|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
Derek and I both really like TANG. I mean *really* like TANG... (Yes, the orange-ish flavored astronaut drink.) Derek and I were sitting around one night, sipping from large steins of TANG and watching one of the Lord Of The Rings movies, and there were these tree dudes called ENTS. We naturally combined our love of orange-space-drink and walking tree guys and came up with the name.
2. How did this band get started?
I tricked Derek into playing with me. Reverse psychology style. I wonít go into the details, but let it be known that Iím a tricky one.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Jeff Buckley, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Ours, Pilotdrift, Muse, Pavement, Zeppelin, The Beatles, Beck, Fiona Apple, Jellyfish, Elbow, MGMT, Cake, Yes, Sigur Ros, Smashing Pumpkins, Starsailor, TLC, 2Pac, Charlie Daniels, Jack Daniels, The Muppets, David Bowie, New Kids On The Block and Enya. Thatís all of Ďem.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
We would tour with any band that could put us in front a large audience and whose fans would be receptive to us.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Definitely a Stegadumpus. Those are awesome.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We sound like Stegadumpuses playing rock music. Stegadumpuses are awesome, therefore, we are an awesome band. (See question #5 to clear up any confusion.)
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
If itís one of our songs, Iíd say ďWhat The Scanners See.Ē That song is like 30 seconds of ambient sounds. I just think it would be really funny to see a bunch of drunk teenagers (not that TANGENTS condones that type of thing) looking really uncomfortable not sure what to do. I think to really master expert mode, you would have to transcend into the spirit realm and float around the room... but at the end of the song you would have to turn back into a physical entity.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Iím thinking if we win a Grammy, that means that we really, really sold out even more than we thought was ever possible. I guess Iíd thank God while pointing to the sky like an athlete when they hit a home run or score a touchdown or something... because itís something that God really wanted them (or us) to do. Right?
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Iíd probably get rid of the industry... I donít think the word industry should ever be involved with an art form. I know that it is wishful thinking, but... if I had my way.
10. Memorable tour experience?
I havenít left my home in 23 years.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Is that awesomepwn.net or alienporn.net. I always confuse the 2... which one is .com and which one is .net.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?" by Frank Zappa in front of a nursing home audience.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Another planet, but I usually do Exuma in the Bahamas since the spaceflight airfare is getting really pricey these days.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
"Leaving On A Jetplane" (seriously) and "Barbara Ann" (by the Beach Boys.) My mom used to play those all the time.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Ummm. Iíd be able to conjure red turtle shells and banana peels at any time. (helpful while driving)
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Ask me in a year... or 3.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I didnít know we had fans..
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Iím a Festivus man myself.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Hang out with my dog and my wife, play music, converse, lightly party, play video games, mess around.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
The talent to finish this interview within 20 minutes!
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |