AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Arla Mae - 09.14.10

Interviewed by
Arla Mae - 09.14.10The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Arla Mae
www.myspace.com/arlamaemusic

1. How did you get your name?
It was about 4 years ago and we actually came up with it very easily. It was one of those names where we thought it sounded "catchy".

2. When did you started performing and recording as Arla Mae?
Our first recording/show took place in November of 2006. We recorded at LNL studios in Elgin, IL. I remember looking at my hands shaking before we went on stage.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Well, the thing about Arla Mae is that we are all influenced by totally different bands and everyday events that we go through. At the end we bring it to the table, and the culmination is the Arla Mae sound.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Probably Linkin Park, because almost everyone grew up listening to them. Who wouldn't want to tour with them ?

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Probably a Lion, so no one would eat me...

6. Why should people listen to your band?
We believe we have a message to spread. We don't want to be that band that just jams and plays shows. We have a message and meaning in every song and everything we do. We also think you would really enjoy our sound.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Probably our song "Just Like You Said, Lizard Man", just because it's one of our complex/heavy songs. It would be pretty challenging!

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

Definitely our parents, God, and every single person who has listened to our music in the past. We are nothing without those people.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

I wish it was more fair. Maybe more about the music, message, meaning, and the people...rather than the image and how many myspace friends you have.

10. Memorable tour experience?
We were on our way to Dekalb, IL, and the weather was very bad. Tornado sirens were going off and everything. Because of traffic we were late to the show, so we didn't know if we should stop to take cover or keep going. I will not name any names, but someone started crying because they were scared... We ended up going to the show anyways, and we're still alive.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
<3

12. What is your favorite song to play?
My favorite is once again "Just Like You Said, Lizard Man" because we love seeing people move and have fun with us.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Definitely somewhere where the weather is perfect and the lemonade is nice and sweet.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Linkin Park, Yellowcard, A7X, Sum 41, Hoobastank, all that good stuff!

15. Do you feel that you have "made it" as an artist?
Not at all, we feel like we have a lot more to do. On a scale of 1 to 10...we are not close to a ten.

16. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Most fans don't know that we've been through a lot "behind doors". There is only one original member in this band now, but as of now, we have never been riding this strong.

17. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
We have a lot. Nick (vocalist) is pretty good at playing Madden. Ryan (Guitarist) is funny when he impersonates voices of people. We are all kind of funny in our own way.

Displaying posts 1 - 3 of 3
01:45 PM on 09/22/10
Hidden In NJ
Cilvia Demo
User Info.
Cool interview...I'll check this band out!

Don't really like the bands that they listed

but it's all good!
06:03 PM on 09/22/10
Macbeth.
User Info.
This band is awesome if you're into the genre, they need to get a real tour going

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos