Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 123
12:31 AM on 09/16/10
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I agree with this part.
I think it would have fit in pretty well. Like, a lot of it, well at least part, is about his reaction to the record leaking (I think)..."I finally broke on Christmas Eve / In an Outback Steakhouse bathroom / While my family ordered for me." Pretty sure that's about the leak of the record cause that happened on Christmas Eve and he told me a similar story the first time I interviewed him. And the rest is lyrics just like the rest of The Upsides. I don't know, I think it fits in with the realist pop punk theme perfectly.
12:31 AM on 09/16/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
haha i saw your post in TWY thread that it leaked or something, glad that i didn't get out to a lot of people before you got to put it up
Haha it didn't leak!
12:34 AM on 09/16/10
Max_123
@HeyMaxSup
User Info.
12:38 AM on 09/16/10
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
I think it would have fit in pretty well. Like, a lot of it, well at least part, is about his reaction to the record leaking (I think)..."I finally broke on Christmas Eve / In an Outback Steakhouse bathroom / While my family ordered for me." Pretty sure that's about the leak of the record cause that happened on Christmas Eve and he told me a similar story the first time I interviewed him. And the rest is lyrics just like the rest of The Upsides. I don't know, I think it fits in with the realist pop punk theme perfectly.
I'm with you on there, it definitely fits lyrically. But the song brings back the keys and that's where I don't think it fits, haha.
12:39 AM on 09/16/10
gagematt
:)
User Info.
Goddamn, this is incredible. I'm so glad I pre-ordered this.
12:44 AM on 09/16/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
I'm with you on there, it definitely fits lyrically. But the song brings back the keys and that's where I don't think it fits, haha.
True. I really like the sound they add though. So excited for them to have that back....he plays it live on some of the upsides songs and it sounds great.
12:46 AM on 09/16/10
Soupy
User Info.
Glad people like the song. As I've been saying in interviews, etc, this song and the others on the re-release don't really fit the record and that's on purpose. The idea of a re-release gave us the chance to do things we wouldn't normally do. I don't think they represent a "direction" we're going or anything to that effect. It was an opportunity to try our hand at something we wouldn't on an album. I really like this song and it meant a lot to me to write.
12:49 AM on 09/16/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Glad people like the song. As I've been saying in interviews, etc, this song and the others on the re-release don't really fit the record and that's on purpose. The idea of a re-release gave us the chance to do things we wouldn't normally do. I don't think they represent a "direction" we're going or anything to that effect. It was an opportunity to try our hand at something we wouldn't on an album. I really like this song and it meant a lot to me to write.
Thanks for letting us have the exclusive man, I was so stoked on that. People at Hopeless are really cool to work with.
12:50 AM on 09/16/10
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
True. I really like the sound they add though. So excited for them to have that back....he plays it live on some of the upsides songs and it sounds great.
Definitely, I'm loving it. Oh that's awesome, I need to get my tickets for the FYS/CBK tour soon, haha.
12:52 AM on 09/16/10
Bryan Mac
GFYTN
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Are you guys going to play it on the FYS/CBK tour? I really, really hope you do.
12:58 AM on 09/16/10
Argentine
When I die, rap dies; Destiny Bond.
User Info.
Love this song. Love this album. Respectable dudes. Love that the keys are back. Pure, unadulterated badass.
01:07 AM on 09/16/10
simplejack
Soundtrack of My Silence
User Info.
Good song. It made me want to spin The Upsides another time.
01:24 AM on 09/16/10
MichaelCarnahan
Development Arrested.
User Info.
Outstanding. These guys continue to impress.
02:19 AM on 09/16/10
scott!athedisco
User Info.
I love everything this band touches. Hoping they play this song Nov. 11 in Paris
02:23 AM on 09/16/10
scott!athedisco
User Info.
Also, sorry for the off-topic post but there's a chance Soupy is looking at this thread.

Soupy or someone else from TWY, have you guys ever thought of making like a guitar tab booklet and including it with like a preorder package or something? I would pay a fuckload of money to be able to play Upsides from front to back, and I bet I'm probably not alone. Your ultimateguitar tab page sadly is lacking =(

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos