shrem
@Elycean
User Info.
Oh jesus.
08:02 AM on 09/07/10
pluralist
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
yeah and where was everyone when over it and don't look down were touring? oh that's right no one gave a shiiiit and still don't about anyone making remotely creative music. yes things are changing slowly (hopeful) but right now the industry is in a strange period that still puts a psuedo value on this brand of neon garbage and and these boys just need to eat. it's not their fault the youth is getting dumber and dumber and david lettermen likes them for some reason..maybe they remind him of himself. when he was 40..
08:08 AM on 09/07/10
firewater
the ransom
User Info.
Also, they had shown they were going to an electro-pop route from the start, even though it's not something I like, their sound is practically the same as it was when they started making demos. It seems like more people are hung up on their image.

Honestly though, the only one that looks really different is Ryan, and I'm guessing since he's the "frontman" he's got to have that certain look...but idk I'm happy for them if they get success; albeit not with the exact music I wanted.

Best songs on here are: Paper Cuts, Life After You, 21, and My Kinda Girl
08:08 AM on 09/07/10
S9Dallasoz
Knows the words to 'Bye Bye Bye'
User Info.
Saw this one coming.
08:27 AM on 09/07/10
stevie85
User Info.
yeah and where was everyone when over it and don't look down were touring? oh that's right no one gave a shiiiit and still don't about anyone making remotely creative music. yes things are changing slowly (hopeful) but right now the industry is in a strange period that still puts a psuedo value on this brand of neon garbage and and these boys just need to eat. it's not their fault the youth is getting dumber and dumber and david lettermen likes them for some reason..maybe they remind him of himself. when he was 40..

I was coming back to semi-retract my initial comment to say, although it's definatly not my thing now, they gotta make a living. If you love music as much as im sure those guys do your gonna wanna get by and make a living out of doing what you love the most. touring, meeting new people, and making money! it's no worse than being a session musician for some huge star... I read a quote from the drummer on here saying maybe if people came to Over It shows, bought there t-shirts and CD's then they wouldn't have to do this... So I agree whole heartedly, it's just a shame that you can't always get to a good place playing decent, honest punk rock music anymore.
08:38 AM on 09/07/10
Holly HoX!
User Info.
Terrible bands should get honest reviews. This is a perfect example. Great job, Chris.
08:39 AM on 09/07/10
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
User Info.
So Obvious EP was amazing, I didn't realize these guys were putting out an LP till just now. I'm taking your word on this one.
08:52 AM on 09/07/10
ThisIsNotDan
User Info.

I remember getting their first demo ep with a smartpunk order 2-3 years ago and it sounded like a poppier Over It, but everything since has been absolute garbage. hopefully this is just a cash grab so they can afford to go back to Over It full time
08:56 AM on 09/07/10
Wisher
eh
User Info.
... what could've been. :\
09:06 AM on 09/07/10
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
User Info.
Chris, I like this band, so your review sucks, you suck as a staff member, and I'm going to assault you on Twitter now, because that seems fair to me in my mind. Find a way to make a hated band loved by everybody, or you're not doing your job.
09:17 AM on 09/07/10
JayBee420
Bright and Early
User Info.
Chris, I like this band, so your review sucks, you suck as a staff member, and I'm going to assault you on Twitter now, because that seems fair to me in my mind. Find a way to make a hated band loved by everybody, or you're not doing your job.

Is this sarcasm or are you serious?
09:24 AM on 09/07/10
Figure8Guitar
User Info.
Also, they had shown they were going to an electro-pop route from the start, even though it's not something I like, their sound is practically the same as it was when they started making demos. It seems like more people are hung up on their image.

Honestly though, the only one that looks really different is Ryan, and I'm guessing since he's the "frontman" he's got to have that certain look...but idk I'm happy for them if they get success; albeit not with the exact music I wanted.

Best songs on here are: Paper Cuts, Life After You, 21, and My Kinda Girl
Well, I disagree with the electronic thing... They did have a few rock songs that sounded like Over It, mixed with a couple electronic ones but it didn't go too overboard... They even have one I remember that was Reggae-ish or something along those lines.

But yeah, you are right about the image part. Usually when bands change their sound or play a different style of music, it most likely will appeal to at least SOME of the old fans even if the majority doesn't listen to it anymore. This music/image, specifically, is almost an insult to their fans who liked the way they were before. The whole time I was 13 to about 17, honest music like Over It/DLD/Rufio was what I was listening to to escape from fake pop bands (that sounded like this) that everyone else was listening to....actually, I guess I STILL do that.
09:26 AM on 09/07/10
JayBee420
Bright and Early
User Info.
I was coming back to semi-retract my initial comment to say, although it's definatly not my thing now, they gotta make a living. If you love music as much as im sure those guys do your gonna wanna get by and make a living out of doing what you love the most. touring, meeting new people, and making money! it's no worse than being a session musician for some huge star... I read a quote from the drummer on here saying maybe if people came to Over It shows, bought there t-shirts and CD's then they wouldn't have to do this... So I agree whole heartedly, it's just a shame that you can't always get to a good place playing decent, honest punk rock music anymore.

Decent honest punk rock music was never a vessel for financial stability. You're a moron. Stop analying this crap, and rethink your life. If they want to make a living, they should get jobs. This is WAY worse than having a paying gig under some huge star. Being paid lots of money to play as a back up musician for someone who's actually made it sounds pretty comfortable. These dudes might have made a little money, but they're still basically broke. They're in their 30's, broke, and playing disposable mindless pop music. Bruno Mars is pop. Gaga is pop. The Faint was dance pop. All talented. What the fuck is Runner Runner? Where is the display of talent? Where do they show their 40 collective years of growth?
09:28 AM on 09/07/10
JayBee420
Bright and Early
User Info.
Terrible bands should get honest reviews. This is a perfect example. Great job, Chris.

Backed.
09:31 AM on 09/07/10
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
User Info.
Is this sarcasm or are you serious?
Search around the site, you'll figure it out. Definitely not being serious.

EDIT: I suppose the Katy Perry avatar makes it seem serious.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos