AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview
Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.

Emergency Gate - 09.13.10

Interviewed by: Linda Ferreira (09/19/10)
The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Emergency Gate

www.emergency-gate.com
myspace.com/emergencygateonline

1. How did you get your band name?
Udo: Mario came up with it during school lessons. He heard the word "Emergency“ and thought it sounded cool. So he added gate because of the free promotion: Everywhere in the world in every building you can find "Emergency Gate“ signs.

2. How did this band get started?
Udo: I can‘t tell much about it because I joined the band 3-4 years ago. But as far as I know it started out as a school band 15 years ago. Everything changed 3 years ag, when many new members, like our new singer Matthias, joined. The only one left from the original line-up is Mario.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Udo: It‘s hard to name a single band here. The whole musical spectrum is our influence. For us, it is important not to have prejudices against other music than metal. So we try to find inspiration everywhere.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Udo: Short answer. We‘d love to tour with ANY band that is nice. But I think the fans would like a tour with In Flames, Killswitch Engage and Children of Bodom.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Udo: Probably something like Garfield. Lying around, eating lasagna, and being cynical to other people.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
Udo: Because we kick ass! It‘s a great mix between melody and hardness. Very catchy. I love it. ;)

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Udo: "In Vain" of our new album The Nemesis Construct is probably the hardest one to play. But it would be fun. It‘s not as complicated as Dragonforce, haha.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Udo: I‘m not a big fan of "thanks to“ stuff because you always forget somebody, and then this person is pissed off. The people who should be thanked usually know that we‘re really thankful that they are there for us.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Udo: It‘s hard to get known as a smaller band. If you‘re not signed by a label you have absolutely no chance. Also the downloading music thing is a problem. It‘s too easy for people to download music, so even if they would buy it, they just go the easier way.

10. Memorable tour experience?
Udo: Of course our 2 month European tour with Kreator, Caliban and Eluveitie. That kicked major ass. :)

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Udo: AP.net rocks!

12. What is your favorite song to play?
Udo: Whatever song the fans go crazy to. "Nothing to Lose" at the moment.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Udo: Tour-life is my vacation. New city every day.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Udo: My parents have always listened to Greek folk music, so that‘s probably it.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Udo: Beaming would be nice. I hate long driving, except for driving in a tour bus, where I can sleep. Beam me up, Scotty! ;)

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Udo: Well.. that‘s hard to answer. We made a huge step, compared to so many other bands, but I still don't feel like a rockstar or anything like that. So we will go on working hard to "make it“

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Udo: Probably how much effort and time we spend on everything related to the band. Really, it‘s a lot :)

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Udo: Something in Spring or Autumn. Summer is too warm and Winter is too cold in Germany. But the summer holidays are cool too, because there are many nice festivals.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Udo: The things anyone does, but I‘m a huge series junkie. I love watching American and English TV-Series.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Udo: If someone explains something to me, I‘m kinda fast picking it up.

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums