AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Lakes - The Agreement Album Cover

Lakes - The Agreement

Reviewed by
Lakes - The Agreement
This review was written by an AP.net staff member.
Record Label: Unsigned
Release Date: September 3, 2010

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 78
11:32 PM on 09/05/10
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Readers will notice that my normal "Download These First" section has been replaced by a "Follow Me on Twitter" section. Mainly because I think that people should buy these albums instead of downloading songs off of Limewire or something. Do people still use Limewire? I doubt it. I haven't downloaded a record or a song like that in a pretty long while so I guess I'm not in-tune with it. It's also due to the fact that I'm in a mid-life Twitter crisis and I've decided that I need more followers.

Anyways, album is top ten of 2010 for me right now. Please listen to it and share this review or the record with your friends...anything to get this band some exposure.

Also, credit to aradiantsunrise for the rivers and oceans part of my RIYL.
11:38 PM on 09/05/10
rushour144
User Info.
Thanks for reviewing this Thomas!!! Watashi WA was an incredible band, so I am glad to see Roberts is continuing on with an even BETTER band!!!
11:41 PM on 09/05/10
_all_star_me_
User Info.
Nice! Glad you liked it man!
11:42 PM on 09/05/10
DandonTRJ
~~~ヾ(^∇^
User Info.
Purchasing as we speak. Er, type. Whatever. Just excited to finally hear this.
11:48 PM on 09/05/10
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
I need to go get this. Great review, Thomas -- it's pushing me to go get this album sooner than later, haha. Excited to listen nonetheless.

And I don't think people still use limewire and people shouldn't -- but mostly because limewire is terrible.
11:58 PM on 09/05/10
anamericangod
User Info.
Fantastic album. Been playing it over and over and over. Need it on vinyl. Need a US tour.

I highly encourage everyone to check this album out. These guys might not generate attention like Anberlin, Valencia, and The Graduate have been lately, but by all means this is just as solid a release, if not more so.

I'll post my review soon.
12:14 AM on 09/06/10
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Fantastic album. Been playing it over and over and over. Need it on vinyl. Need a US tour.

I highly encourage everyone to check this album out. These guys might not generate attention like Anberlin, Valencia, and The Graduate have been lately, but by all means this is just as solid a release, if not more so.

I'll post my review soon.
I wish it was being released on vinyl
12:14 AM on 09/06/10
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
User Info.
Need to get this.
12:17 AM on 09/06/10
andypyle
User Info.
if you ever get the chance to see these guys live, do yourself a favor and go. they are not to be missed. i was at the cd release show a few nights ago and i was blown away. i've seen them a lot because they all happen to be friends of mine, but that performance was by far the best i've seen in a long time.
12:22 AM on 09/06/10
Richard Maxim
Life: April Fools
User Info.
God, I need to listen to this already. I love anything that Reminds me of the ocean, Atmospheric melodies and chords.
12:33 AM on 09/06/10
nonohjohn
jmh // hth
User Info.
nice. i grew up with watashi wa so its good to see that seth is still putting out quality music. this band deserves a lot of attention.
01:14 AM on 09/06/10
bigmike
...is "big" and "mike"
User Info.
Love Seth/Lakes/Watashi Wa/Eager Seas, so I'm stoked to give this a listen soon.

But that is absolutely the worst fucking intro to a review I've read. Jesus christ.
02:05 AM on 09/06/10
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
Hmm. Interesting bout of bold name syndrome. Whatever, I just came in here because I have missed Lakes. That EP was gold, Jerry - gold! Very excited to hear the progression here. Seth is a truly underrated talent.
02:12 AM on 09/06/10
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
User Info.
Really need to hear this. I'll probably buy it when i get some money in a few days.

Edit:

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version