AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

06:37 AM on 04/18/12 
User Info.
mht
yeah, rawrr got me into them last year. one of my favorite new bands. have you checked out gun outfit?

yea i completely did a 180 and changed my entire taste of music this year almost and discovered so many NEW bands in the process.

like this

reminds me of a softer Meneguar

and

this

07:24 AM on 04/18/12 
User Info.
SaoMattie
Watch your back
Greensboro, North...
Male - 28 Years Old
yea i completely did a 180 and changed my entire taste of music this year almost and discovered so many NEW bands in the process.

like this

and

this

12:03 PM on 04/18/12 
User Info.
mht
i'm going to write up a list/links of "newer" punk/hardcore/whatever bands that may not be as known in this new trend/style revival

there is a shitload in the last couple years
01:47 PM on 04/18/12 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
i'm going to write up a list/links of "newer" punk/hardcore/whatever bands that may not be as known in this new trend/style revival

there is a shitload in the last couple years
I look forward to reaping the benefits of your hard work.
02:02 PM on 04/18/12 
User Info.
CellarGhosts
cellarghosts.tumblr.com
Indiana
Male - 24 Years Old
All underrated bands/releases! I actually gave that No Motiv record a spin a few days back, and it still holds up. It gets a bit too "alt-pop-rocky" at points, but on the whole? Really good stuff.

And don't even get me started on the awesomeness that is Audio Karate's Lady Melody...

Agreed. Hard. Kind of makes me wish I could go to the Fest again this year, what-with them playing and all.
They are? Damn. I had no idea haha. That's awesome.
02:04 PM on 04/18/12 
User Info.
shit stroll
Atlanta
Male - 25 Years Old

like this

and

this

same with with me. lately i've been into bands that aren't punk, but aren't really anything else if that makes sense haha
02:16 PM on 04/18/12 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 30 Years Old
They are? Damn. I had no idea haha. That's awesome.

Yeah. The Fest announcement this year was odd. Lots of buried bands. They didn't really highlight some of the newer acts in the major announcement (e.g., Lagwagon, Streetlight Manifesto) or the one reunion thus far (as far as I can tell anyway). But yeah, they're playing. Which rules. What doesn't rule is me not going.
02:41 PM on 04/18/12 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
And don't even get me started on the awesomeness that is Audio Karate's Lady Melody...
Absolutely top tier album. I ripped it off my friend back in high school, but like 8 years and multiple computers/hard drives later, I only have two songs off of it.
04:13 PM on 04/18/12 
User Info.
shit stroll
Atlanta
Male - 25 Years Old
Absolutely top tier album. I ripped it off my friend back in high school, but like 8 years and multiple computers/hard drives later, I only have two songs off of it.
so in other words you would like someone to upload it for you
04:17 PM on 04/18/12 
User Info.
rawesome
Listen to Dave Hause pls
Chicago
Male - 25 Years Old
so in other words you would like someone to upload it for you
Oh, haha, no I wasn't trying to insinuate that. I was actually thinking that I should head to a used record store this weekend and look for it. I just always forget about that band/album because I rarely listen to them since I barely have any of their stuff and the mention in this thread reminded me about that. Plus I just like anecdotes.
04:20 PM on 04/18/12 
User Info.
saddr weirdr
We're all alone. grab a hold.
Southern California
Female
Oh, haha, no I wasn't trying to insinuate that. I was actually thinking that I should head to a used record store this weekend and look for it. I just always forget about that band/album because I rarely listen to them since I barely have any of their stuff and the mention in this thread reminded me about that. Plus I just like anecdotes.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zjwozkmzzdj
05:03 PM on 04/18/12 
User Info.
prefix-core
Andy Adores Alliteration
Brookline, MA
Male - 30 Years Old

like this

and

this

Diggin' both of these!
08:49 PM on 04/18/12 
User Info.
AP_Punk
Anarchist Cat Owner
New, Mexico
Male - 26 Years Old
All underrated bands/releases! I actually gave that No Motiv record a spin a few days back, and it still holds up. It gets a bit too "alt-pop-rocky" at points, but on the whole? Really good stuff.

!!! i went back to no motive recently too, and yeah, still solid stuff.
08:56 PM on 04/18/12 
User Info.
Justin_stacy
Go AWAY! Batin'!
Kansas
Male
anyone else come away disappointed from the new tim barry record?
09:00 PM on 04/18/12 
User Info.
CellarGhosts
cellarghosts.tumblr.com
Indiana
Male - 24 Years Old
I didn't know he even had a new one. Haha. I can't get into the older ones even, anymore. Not sure why.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos