Username
Password

Comments: Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 56 of 56
07:43 AM on 09/08/10
fightinirish217
Your love will be / safe with me
User Info.
If they play The Haunting this tour, I will freaking die.
You and me both!
07:57 AM on 09/08/10
topher465
every shining time you arrive
User Info.
Awesome interview. I've always wanted to hear them play Mathematics and the Haunting. Especially the haunting though. Even though it's a b-sides (I don't know how), it's one of my all-time favorite anberlin songs.
08:17 AM on 09/08/10
s.t.e.v.e.n.
#usertitle
User Info.
Such a great interview all around.
08:54 AM on 09/08/10
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
Good stuff. Probably the clearest explanation of what went wrong with New Surrender he's ever given.

I agree. Stellar interview. Very interesting to hear how much he dislikes "Said and Done." When I bought the Walmart version of New Surrender, I was stoked to have that song.
05:05 PM on 09/08/10
Lovely?
User Info.
He's sounds like the nicest and most humble guy alive. He's human after all
05:51 PM on 09/08/10
Diviniuz
User Info.
Stephen ditching Aaron Marsh = Fail
07:49 AM on 09/10/10
raketen2113
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Stephen ditching Aaron Marsh = Fail
I tend to agree.
I had high hopes for Anchor & Braille when I found out about the project and even though Aaron only produced in the end (apart from an appearance on Forget Love, I Just Want You To Make Sense To Me Tonight), the album nearly lived up to my initial expectations.
Not including Aaron in any way would be a mistake on Stephen's part, I think.

Said & Done is generic but good at that. I'm surprised by the hate from Stephen. I suppose I'll still be able to enjoy it? :(

I still wonder why A Perfect Tourniquet is a b-side on New Surrender. I guess I will take that to my grave.
01:09 PM on 09/12/10
jtalep
Save Me From Myself
User Info.
"Christian, who’s the primary songwriter"...what happened to Joey being the primary song writer? Kind of feel sorry for him, the songs he wrote were incredible (basically the first 3 albums), now he's just been brushed aside? As cool as Christian is, Joey is the heart of Anberlin...
03:15 PM on 09/15/10
fl0rida87
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I love the new album, but I miss Joey being the primary songwriter. Nothing against the guys or this new album but I do sort of miss the feel of NTFP and Cities.
i believe joey is still the primary song writer for them. don't know why stephen would say otherwise. i think the difference now is that they are all collaborating more on the music as a group instead of joey writing everything himself so it's going to be different. i don't think joey really ever gets the credit he deserves.
03:49 PM on 09/15/10
fl0rida87
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"Christian, who’s the primary songwriter"...what happened to Joey being the primary song writer? Kind of feel sorry for him, the songs he wrote were incredible (basically the first 3 albums), now he's just been brushed aside? As cool as Christian is, Joey is the heart of Anberlin...
couldn't agree more. nothing against the guys, i love them all but i don't like the way stephen gave props to christian and nate but gave NO credit whatsoever to joey who is the musical heart of the band. i also wouldn't mind seeing him more in the music videos. deon too!
01:35 PM on 09/18/10
guitarpickheart
Strange and unprepared.
User Info.
I really, really enjoyed reading this.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT