AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview
Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.
Inside AP.net

Jonbenet, The - 11.25.06

Interviewed by: Jon Foucart (11/25/06)
First off, just state your name and what you do in The Jonbenet.

Dann Miller, I play guitar.

Now Pluto released your record Ugly/Heartless in August. How has the response been towards the effort?

It's been pretty awesome, heard a lot of good stuff about it and it's getting distributed pretty well.

A ways back there was talk about the band releasing a 7" with a cover of Marilyn Manson's "1996" on it. Is this still in the works or are there any details that can be let out?

Yeah, that's being pressed probably right now. Yeah, it's called Devil Music, there's gonna be 4 of them, each with a cover on side b. We'll probably do a White Zombie cover since the title came from them.

I have been told that you guys have begun writing for your next album. How has this been going so far and why so soon?

It's been going great, we have almost half a new record written. It's really not that soon. Most of the songs on U/H we had been sitting on for a long time. We recorded that in January and it took until August to get out, so it appears like it's soon, but we're right on schedule.

Any details on when you guys will be heading into the studio?

At the rate we've been writing songs, probably early spring.

The band has built a very solid fanbase across the US due to your insane touring schedule, now with crowds getting larger and more people picking up your albums, has the band been approached by any other labels as of late?

Nope.

A lot of people still freak out over the bands name. How do you deal with all of that?

I don't think I could care any less at this point. It's a tasteless name, I've dealt with it, everyone else can too. It's funny because our old bass player suggested it and I hated it, and he's not in the band anymore but we stuck with it. But yeah, some people can't get past it, and that's fine, I'd prefer to weed out the dickheads before they get to the music anyway.

Has the band thought about changing the name? If so, why did you stick with it?

We've joked about changing our name to our crown logo, kind of like Prince. But yeah, we stuck with it because we've grown to like it and changing our name at this point would be pretty counter-productive.

Like I said earlier, you guys tour non stop and from personal experience, it's very hard to make a living by doing so. What keeps you guys going as hard as you do?

It's fun, it's what we love to do, and eventually it would be great if we could make some sort of living doing so, and the only way to do that is keep doing it.

The band is currently booking a tour in the US for January/February with The American Black Lung. Should the fans expect to hear some new material on this tour?

Yeah, we will most likely throw a new song or two into the mix. And a drum solo.

Are any other tours being lined up? Maybe overseas or a stint through Canada?

Not yet. We're just finishing up booking the January tour.

Robbie of Heavy Heavy Low Low asked if you've ever visited Jonbenet Ramsey's grave?

Yeah we did. We were in Georgia and HHLL's merch guy Rusty offered to take us to it. We went and it was pretty creepy because her mom had just been buried next to her. When we got there, there was a super creepy old man who told us how he goes there a lot and tapes pictures from her in tabloids onto her grave and the guy who works at the cemetary usually kicks him out.

That's about it, anything else you would like to include?

Yeah, I really like TACO BELL, FENDER guitars, SHINER BOCK beer, ORANGE amplification and VANS shoes. Those things help me be the best I can be.

Displaying posts 1 - 7 of 7.
08:16 PM on 11/26/06
trash zoo
User Info.
short and sweet
good deal
08:32 PM on 11/26/06
SECRETaction
Made In Texas
User Info.
nice
08:33 PM on 11/26/06
Grybo
True Punk Fan
User Info.
i love it, along with their music
04:51 AM on 11/27/06
nathanlawson
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
"We've joked about changing our name to our crown logo, kind of like Prince."

bloody hell!
10:49 PM on 11/28/06
halfscripts
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
drum solos are so not going to happen if dann keeps trying to kill drew during shows.
08:36 PM on 12/20/06
SoDakValerie
User Info.
Haha. I like the Jonbenet. Good guys.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music