On Top of NFC WEST
Male - 35 Years Old
Welcome to AP's official Madden 11 Online Franchise league.
This is the second year we've done Online Franchise, and it was a huge success for Madden 10. Let's make Madden 11 even better.
Below you'll be able to find all the league information, rules, and members information.
This is a fast moving league with a lot of guys who love to play Madden. So if you have enough time to play madden on a somewhat regular basis and want to have some friendly competition and fun, you're welcome to join us. We've already formed a pretty competitive and tight knit group, and more people are always welcome!
FOR NEW PLAYERS, PLEASE READ THE RULES LISTED BELOW THE TEAM LIST!!! IF YOU BREAK THE RULES OR DON'T FOLLOW ONE OF THEM AND ARE BOOTED OR MISS A GAME DON'T BE UPSET, THE RULES ARE THERE FOR YOU.
LEAGUE INFO NOW!!! (all the latest information will be here)
Franchise name : Absolutepunk
password: PM LIVETHESOUNDS OR SLYCK FOR PASSWORD
:::: Currently in week 15 of season 1 :::::
- Free agency is open, feel free to pick up and drop whomever you please as much as you please
THANKS TO THE GREAT OWNERS IN THIS LEAGUE, WE'VE BEEN ABLE TO COMPILE A GREAT SET OF LINKS INCLUDING PREDICTIONS / RECAPS / POWER RANKINGS AND MORE!! WE HAVE NUMEROUS LINKS, AND ARE CURRENTLY WORKING ON ONE MAIN SITE THAT CAN HOUSE ALL THE LINKS AS WELL AS SERVE IT'S OWN PUPROSE AS THE MAIN NEWS WEBSITE FOR THIS LEAGUE.
BELOW ARE THE LINKS
- AP.net league official website
- EA MADDEN ONLINE FRANCHISE OFFICIAL LEAGUE PAGE - http://www.easports.com/onlinefranch...idualFranchise
- Alternate forum to post trade blocks and other info
- http://apmadden11franchise.motionforum.net /forum.htm
- Slyck's Weekly Power Rankings - http://kingslyckspowerrankings.blogspot.co m/
- Mike's (mht) blog
- The Grey Man's previews
Below is the list of teams and users signed up for those teams (with xbox live gamertag)
IF YOU ARE A NEW USER AND A SPOT OPENS UP, PLEASE BE AWARE THAT BECAUSE WE NOW HAVE A FULL LEAGUE IN MANY CASES THE PREVIOUS USER MAY HAVE MADE TRADES WITH YOUR TEAM. YOU CANNOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS, YOU MUST TAKE THE TEAM AS THEY ARE IF YOU JOIN. SO YOU CAN GET AN IDEA OF WHAT THE TEAM YOU'RE JOINING AS LOOKS LIKE, I WILL UPDATE ALL NEWLY OPEN TEAMS WITH KEY PLAYERS ON OFFENSE AND DEFENSE.
New England Patriots
- Legendaryx31 (Legendaryx31)
New York Jets
- Max 123 (GT: MaximusPrime107)
- xbrokendownx (GT: Nova Dominator)
- SeeTheLights (GT: thricepunkrawkr)
- arod3612 (GT: hoorayitsdave)
- key players : Offense - LG Ben Grubbs, C Matt Birk, WR Sidney Rice, RB Ray Rice, WR Marques Colston, QB Matt Ryan. Defense - CB Nnamdi Asomugah, FS Ed Reed, DE Halogti Ngata, DE Richard Seymore, LB Terrell Suggs, CB Jabari Greer,
- MikexAndrews (GT: mycall and drooz)
- bamamcc (GT: bamamcc)
- jeremyfromva (GT: bustinloose1982 )
- Pand75 (GT: Pand75)
- livethesounds (GT: cbow52)
- badger52683 (GT: badger52683)
San Diego Chargers
- Slyck (GT: King Slyck)
- TomFoolery (GT: Gipson10
- IcedOpethBlind - (GT: BGH86)
Kansas City Chiefs
- AshesAshes (GT: lactatingteens)
- Someone'sCoat (GT: TasteeNumNums)
New York Giants
- MHT (GT: dudexsoup)
- AJDell (GT: packsince)
- Stavie Steelo (GT: Stavie Steelo)
Green Bay Packers
- The Grey Man (GT: larson4589)
- Daveofstrength (GT : daveofstrength)
- WardCity (GT : Swampfoxrox)
New Orleans Saints
- houstoncalls! (GT: matt0200)
- Getup and Dance (GT: Getup and dance)
- BuriedAlive (GT: grizzlyabe21)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- snakexbombs (GT: SnakeBombs
- sethstaubs (GT: sethasaurus)
San Francisco 49ers
- JonSkinny12 (GT : JonSkinny12)
- xkj1985x (GT: xkj1985x)
St. Louis Rams
- Marrost (GT: xSHOOTtoTHRILL)
AP MADDEN 11 ONLINE FRANCHISE RULES
GENERAL RULES :
- Once you have chosen a team, that is your team. If you leave the league for ANY reason and come back, you must take the team you left. If that team is taken when you come back then you may pick a new team, but only then. If you leave the league in the middle of the season for an extended period of time (because you just don't want to play / don't like your team / whatever), you can come back, but you cannot play a game with your team until the following season. If you have somewhere you need to be for a couple weeks and can't play, that's fine.
- Advancement...I feel that each of us are capable of getting on this forum at least once a day so with that said we are going to have a 3 day advancement with a 24 hour non-contact rule...meaning it will be set at 3 days for each advancement with no early advancement unless ALL GAMES are completed... we will also be enforcing a 24 hour non contact rule for users who dont comunicate with others on scheduling a game so if you wanna prove that you have tried you better be posting it here on the forum......
Games in which users can not find the time to play because of scheduling issues will be simmed so that it is fair for both of them..... but if it seems you are having alot of your games simmed you might be considered to be tanking your games so be carefull... these rules will apply to all games even playoff games so make sure you are keeping up with each week.....
- Every week users get to select TWO player from the FREE AGENCY list (not including week one after the offseason, where you get a FA draft selection as well). This will continue until WEEK 5, then the FA list will be completely open.
- REGARDING TRADES
*Trades can be made with any USER team. Trades must be discussed in this thread. IF TRADES ARE NOT DISCUSSED OR POSTED / MENTIONED AT LEAST ONCE IN THIS THREAD THERE WILL BE A PENALTY (tbd).
NO TRADING WITH COMPUTER CONTROLLED TEAM, THERE IS NO TRADE LOGIC.
*No trading draft picks. Drafting get's complicated enough, it would be a mess with 20+ users to have trading draft picks unless there was PERFECT communication. It's too risky to deal with, so no trading picks.
*IF YOU MAKE AN OFF SEASON TRADE, YOU HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL AFTER WEEK ONE FOR THAT TRADE TO GO THROUGH. DROPPING AND RELEASING PLAYERS VIA FREE AGENCY WILL NOT BE ALLOWED BECAUSE THE FREE AGENT WIRE WILL SOMETIMES TAKE PLAYERS OFF THE ENTIRE GAME. THAT'S RIGHT, YOUR PLAYER COULD CEASE TO EXIST IF YOU DROP HIM BEFORE WEEK 1. SO DON'T.
- THERE WILL BE NO TRADE COMMITTEE, but people will be able to see who you've traded. If it seems obvious you are giving players away to users to sabotage the league, you will be permanently suspended from the league and the players will be returned to their original team.
- Scheduling games will be up to the users involved. If you play a computer controlled team you can play them at any point during the franchise week. If you play a user controlled team, then you must schedule when you're both able to play. IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO DO THIS THERE ARE SEVERAL SITUATIONS WITH DIFFERENT SOLUTIONS:
*If you have been trying to schedule a game back and fourth and things keep coming up and you end up going to the deadline without getting the game in, it will be simmed unless a reasonable time after the deadline can be set. I will try to be as lenient as possible, but we have to keep the league moving at the same time.
*If you know you're going to be gone for a week or a few days PLEASE LET US KNOW. You will be temporarily booted so the person you are playing can play your team against the computer. You can either drop yourself (if you play a user in the time you're gone) or the commish can boot you for the time. If you do not play a user during the time you're gone and the week advances your game will be simmed.
*If there are little to no attempt to get a game in by both teams, the game will be simmed.
These scheduling rules are here to keep the league moving. This league managed to stay alive for nearly 10 seasons last year because people got their games in in a timely manner and the league kept moving along. A slow league is a dead league. We won't wait for you if you try and hold us up.
- Trash talk is permitted and encoraged. Rivalires make the game more competitive, but it can be taken too far somtimes. If someone goes beyond trash talk and starts getting personal or attacking other users, there were be a written warning. If the behavior continues there will be incremental suspensions for every time you repeat the offense.
THIS GOES FOR BOTH IN GAME AND IN THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1st offense - 4 weeks
2nd offense - 8 weeks
3rd offense - 12 weeks
4th offense - one season
after that you will be suspended for one season every time you post something of that nature. let's keep it clean. This is a madden thread, not a hate thread.
- Games will be played on All-Madden with 7 minute quarters and 15 sec acc clock.
- No using exploits!! This is basically anything having to do with animation exploits (rocket catching mostly). If it wasn't meant to be part of the game, it's probably an exploit. Exploits DO NOT mean running the same play numerous times. If someone is killing you with a play, it's your job to find the play to stop it, there's a defensive play for every offensive play.
* If a player is caught using exploits by more than one person, they will be given a warning. If the player continues using exploits in user games, the player will be SUSPENDED for 8 games (regardless of what time of the season it is, suspensions can carry over to next season). Once reinstated, every time the user is caught using exploits again, they will be suspended another 8 games.
- THE CUTTHROAT RULE IS IN EFFECT!! What this means is EA's servers tend to drop games from time to time. If you're playing a game against another user, and that person drops out, it will give the person that's still connected the option to let the final score be the current score or not count anything and return to the main menu. If you chose to play cutthroat, the person who's still connected can make the decision to either take the win / loss or play again. You can also talk before the game and decide in that situation that the game should be replayed. If there is no talk, then cutthroat will be the default rule.
- Restarts will be monitored. There is a times started stat next to every game in the schedule, if you have to re-play more than once without letting the league know why you did (obviously connection problems and things come up, so it's ok if you have to do it sometimes). If you restart numerous times with no indication as to why, you will get a 2 game suspension.
- TANKING GAMES FOR DRAFT PICKS IS NOT ACCEPTED. I know it may be hard to really prove this, but if it becomes obvious you are tanking games and giving away free Ws so you can assure yourself of a high draft pick, you will be unable to pick your players in the upcoming draft. You will be given one warning after the initial offense, after that every time you do it, TWO rounds will go by without you being able to pick who you want. You can keep the players the computer chose for you, but you will not be able to draft yourself.
- To begin the off season, each team must drop a total of seven players (to make room for draft picks). THIS IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. If you don't drop your own players, the computer will drop them for you, and sometimes it drops players you want to keep. I will not allow users who forgot or just didn't drop players before the draft to re-pick their players up. you can use a FA pickup on them if you'd like.
* EACH OFFSEASON YOU'RE REQUIRED TO DROP 3 70+ PLAYERS AND 4 OTHER PLAYERS OF YOUR CHOICE TO MAKE ROOM. If you have player retirements it can count as a dropped player.
** YOU CAN ALSO OPT OUT OF DROPPING 3 70 PLAYERS IF YOU'D LIKE. BUT YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FREE AGENT DRAFT AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASONS, AND IF YOU NEED TO PICK UP A PLAYER FOR FILLING OUT A ROSTER, YOU MUST TAKE THE WORST OVERALL PLAYER POSITION AT THE POSITIONS YOU NEED. REMEMBER, EVEN IF YOU OPT OUT, YOU STILL HAVE TO MAKE DROPS OR THE COMPUTER WILL DROP PLAYERS FOR YOU. AGAIN, IF A PLAYER IS DROPPED BY THE COMPUTER THAT YOU WANTED TO KEEP, IT'S YOUR FAULT AND THE PLAYER WILL BE KEPT IN THE FREE AGENT WIRE UNTIL IT'S YOUR TURN (IN THIS CASE YOU DON'T GET A TURN) OR SOMEONE ELSE PICKS HIM UP.
- Drafts will be held with at least 24 hours notice beforehand. If the playoffs are coming to an end and you've been eliminated earlier, keep track of where the league is so you can be prepared for when the draft comes. THERE WILL BE NO COMPENSATION FOR PEOPLE WHO MISS THE DRAFT. You stick with who your team drafts for you. ALL DRAFTING MUST BE DONE VIA YOUR XBOX 360 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE (in madden 10 that's how it was, we will try and test it to see if this year's version lets you draft online)
- IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE ROOKIE DRAFT THE FREE AGENT DRAFT WILL BE HELD. The free agent draft will consist of players users dropped during the off season, and players computer teams dropped to make room for rookies as well. A FA waiver list will be made (same as draft position) and you must wait until your turn to pick your player. IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO MAKE THE FA DRAFT YOU CAN LET A COMMISH KNOW THE PLAYERS YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SO THEY CAN BE ADDED TO YOUR TEAM. IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS, YOU WILL BE SKIPPED AND CAN HAVE AN EXTRA PICKUP DURING WEEK ONE WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE.
- A three man co-commish committee will consist of myself (livethesounds), slyck, and IcedOpethBlind. We will vote on any other problems that may arise.
MADDEN 11 END OF SEASON AWARDS.
MVP - Levi Brown QB DAL (Someone'sCoat)
OPOY - Miles Austin WR TB (snakexbombs)
DPOY - Brian Urlacher LB CHI (daveofstrength)
OROY - Levi Brown QB DAL (Someone'sCoat)
DROY - Kyle Wilson CB NYJ (Max_123)
BEST ALL-AROUND USER: daveofstrength
BEST GM: IcedOpethBlind
BEST IN-GAME USER: daveofstrength
ROTTEN HAMBURGER AWARD (WORST GM): slyck
GARBAGE DUMP AWARD (WORST USER): getup and dance
GODMACHINE AWARD (BIGGEST SHOWBOAT/ TRASHTALKER): snakexbombs
NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR: badger52683
TIM AWARD (BEST USER W/ WORST TEAM): snakexbombs