still, TRS suffer from making each of their songs stand out on the second half too(though it's not as bad as on the first half). This inability to create diverse-sounding songs is definitely the single biggest issue I have. Fortunately for TRS, this is something not to difficult to correct.

Recommended If You LikeThe Faceless; I Killed The Prom Queen; Job For A Cowboy

The Red Shore on MySpace

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2.
01:23 AM on 09/07/10
Akissforher
City Love
User Info.
There's just something about the production of this cd that annoys me and prevents me from being able to listen to from start to finish.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS